Murray`s negative attitude on court - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #121
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray`s negative attitude on court

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Anyway there are multiple aspects in that attitude imo, probably interrelated, which make that Murray seems to have a lot in common with McEnroe although not being at all a "brat" with umpires and even other players like him.

As far as losing matches is concerned, I think he has managed to control his negativity much more.
I would like to see someone to repeat at least half of what Mac said to umpires. It would be funny and bring some freshness in this polite tennis world.
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #122
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
I would like to see someone to repeat at least half of what Mac said to umpires. It would be funny and bring some freshness in this polite tennis world.
I can only imagine how much that player would be loathed on here. Roddick was a saint in comparison to McEnroe and he was excoriated on here any time he looked at an umpire cross-eyed.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #123
country flag Nr 1 Fan

Nr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
a lot of it is pure bluff designed to get inside his opponent's head.

things like crying when he gets aced at 135mph or fails to make a pass from row Z of the stand.

and yes, the role of lendl on his on-court demeanour has been overstated. people decided on the narrative as soon as lendl was appointed and stuck with it despite countless incidents of contrary evidence.

the narrative being that murray would never swear at his box and generally act like a prissy little bitch on court with a lengend like lendl in his corner.
You really think so?

I think it just lies in his character, some people just can't forgive themselves for making a mistake. They can't believe they a made a wrong choice of shot or made a stupid error. It has nothing to do with playing mind games. I happen to act that way too on court so I now about what I am talking here
Nr 1 Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #124
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Well, you know...lesson learned. Murray might act like the Dying Swan at times on court if something is bugging him but he doesn't retire. As for drama...I mean, I watched that match and he just seemed in pain to me and was clutching his back when it hurt. I don't remember much more "drama" than that - I don't remember him bursting into tears, or raging at the universe, or behave in any other way than someone behaves when they're in pain. So I wonder what he means by drama, and I can't help wonder if some of that is really about him being frustrated at letting it get away, as a very experienced player he really should know better than to expect any player to retire, no matter how much "drama" he's seeing.
yes, I didn't see much drama on his face in this match, probably Nieminen meant that he had never seen a player who looked that bad and didn't retire as he said in his post.

Anyway, really Nieminen sounds very nice from reading his blog but I just think he says the impressions he had which some other players have talked about that they had the impression that he "faked".

I'm not a big partisan of these "faking" theories but well, players talk about it a lot.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #125
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
I can only imagine how much that player would be loathed on here. Roddick was a saint in comparison to McEnroe and he was excoriated on here any time he looked at an umpire cross-eyed.
I like Andy, best press-conference player for last ten years.

You are right I guess, but still.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #126
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

I also think Murray is obsessed with his health to the point of being a bit of a hypochondriac - but for good reason. Most players who have had a bad injury early on are very cautious about their body as their career goes on, and Murray had a bad ankle injury as a junior.

He also has the bipartite patella issue since birth, which has to be managed. As it turns out, Monfils has the same bipartite patella problem, he's thrown himself around and slid about on hardcourts for years, and now is at risk of having to retire because his knee is so fucked. A player's body is really all they have and they have to be obsessive about looking after it.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #127
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nr 1 Fan View Post
You really think so?

I think it just lies in his character, some people just can't forgive themselves for making a mistake. They can't believe they a made a wrong choice of shot or made a stupid error. It has nothing to do with playing mind games. I happen to act that way too on court so I now about what I am talking here
sometimes yes. especially with the passes I mentioned.

I'm not sure how much. The majority of the time it's as you say, just a miserable git not happy with the way he's playing.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #128
country flag Honestly
Banned!

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
No, it really isn't.
Yeah, I can see that from how you feel the need to get in the last word
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #129
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

lol everyone is so pressed. Andy doesn't like losing and wastes his energy on negative reactions, but it's much better than sort blandly slumping toward defeat in the Tomic fashion or retiring . Anyways yeah maybe he would have played better if he had a more positive attitude, but then again he would have a better attitude if his game was working right from the start.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #130
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was sent to Sapeod who as I know to say the least doesn`t like Rafa. And if he can call Haas to be idiot after quotation he doesn`t agree I was wonder what he would write about Andy, that`s all.

But if you want to continue this topic - Murray never said it word in word, but I think it`s obvious for years that he really respects Nadal more as a player. I made this conclusion after reading a lot of different interviews by Andy.

Again, I have nothing wrong with it, aim in post had something with receiver.
Nadal also hasn't been talking shit about him since he was a teenager, unlike some other multiple slam winners, so that might have something to do with it.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #131
country flag NJ88

NJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond repute

Murrays attitude on court has improved dramatically this year. This tournament obviously was a bit different, or the last match was. It may have just been a lapse, he's played a lot of tennis over the past couple of months and this tournament isn't the biggest he's played. It was maybe a case of him getting down on himself as he wasn't winning as comfortably as he expected or something I don't know. But I dont expect to see it much more in the future. He might get a little frustrated every now again but not to the extent of the years previously, he's always going to be quite animated on court but he wont often let it affect him.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #132
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How do you think how many matches Andy lost due to negative attitude during match? Today he was malicious after every single point he didn`t take. I understand, now he is legend Goldray and Slamray , but it doesn`t believe he will never lose again hovewer we joked about it.

I can remember at least 5-6 for last years where the obvious reasons of losses were wrong focus for Andy. Too many tantrums, too litle smart and accurate play.

For me sometimes it looks like Andy has conflict in himself while losing to players he should have won to his mind. "How on earth I missed that backhand, I should have never even played this kind of shot against this opponent. Failed, Andy, be smarter!". And so on. He concentrates on some bad points more than they deserve. I can remember the same thing with early Federer.

The most important thing I saw as a result of Lendlray co-work was changing of Murray`s behaviour on court. I thought that after victory on GS it would be even easier for Murray to face little fails during matches here and there, but now I`m not that sure.

Any thoughts?
and to think that my local tv commentators were praising him today for not losing control contrary to his abits.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:12 AM   #133
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
I went for C and E, but E is most likely.
indeed, i think C is possibly the reason for a lot of murray's internal tension

E is really neither here nor there. there's far more inbred places than where he comes from

A is definitely a possibility though - we've seen the effects of lendl's golf club on murray's opponents. perhaps lendl needs to apply that brutality to his pupil
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:39 AM   #134
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy's attitude on court is disgusting. Every time he loses a point he acts like an 8 year old girl who dropped her ice cream. If only umpires had balls and gave him poinr penalties for swearing, racquet smashing and grimacing. Hooliganism runs in his veins, so his behavior isn't likely to change, however. One can only hope his fluke slam will lead to a massive slump that will see him out of top 100 so tennis fans world wide don't have to put up with Mandy's disgusting antics.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #135
country flag MurrayMagic1

MurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Mandy's attitude on court is disgusting. Every time he loses a point he acts like an 8 year old girl who dropped her ice cream. If only umpires had balls and gave him poinr penalties for swearing, racquet smashing and grimacing. Hooliganism runs in his veins, so his behavior isn't likely to change, however. One can only hope his fluke slam will lead to a massive slump that will see him out of top 100 so tennis fans world wide don't have to put up with Mandy's disgusting antics.
Yet again, your posts are full of inspiration. You amaze me. out of the top 100. LOL. imagine if the Unmpire had the balls to do anything. I don't know maybe giving Nadal a point penalty for taken 234735151623 years to serve. Maybe if they had balls to give a point penalty for smashins rackets.