Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-18-2007, 03:47 PM   #1
country flag sawan66278

sawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond reputesawan66278 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed

Quote:
nar·cis·sism (närs-szm) or nar·cism (närszm)
n.
1. Excessive love or admiration of oneself.
As defined by the American Medical Heritage Dictionary.

As many have stated Roger has ended 2007 just like he began 2007. Following today's match, HERE'S ROGER!!!

Quote:
I always knew I had great defensive skills, and I showed that again this week with the great offensive skill. And when both work, it's hard to beat me basically."
Ah...humility personified....I give you Mr. Federer.

Seriously though, I STILL believe there have been a few "chinks" in the armor...revealed/produced and the days of Roger's complete dominance on the tour are over. A few hot serving days...brought on by confidence generated by playing pigeons Mr. Fixit and Mr. "Have Serve but Will Still Not Travel". And playing a final against David and Friends...whom you've lost a set to only once in (now) eight matches.

Listen, I'm sorry...you do not, if your are Roger Federer, and I mean do NOT lose to Gonzo. Particularly after the year he has had. Give Roger credit...the man is certainly a half glass full person.

Yes, Roger you won the head to head over your main rivals. However, Sir Cheat-a-Lot did crush you in a third tiebreak...and had set points on you in the first two sets at the Open. Rafa did crush your French Open dreams AGAIN (oooh...Hamburg...EVERYONE knows Hamburg is far more important than RG ) You won a set against Rafa 6-0...but followed that up with another loss to Rafa in Paris...where you have never defeated him.

You won Wimbledon; however, you managed to ONLY win in five sets...after an injury timeout saved you from a mental breakdown/tantrum the likes we haven't seen since Boom Boom Becker lost to Mr. "How to Win Ugly" himself, Brad Gilbert.

Let's see, you did end the year #1, and win your first title on an indoor surface. And you defeated David of the House of Nal...um wait...he wasn't playing in Shanghai. Whoops, my mistake.

Mark my words: Roger COULD end the year #1...but the days of showing up on court...and marveling at your own skills following win after win are over. Whether you want to believe it or not...
sawan66278 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2007, 03:53 PM   #2
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed Again

sawan, how could you post this topic and miss this?

From yesterday's presser:

Quote:
Q. Watching last night's match against Andy, one was tempted to conclude he really lacks the tools and variety to challenge you, at least at the moment. If you compare tonight's match with yesterday's match, it's a similar pattern. When you're playing like this, are there any answers to your game you see on the horizon in the men's game? Is there any difference between the challenge you felt in the course of the match between tonight and last night?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, look, it's always been my big strength. Once I get on a roll it's hard to stop me. It's always been like this. Even in my young days, you know, as a junior, I was always so talented. Back then I didn't work hard enough yet to put it all together, you know, for, I don't know, let's say six games or, you know, two sets or something.
Now I can. Now I can even pull it even through even longer and against the best in the world. I've beaten Rafa before 6-Love in a set. I've beaten the best very convincingly. But for me it's great to do it over and over again, you know, over many months, many years.
When it happens again for me, it's not as big of a surprise because this is why I work my tail off basically. That it all pays off in the end, it seems it's paying off again, you know, with my good preparation, my good scheduling. It's always nice when you can beat guys like Andy or Rafa, obviously.

Roger -

Link to Fed's presser - http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=46707

Link to Rafa's - http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=46708

Last edited by l_mac : 11-18-2007 at 04:07 PM.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:54 PM   #3
country flag elessar
Fly away little pigeon

elessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond repute

nice try. Now that the Djokotards have left the building following Djoko's recent...questionable form, you have to contend yourself with riling up Fedtards
elessar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:55 PM   #4
country flag yana

yana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was always so talented.

That quote is killing me

Rafael Feli Bandy
yana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:01 PM   #5
country flag stebs

stebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Federer sucks, taking five sets to win Wimbledon? Pshhhhh, that is WACK!

As funny as when you tried to claim that Youzhny was beaten before stepping on court with Roger and looked downcast even though he was screaming Davai so loud aliens could hear it.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:01 PM   #6
country flag Adler

Adler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking the truth isn't the same as narcissism
Old 11-18-2007, 04:06 PM   #7
country flag Skyward

Skyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Federer will not dominate forever. It takes a genius like Sawan/RFK to figure it out.

P.S. Sawan, it'd be great if you could leave you PMS rants, worsened by Nadal's losses, in your personal blog.
Skyward is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:07 PM   #8
country flag CyBorg

CyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond repute

Federer is a spoiled rich kid. What are you doing to do? He was always this way.

I think that people would feel better about it if he was less like the Scarlet Pimpernel and more like Boris Becker. Becker was also a nice guy and also a narcissist. But he could get away with it because he had a certain animalistic manliness.

I don't know what to conclude from this.
CyBorg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:07 PM   #9
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by elessar View Post
nice try. Now that the Djokotards have left the building following Djoko's recent...questionable form,

Yeah, where the Hell are they?
Old 11-18-2007, 04:12 PM   #10
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute

I hope roger continues to win and to tell it like it is...just so that the haters can take it up the ar$se
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:13 PM   #11
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyBorg View Post
Federer is a spoiled rich kid. What are you doing to do? He was always this way.

I think that people would feel better about it if he was less like the Scarlet Pimpernel and more like Boris Becker. Becker was also a nice guy and also a narcissist. But he could get away with it because he had a certain animalistic manliness.

I don't know what to conclude from this.
Becker wasn't a nice guy at all. I mean he is not the Jimmy Connors league for being a prick, but nice guy is stretching it at best.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:13 PM   #12
country flag yana

yana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond repute

L_mac, why don't you like Djoko, BTW? He's just an irritating kid, that's all

Rafael Feli Bandy
yana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:15 PM   #13
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yana View Post
L_mac, why don't you like Djoko, BTW? He's just an irritating kid, that's all
Oh, there are many, many reasons.

For 2008 my sig will be changing to "Why I don't like Djokovic" and it will be my aim to have a new reason for each new day.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:15 PM   #14
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute

How would you coach someone to beat Roger Federer? What would you say? "Don't even try, pal," he said with a grin. "It's going to be really, really difficult, you know. You're probably not going to win, but you can always try. I'm just kidding. I don't know. I'm not a coach just yet. I'm still a player, so I won't answer."
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:17 PM   #15
country flag R.Federer

R.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond repute

It's end of the season, let me join in the fun
Quote:

"I always knew I had great defensive skills and I showed it again with great offensive skill," said Federer.