Tokyo F: Nishikori bagels Raonic 7-6(5) 3-6 6-0 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #46
country flag MaratandMilos

MaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tokyo F: Nishikori bagels Raonic 7-6(5) 3-6 6-0

I thought Milos was playing poorly in the first two sets, but wow, he really took it to a whole different level in that 3rd. Maybe he got tired or something after these tough last few days, but I hope getting bageled like that motivates him for next week.

Kei certainly capitalized on the poor play with some solid shots of his own in the 3rd and I'm glad that he got to win his home tournament. He's been waiting a long time for this moment. For Milos, though, it was yet another chance at breaking into the top 10 that he wasted. The match was his for the taking the entire time and he responded with errors and indecisive play. He was nothing like he was against Murray or even against Tipsarevic. This has become a trend in big matches this year (lost vs. Melzer in his last 500 final as well) and the lack of consistency is what is holding him back. I can only hope he'll learn from these matches in the future as he'll surely have a lot more.
MaratandMilos is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #47
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
Raonic is almost one dimensional in this match.

How on earth did Murray lose to him?

but Nishikori was on fire. His returns of serve was brilliant.
Murray was not in nearly the form he was at the USO night match, But credit to Kei- putting so much pressure on Raonic's second serve- at times leaping a foot in the air to crush a kick serve, put a lot of pressure on his serve and added to the pressure of Raonic playing in a big final. It seemed to be a good strategy.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #48
country flag Tactim

Tactim has a reputation beyond reputeTactim has a reputation beyond reputeTactim has a reputation beyond reputeTactim has a reputation beyond reputeTactim has a reputation beyond reputeTactim has a reputation beyond reputeTactim has a reputation beyond reputeTactim has a reputation beyond reputeTactim has a reputation beyond reputeTactim has a reputation beyond reputeTactim has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, nishikori get's a year's supply of beer. What an odd reward.

To GSMnadal, the ATP tour hasn't really hyped up Nishikori much as asians really haven't broken onto the ATP tour much as men haven't had much success, even with Nishikori's jump to the top 20 this last year.

Harrison, Raonic, Tomic, and Dolgopolov are people who I've noticed definitely get more of the press for the new generation of tennis where Nishikori kind of gets left out a lot. Surely this is going to change with this win.
Tactim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #49
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Kei looks really fit. He used to get tired easily, I think he must have made a big push to improve his fitness.

Maybe he's gone gluten free
Old 10-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #50
country flag thesouth

thesouth has a reputation beyond reputethesouth has a reputation beyond reputethesouth has a reputation beyond reputethesouth has a reputation beyond reputethesouth has a reputation beyond reputethesouth has a reputation beyond reputethesouth has a reputation beyond reputethesouth has a reputation beyond reputethesouth has a reputation beyond reputethesouth has a reputation beyond reputethesouth has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Kei Nishikori for saving tennis!
thesouth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #51
country flag JamieMU30

JamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond repute

at Muglos thanking the Japanese people for coming up with "sushi" That is so ignorant to say, even moreso in front of large crowd on national television...Wow, a form of reverse xenophobia at it's finest...The little respect for Muglos I had is now gone...Such ignorance
JamieMU30 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #52
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant from Kei. What a way to cap off a great week!!

Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #53
country flag MaratandMilos

MaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieMU30 View Post
at Muglos thanking the Japanese people for coming up with "sushi" That is so ignorant to say, even moreso in front of large crowd on national television...Wow, a form of reverse xenophobia at it's finest...The little respect for Muglos I had is now gone...Such ignorance
lol, you didn't have any respect for him to begin with judging by your past ridiculous posts about him.

Also, it was a joke.
MaratandMilos is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #54
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He really brought up Sushi?

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
Old 10-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #55
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

"nofitkori" no more

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #56
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Pathetic haters

But I suppose it's evened out since that delicious loss Murray suffered yesterday.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #57
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
how is that a form of xenophobia? cant get it

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #58
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

what's wrong with telling Japanese people you like their cuisine?
Old 10-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #59
country flag MuzzahLovah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Pathetic haters

But I suppose it's evened out since that delicious loss Murray suffered yesterday.
Well, I don't like servebots on principle, but certain gloating Raotards earned him a bunch more haters yesterday.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #60
country flag chewy

chewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not Japanese, but if I was I wouldn't be the least bit offended...sushi is a delicacy and a popular dish through out the world.
I think he was just trying to find something nice to say as a thank you or compliment to the supporters that came out to watch the final.
Hyeon Chung | Dennis Istomin | Ze Zhang | Go Soeda | Tatsuma Ito | Yuichi Sugita | Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi | Rohan Bopanna | Danai Udomchoke | Tsung-Hua Yang | Hiroki Moriya | Mao-Xin Gong | Hyung-Taik Lee | Paradorn Srichaphan | Takao Suzuki

Fernando Gonzalez | Max Mirnyi | Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Tommy Haas | Ricardas Berankis | Xavier Malisse | Andreas Seppi | David Ferrer | Juan Martin Del Potro | Tim Smyczek | Olivier Rochus | Victor Troicki | Horatio Zeballos | Lleyton Hewitt | Nick Kyrgios | Mario Ancic | Peter Luczak

ATP Tokyo 2012, ATP Memphis 2013 Champion Kei Nishikori
chewy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote