China loves Novak - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-15-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default China loves Novak

honestly my friends. I really loved this match. Both Nole/Murray were great. I got used to the fact that people don't like Novak. No, he is not Fed or Nadal, but Chinese crowd love him so much. they were chanting, Nole, Nole , so crazy. so funny. Lee, you should let us know. I've never seen so much support for Nole,

Last edited by Alex999 : 10-16-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 04:10 AM   #2
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: China loves Novak

I loved hearing the Chinese chant "NOLE NOLE NOLE" It made such a difference.

Although in the US he has more support than the commies acknowledge: they love to push the narrative that nobody likes Novak.

But China is special for our Nole. I think the crowd carried Nole for a few crucial games against Murray.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:44 AM   #3
country flag cinny

cinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond repute

I seriously don't understand why people don't like him. Not everyone has to like him, but how do people dislike him! I think more people like him than you'd think. Are his fans not in those countries where the big tournaments are? Or maybe Asians are more likely to appreciate him, as we have a few of us here on this board . Whatever it is, as long as Nole stays happy and so sweet to his fans. I hope he gets stronger to go against crowd factor, keeping only his fans at his heart during matches.
cinny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
country flag Sleepwalker64

Sleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond repute

That was a question I asked myself quite regularly..
My answer is that..majority of tennis fans were already divided in two groups Rafa and Federer, and that leaves small hole to fill. But I think he was always very popular in Asia (I don't know a real reason...can it be because of ST?)and surprisingly in Italy (I guess because he speaks Italian and ST). The other reason..is probably different background..not part of the western culture. And the better you become, more enemies show up.

But he is doing just fine...I would never be a fan of something that is extremely popular in whole world. Its weird enough to cheer for the number 1 player in the world...at least for me.

Speak softly and carry a big stick !

사샤
Sleepwalker64 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker64 View Post
That was a question I asked myself quite regularly..
My answer is that..majority of tennis fans were already divided in two groups Rafa and Federer, and that leaves small hole to fill. But I think he was always very popular in Asia (I don't know a real reason...can it be because of ST?)and surprisingly in Italy (I guess because he speaks Italian and ST). The other reason..is probably different background..not part of the western culture. And the better you become, more enemies show up.

But he is doing just fine...I would never be a fan of something that is extremely popular in whole world. Its weird enough to cheer for the number 1 player in the world...at least for me.
it make sense. French don't like him at all or shall I say they love Roger too much (I still have nightmares when I think about RG 2011, the worst crowd in tennis history, they were so rude). Italians adore him and always support him so much. just strange. Brits tend to be more neutral.

well I'll take Chinese, any day. It was hilarious, It felt like Nole played in Serbia. I've never seen the crowd being so pro Nole.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:42 PM   #6
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

No prejudice vs him because of the relationship between China and Serbia.
Nadal is not as well loved in China (he hardly played/played well in TMCs in Shanghai)
Nole won TMC the last year in Shanghai and signed with ST. Lots of promotion in China because of the owner.
Nole tried hard to endear himself to fans, not just Chinesefans, which is very appreciated by Chinese while some people from so called first world countries thumbed their noses at this kind of gesture.

Respect is important for Chinese. And Nole showed lots of respect.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #7
country flag Alex999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
No prejudice vs him because of the relationship between China and Serbia.
Nadal is not as well loved in China (he hardly played/played well in TMCs in Shanghai)
Nole won TMC the last year in Shanghai and signed with ST. Lots of promotion in China because of the owner.
Nole tried hard to endear himself to fans, not just Chinesefans, which is very appreciated by Chinese while some people from so called first world countries thumbed their noses at this kind of gesture.

Respect is important for Chinese. And Nole showed lots of respect.
Lee, that's so cool, and even as a pale Canadian punk I couldn't agree more about the respect thing you are talking about. I don't even think Novak tried too hard in China. I find his effort to write his name in Mandarin as a perfect respect of his Asians fans and China in general. It's a small gesture to learn to write the first letter of your name, if I understand this correctly, yet Chinese people appreciated it so much. I'm still shocked that the whole stadium in Shanghai was chanting, Nole, Nole, just crazy. Of course, I loved it and I was deeply touched.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #8
country flag Alex999

didn't want to open another thread. but this is so cute. well done Nole and Uniqlo.
the last girl was so cute saying 'when I grow up I want to be a princess'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYfKeSvfCkA