Murray`s negative attitude on court - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #106
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray`s negative attitude on court

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Yes but why blame Murray for that? He did what he needed to do - his back was so stiff he could barely move it, he took an MTO and he played on. It's not his responsibility if another player assumes he will retire and doesn't do what is JOB 1 for a tennis player. Play the damn ball. Eventually his back loosened up and he turned it around and won. He is on record as saying he wakes up with a stiff back nearly every day and often takes painkillers, especially when playing on hardcourts. Some days the back takes longer than others to loosen up. Given how infrequently Murray has retired in his career, he hasn't retired in a match in over 5 years, I don't get why people would assume he would retire.
I don't blame him, I just explain why some players and staff (like French Davis cup staff) have a problem and don't like Murray's attitude, which is one of the topics discussed here although there are several aspects of the same question.

And you know that Nieminen is one of the most experienced players on tour then it's harsh to say that he just didn't do what is his job 1 as a player.

Besides, in his match against Gasquet, Gasquet could not have changed the result anyway as Murray playd out of his mind : his match that day after the beginning of the match was GREAT.
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #107
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

murray displayed negative body language on court today because:

a) lendl didn't beat him enough with his golf club

b) he lost at FIFA last night and ran out of vodka

c) kim wouldn't take it up the arse last night

d) his never-ending generosity caused him to donate the match to ranoic

e) he is an inbred from up north

f) ranoic is sampras v.2

vote now
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #108
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
And only my posts offer any sense of reason.
well, if you check your user CP you'll see that i think differently, going by the accompanying message to the red dot i gently provided to you.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #109
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I don't blame him, I just explain why some players and staff (like French Davis cup staff) have a problem and don't like Murray's attitude, which is one of the topics discussed here although there are several aspects of the same question
They have a problem with a player who doesn't feel 100% and doesn't retire like a good little boy and give their guy the walkover, but fights through it and wins? I genuinely don't get that, I'm sorry, but I don't.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #110
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well if you really think that, then your work here is done.
Boom.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #111
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Where has Murray said Rafa deserves MORE respect than Fed cos I don't think I have ever seen that? What I have seen is Andy say, repeatedly, that Roger is probably the best player who ever played the game, so I'm not sure how much more respect people actually want Andy to show. He could lose the "probably" I guess
It was sent to Sapeod who as I know to say the least doesn`t like Rafa. And if he can call Haas to be idiot after quotation he doesn`t agree I was wonder what he would write about Andy, that`s all.

But if you want to continue this topic - Murray never said it word in word, but I think it`s obvious for years that he really respects Nadal more as a player. I made this conclusion after reading a lot of different interviews by Andy.

Again, I have nothing wrong with it, aim in post had something with receiver.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #112
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Where has Murray said Rafa deserves MORE respect than Fed cos I don't think I have ever seen that? What I have seen is Andy say, repeatedly, that Roger is the better player who ever played the game, so I'm not sure how much more respect people actually want Andy to show. He could lose the "probably" I guess
I'm surprised that you say something like that.

it's obvious in many of his quotes that he thinks that Nadal is a greater player than Fed, I can't tell you all quotes prooving that, but for instance when you say that he says that "Roger is the greater player who ever played the game", he usually adds "so far"

Murray respects Fed of course, I don't say he doesn't, but Nadal is so much more in his eyes
Old 10-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #113
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
It was sent to Sapeod who as I know to say the least doesn`t like Rafa. And if he can call Haas to be idiot after quotation he doesn`t agree I was wonder what he would write about Andy, that`s all.

But if you want to continue this topic - Murray never said it word in word, but I think it`s obvious for years that he really respects Nadal more as a player. I made this conclusion after reading a lot of different interviews by Andy.

Again, I have nothing wrong with it, aim in post had something with receiver.
Andy has the greatest respect for both of them. Is he closer to Rafa and does he get on better with him, and like him more? Unquestionably.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #114
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
I'm surprised that you say something like that.

it's obvious in many of his quotes that he thinks that Nadal is a greater player than Fed, I can't tell you all quotes prooving that, but for instance when you say that he says that "Roger is the greater player who ever played the game", he usually adds "so far"

Murray respects Fed of course, I don't say he doesn't, but Nadal is so much more in his eyes
As I have said - I think he respects both of them hugely but likes and gets on better with Rafa, with whom he is a similar age to and has more in common, like dumbass video games
Old 10-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #115
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're of little value, not only to MTF but to society in general.

Your ass licking of Scoobs is bordering on a full blown deep rimming.
Nah I'm just trying to get under your skin, and from your comment it looks like it's working.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #116
country flag duong

Quote:
They have a problem with a player who doesn't feel 100% and doesn't retire like a good little boy and give their guy the walkover, but fights through it and wins? I genuinely don't get that, I'm sorry, but I don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Nieminen
Even though I never expect someone to retire, this time I was sure that Murray would give up. I have had many opponents suffering on the court, many retirements and I have never seen someone struggling as much as Murray. Never so much drama. He just could not serve, play tennis what so ever. When you see a player in this kind of shape, especially a top-player, the natural thought is that for him it doesn't make any sense to keep going. Anyway Murray still did.
you know that Nieminen is one of the most experienced players on Tour then you can't just treat his words as unreasonable

Besides he was not harsh against Murray in his post, not like Haas at all, he only says "after his miracle healing"
Old 10-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #117
country flag Honestly

Quote:
K, noob.
Like I said, it's working.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #118
country flag duong

Anyway there are multiple aspects in that attitude imo, probably interrelated, which make that Murray seems to have a lot in common with McEnroe although not being at all a "brat" with umpires and even other players like him.

As far as losing matches is concerned, I think he has managed to control his negativity much more in the last two years.

Last edited by duong : 10-06-2012 at 05:47 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #119
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
you know that Nieminen is one of the most experienced players on Tour then you can't just treat his words as unreasonable

Besides he was not harsh against Murray in his post, not like Haas at all, he only says "after his miracle healing"
Well, you know...lesson learned. Murray might act like the Dying Swan at times on court if something is bugging him but he doesn't retire. As for drama...I mean, I watched that match and he just seemed in pain to me and was clutching his back when it hurt. I don't remember much more "drama" than that - I don't remember him bursting into tears, or raging at the universe, or behave in any other way than someone behaves when they're in pain. So I wonder what he means by drama, and I can't help wonder if some of that is really about him being frustrated at letting it get away, as a very experienced player he really should know better than to expect any player to retire, no matter how much "drama" he's seeing.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #120
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Murray's aggressive attitude scores him dark side points, and less fans, but why should that be a problem. People coped with Nalbandian for years...
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote