Murray`s negative attitude on court - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #76
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray`s negative attitude on court

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujee View Post
It's hard not to when someone is so ridiculously close minded, that they are to the detriment to their favourite players legacy.
you say idiotic things, it was an off topic comment and Nadal obviously has issues physically no matter how well Rosol played in that match. players do not just skip 6 months of the year and see many many physical doctors for no reason.

as for Murray, yeah it's a bit dissappointing he always has such negativity, it will really hinder him against players like Raonic. look back at the US Open final, he was much much much more positive, he hardly cursed or freaked out at all against Djokovic, and it was because of this calm that he was able to win

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #77
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012...-murray-injury

All the other players know his tactics. Only deluded fans choose not to see it
Haas is a nobody. He's either bitter about his loss a long time ago to Murray or he's an idiot. Probably both.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $33,359,256 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 481-151...
TITLES: 31 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #78
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Some of his smiles said "here I will get you, son"? Really? I mean, I know reading peoples' facial expressions and body language can tell you stuff but it's not foolproof and people can put their own interpretations on such things based on how they already feel about a person - if you don't like someone, a smirk is more likely to be interpreted in a negative light than from someone you do like.

Having said all that, I dare say at times unflattering thoughts cross his mind in the heat of battle - they're all ultra-competitive, Murray probably more than most, and I challenge anyone who has been in some sort of competitive situation that wasn't going well to say they never had a flash of snarky thoughts about the opposition in those moments. But I would suggest that it comes out of the desire to win, not out of disrespect for the opposition.
yes I agree (anyway the example I gave was just one example of some impressions his facial expression gives sometimes, and I don't hate Murray at all -contrary to Nadal for whom your nuances would have been true-, I love his talent), but Murray gives more these impressions, and the fact that he loves boxing may be related with the way he feels on court.

Do you remember that he said he had enjoyed the match against Gasquet tremendously because the crowd against him, etc ... it felt like a football match ? and probably like a boxing match too.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #79
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are pathetic
I'll have you know that I'm not. The only pathetic one there is Haas for insinuating such a thing. He's a bitter old man who lost to Murray once and doesn't like him. He's also an absurd moron for even thinking Murray would fake. He's not Djokovic or Nadal.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #80
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
I don't think it's Murray's attitude that allows him to be defeated. He just plays worse on the day, is injured (very seldom), gifts the match or his opponent is just too good (Roger in both of his first slam finals).
sometimes he really gives the impression he's in a spiral of negativity, and I even thought it was his main problem personally
Old 10-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #81
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
here's what Nieminen said on his blog about his match against Murray, it's very nice and responsible as Jarkko always is but you can't help haveing the impression that his "certainty" that Muray would retire made him let the match go away :
Yes but why blame Murray for that? He did what he needed to do - his back was so stiff he could barely move it, he took an MTO and he played on. It's not his responsibility if another player assumes he will retire and doesn't do what is JOB 1 for a tennis player. Play the damn ball. Eventually his back loosened up and he turned it around and won. He is on record as saying he wakes up with a stiff back nearly every day and often takes painkillers, especially when playing on hardcourts. Some days the back takes longer than others to loosen up. Given how infrequently Murray has retired in his career, he hasn't retired in a match in over 5 years, I don't get why people would assume he would retire.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #82
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Haas is a legend of play.
You made mistake, I helped you.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #83
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Murray is negative on court because he knows he relies on opponents failing to win matches. So whenever an opponent hits winners or consistently good shots, he knows he's toast.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #84
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yes I agree (anyway the example I gave was just one example of some impressions his facial expression gives sometimes, and I don't hate Murray at all -contrary to Nadal for whom your nuances would have been true-, I love his talent), but Murray gives more these impressions, and the fact that he loves boxing may be related with the way he feels on court.

Do you remember that he said he had enjoyed the match against Gasquet tremendously because the crowd against him, etc ... it felt like a football match ? and probably like a boxing match too.
There is a bit of a perverse streak in Andy too, he does like an atmosphere and doesn't much care if it's for him or against him. Him dropshotting Simon again in Monte-Carlo even after he was loudly heckled for doing so after Simon hurt his ankle shows that. But I don't think he sets out to create that sort of scenario, but he doesn't run away from it if it happens.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #85
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Post Re: Murray`s negative attitude on court

Quote:
sometimes he really gives the impression he's in a spiral of negativity, and I even thought it was his main problem personally
He is negative sometimes, but most of the time it's only after bad errors. Like I said, his "negativity" isn't the reason he loses matches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
You made mistake, I helped you.
Wrong. Haas is not a legend. His style of play is rather nice to watch, but he's an idiot, if even only because he called Murray a faker. Murray doesn't fake, ever. Only an idiot would say so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Murray is negative on court because he knows he relies on opponents failing to win matches. So whenever an opponent hits winners or consistently good shots, he knows he's toast.
That's why he has over 370 match wins. Because he was toast in most of them, right?

You talk utter rubbish, nothing has changed.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #86
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
What nonsense. His play is a mixture of winners and trying to induce his opponents to lose. He shifts the balance depending on who he's playing. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #87
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

As for the whole faking thing, well, again it's a matter of how people interpret what they see. His detractors say he either milks existing twinges as a tactic, or outright fakes pains to try and disrupt the opponents (wonder why he didn't do that today if it's a tactic he uses). His supporters sees a guy whose body gets banged up sometimes, on top of congenital problems, and is simply reacting to pain and twinges as they happen and opponents fans now take to using it as excuses as to why the opponent lost focus cos they can't handle him being better than them.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #88
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Quote:
He was just saying it how it is, and it's what most of the players are thinking. Murray's faking is much worse than Nadal.
Most players? Yet most players don't think Nadal fakes, right? If most players are thinking that, then they obviously have no clue that they're talking about, like Haas.

Murray's faking is much worse than Nadal's

Old 10-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #89
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
He was just saying it how it is, and it's what most of the players are thinking. Murray's faking is much worse than Nadal.
Funny how none of the others come out and say so. If they all think it, why don't they all say it?
Old 10-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #90
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
Exactly, Murray relies on his opponents errors. He only won the US open because the other players decided to play shit
Balls. Try watching the ball sometimes, not the ass