TT 2012 Suggestions Thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-30-2012, 11:54 PM   #1
country flag keqtqiadv
2013 WS CHAMPS

keqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond repute
Default TT 2012 Suggestions Thread

TT 2012 SUGGESTIONS THREAD (READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING)

Time to voice your opinions and ideas on possible changes/improvements to the game. If you have any suggestions to make this game better, please post them here.
After the last off-season, we decided to improve the changes period by making it longer and opening a thread for suggestions first. This way, we'll be able to begin the actual changes period with all the suggestions in the first post of the thread for discussions.

- One suggestion per post.
- Do NOT discuss the suggestions in this thread (a separated thread will be created for opinions/votes/discussions).
- Suggestions on ranking points and wild cards should be posted on their respective threads.
- Suggestions will be accepted until Saturday, October 20th (20 days from now).

Last edited by keqtqiadv : 10-20-2012 at 12:08 AM.
keqtqiadv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2012, 12:02 AM   #2
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TT 2012 Suggestions Thread (READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING)

I suggest that doubles partners cannot play each other in round 1 (unless they're the only 2 players in qualifying)

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but three

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

If someone correctly picks SR2 but the other player gives a set to the loser in the SR1 PTS match, the person with the CORRECT score in SR2 should win, not the person who picked the loser in SR1
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
country flag AdeyC
TT BOARD MEMBER

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Not my original wording but 100% my sentiments :-

"Why don't we use the Code of Conduct more. Like for not sending picks, etc. Like if a player doesn't send picks esp. In the maindraw he should be penalised in any way as he took a place in the MD from a Q player just like the WO in real tennis. I don't know what the penalty should be, but maybe for every penalty some points and when these points reach a certain number this player is suspended for 2 weeks for example"

TITLES (2) : 2010 - CH Rhodes, 2012 - ATP Beijing
2014 -
Doubles (Rank : 53) (High : 5)
TITLES (11) : (w/GoBlakeGo) 2009 - CH Izmir, (w/Pavkata) 2009 - CH Trani, CH Banja Luka, CH Quito, 2010 - CH Sao Paolo, (w/BrunoBeidacki) 2011 - CH Athens, CH Santos, CH Astana, 2012 - CH Monza, ATP Paris, RU - FRENCH OPEN 2014 - CH Sao Paolo
2014 - (w/BrunoBeidacki) - WON CH Sao Paolo
TT Board Member - since Aug 2012 - w/keqtqiadv, Mahqz, Marto & ibreak4coffee
AdeyC is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
If someone correctly picks SR2 but the other player gives a set to the loser in the SR1 PTS match, the person with the CORRECT score in SR2 should win, not the person who picked the loser in SR1
Maybe in addition to this the Shootout should be decided at first by the match with the biggest amount of differences. Sometimes managers can´t tell which match is the closest.
When the qualification draw comes out late on friday or the qualifiers are placed late on sunday it takes a while to find out which matches are the closest. Maybe it would be easier to just make random OOPs with all matches in it and let the order be decided by the amount of real differences.
I don´t know if the spreadsheet could be modified in that way, I don´t want the manager to have more work
Boarder35m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Reward players who win QR1 but fail to qualify. Perhaps 1 ranking point for a challenger up to 5-10 for a GS.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #7
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Relieve managers of the responsibility of choosing the SR order for the OOP by having it automatically the same as published on the ATP website, reading either left to right or top to bottom.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
country flag Lazyking

Lazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
Relieve managers of the responsibility of choosing the SR order for the OOP by having it automatically the same as published on the ATP website, reading either left to right or top to bottom.
I like this.

Tennis Tipping Manager/Player.
Lazyking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #9
country flag Goldenoldie

Revise the PTS tie-breaker so that correct set order will always beat correct set score.

For example
Player A picks 62 36 64
Player B picks 46 76 61
Actual result 36 64 62

With current tie-break Player A wins 10-7
I suggest Player B should win on all correct set order
Old 10-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #10
country flag lolada_4

lolada_4 has a reputation beyond reputelolada_4 has a reputation beyond reputelolada_4 has a reputation beyond reputelolada_4 has a reputation beyond reputelolada_4 has a reputation beyond reputelolada_4 has a reputation beyond reputelolada_4 has a reputation beyond reputelolada_4 has a reputation beyond reputelolada_4 has a reputation beyond reputelolada_4 has a reputation beyond reputelolada_4 has a reputation beyond repute

TT is a game, right?
So I think in some cases we can be more benevolent!
For example we have a real life, work, school, problems, and I believe very people in some days don´t have very time, and I know very people who sents the picks 2/3 min after the deadline, and his picks aren´t accept and I think that is stupid! Because the matches even start!!!! I know that we should have deadlines, but it the manager sees the matches even start can accept this picks.
And for example (this case happened with me today!) I send my picks for my doubles partner and the guy who posts the OOP (a big error) and I can do a print screen to prove that I send the picks before the deadline!
I think in this cases our picks should be accept because it´s a game to have fun!
lolada_4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #11
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond repute

Count all losing 2-1 picks before going to the shootout (as currently in WTA TT). For GS's count losing 3-2 picks, then count losing 3-1 picks before going to the shootout.

For example:-

OOP
SR1 : Berrer vs Ebden (Actual result Berrer wins 2-0)
SR2 : Mayer vs Haas (Actual result Haas wins 2-0)
SR3 : Cilic vs Andujar (Actual result Andujar wins 2-0)
SR4 : Gasquet vs Fognini (Actual result Fognini wins 2-0)

Player A
Berrer 2-0
Mayer 2-1
Cilic 2-0
Gasquet 2-0

Player B
Berrer 2-0
Mayer 2-0
Cilic 2-1
Gasquet 2-1

In the above example, Player A wins on Shootout SR2 by giving a set to the winner, but player B gave a set to the winner in SR3 & SR4, so therefore has made better picks overall and deserves to be the winner.

Last edited by sdtoot : 10-02-2012 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Corrected mistake in post.
sdtoot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #12
country flag Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond repute

Well to stick with real tennis, I think TT players shouldn't be able to play in two places at the same time.

I mean if you are still palying a SF or F in week 29, you shouldn't be allowed to play qualies of week 30 in another tourney.

It is all the more unfair when Grand Slam Qualies because the guy can play a challenger and GS qualies at the same time and if he is beaten in GS qualies he can play a challenger the week after.

So the guy play 3 tourney in three weeks (ok with only 2 ranking points opportunities) but it get loosers a free more attempt which is not fair.
DUBLU : 2013 (63/33) W : INDIAN WELLS MS, HEILBRONN CH (Molosztash); MÜNICH (Rvugt) ANTALYA F1 (Bashkatik)
PROSTEJOV CH (Renaud) PRAHA CH (Orangehat) SAO PAULO WChTF, ALPHEN CH (Sonja1989)

PREVIOUS YEARS : 8 TITLES (rvugt : 4 orangehat : 2 dusan1610 : 1 stealthisnick : 1)
Crvena Zvezda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #13

Crvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond repute

Double Year Final is a double thing, I think teams should qualify and not individual people.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #14

In olympics like in DC, nations thing should apply, I mean double should be build with the same nation people.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #15
country flag Goldenoldie

Count retirements for SR and shootout purposes as well as just the winners, by assuming that all necessary remaining games go to the winner. For example 64 45 retired becomes 64 75 and 46 23 retired becomes 46 63 60