Murray`s negative attitude on court - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #31
country flag redshift36188

redshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray`s negative attitude on court

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
he always does it on insane passes he has no right to make anyway. I think the message is "how could I fail to make that pass against a mug like you? I won't miss next time"

"how could a clown like you possibly ace me/blaze a winner past me?" etc

It implies everything that happens on court is down to him. gives opponent no credit and if he is weak enough can subtly affect his confidence.

People do it at every level of tennis, right down to club hackers. I've called people out on court over the exact same thing.
My thoughts exactly. I've said it before that Murray shows disdain towards lower ranked opponents and was surprised to see many posters didn't understood what I was talking about.

I don't know if he does it on purpose to mess with his opponents' head or he just naturally has this attitude, but it's exactly because of this that I could never be his fan.
redshift36188 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #32
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift36188 View Post
My thoughts exactly. I've said it before that Murray shows disdain towards lower ranked opponents and was surprised to see many posters didn't understood what I was talking about.

I don't know if he does it on purpose to mess with his opponents' head or he just naturally has this attitude, but it's exactly because of this that I could never be his fan.
I don't see it as disdain for lower ranked opponents, I see it as his own perfectionism irritating him to the point of outbursts. It's not like he doesn't get annoyed with himself against the likes of Roger, Rafa or Novak.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #33
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
I don't see it as disdain for lower ranked opponents, I see it as his own perfectionism irritating him to the point of outbursts. It's not like he doesn't get annoyed with himself against the likes of Roger, Rafa or Novak.
Actually against them he makes it rarely. Only after really stupid own mistakes or after important points when tension grows. I agree with previous poster, it`s a question of respect.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #34
country flag MurrayMagic1

MurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond repute

who fucking cares about Andy's attitude. He is a class sportsman. I can think of many players that are a lot worse than him. another hate thread for Andy - oh joy.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #35
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
I agree it's something he needs to keep working on - but realistically I doubt it's something he will ever eradicate.
Then he will never reach his true potential. Unless Murray is a McEnroe type, where the tantrums bring out his best, but that is hardly the case here. He's got the game to win multiple slams, but how many has he already lost due to his inferior mentality?

Quote:
He's a moody sort of player who needs to let his frustrations out sometimes, whether it gives his opponent a boost or not.
Eh? If it gives the opponent a boost, as it clearly did today, and clearly does whenever he plays the big boys in the slams, why should he continue to do it? Does he WANT to lose? Federer and Borg both cleaned up their act mentally on court. If Murray wants to be mentioned in the same echelon with those guys, or even close, he has to clean this up.

Quote:
Most of the time, for all the fuss that gets made, I doubt it makes any difference at all. Did it give Raonic a bit of a boost at times today? Maybe, maybe not. Andy will be Andy. Those of us who are fans find it frustrating too but you take the good with the bad.
Perhaps vs. the lower ranked players, it doesn't. But against the best guys I guarantee you it does. Guarantee. And more, now that Raonic has another big win over Murray, on a hard court this time, his mentality vs. the guy in all future matches is different. Now Raonic has a solid win over Murray, and mentally he can use that going forward, especially in the slams. No way he gets beat 4, 4, and 2 if they play at the AO. These events are not big in terms of historical significance, but in terms of getting mental edges here and there going into the AO, these events are very important.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #36
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

I like Andy's attitude, he accepts nothing but the best from himself.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #37
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

It is all mental. You go into a match vs. Murray, you feel you have a shot, you feel you can rattle the guy. Just ask Donald Young.

But vs. the Top 3, you feel the aura, you know you are in for a battle cause those other guys will give you nothing. Fed in his early days gave matches away, but he cleaned that up, Nadal has always been a beast mentally, and Djokovic cleaned himself up mentally and physically and look where he is now.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #38
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Then he will never reach his true potential. Unless Murray is a McEnroe type, where the tantrums bring out his best, but that is hardly the case here. He's got the game to win multiple slams, but how many has he already lost due to his inferior mentality?

Eh? If it gives the opponent a boost, as it clearly did today, and clearly does whenever he plays the big boys in the slams, why should he continue to do it? Does he WANT to lose? Federer and Borg both cleaned up their act mentally on court. If Murray wants to be mentioned in the same echelon with those guys, or even close, he has to clean this up.

Perhaps vs. the lower ranked players, it doesn't. But against the best guys I guarantee you it does. Guarantee. And more, now that Raonic has another big win over Murray, on a hard court this time, his mentality vs. the guy in all future matches is different. Now Raonic has a solid win over Murray, and mentally he can use that going forward, especially in the slams. No way he gets beat 4, 4, and 2 if they play at the AO. These events are not big in terms of historical significance, but in terms of getting mental edges here and there going into the AO, these events are very important.
You're talking like this is an optional extra that he has chosen to add on and can just shrug off. It's a weakness but one he has been working on, but will it ever go entirely? I doubt it. As for reaching his full potential, what will be will be.

Has this hurt him against Raonic in future? Probably. Whether or not Murray was in a strop today, though, that would still be true. And for all the fuss made, Milos still needed to eke out a final set tiebreak to get the win here, it's not like Murray just bowed down before him.

We'll see what happens - I just think people exaggerate how much this sort of thing hurts him. He had stroppy episodes throughout the US Open, including in the SF and F, and everyone said things like this would mean he'd never win a major. Well he did anyway.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #39
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If they meet at the AO Murray would still win comfortably, probably not 4, 4 and 2 but still pretty easily. Tokyo courts are much faster than all the slams which helped Raonic and also I doubt Murray would play that badly in a slam.

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

Old 10-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #40
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Andy doesn't lose because of his attitude. He loses because his opponent is either better, he gifts the match away or plays badly.

I find it hilarious how people praised that idiot Koellerer for being the biggest asshole ever to the crowd, the umpire, the ballboys etc., but they bash Andy when he shouts at himself. All of you are hypocrites

Andy's only angry at himself because he doesn't like making stupid mistakes. He did a lot in the Raonic match, hence the shouting. Get a grip already, MTF

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 6 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 16 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $31,928,448 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 456-142...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #41
country flag Moozza

Quote:
It is all mental. You go into a match vs. Murray, you feel you have a shot, you feel you can rattle the guy. Just ask Donald Young.

But vs. the Top 3, you feel the aura, you know you are in for a battle cause those other guys will give you nothing. Fed in his early days gave matches away, but he cleaned that up, Nadal has always been a beast mentally, and Djokovic cleaned himself up mentally and physically and look where he is now.
Well wy do none of these non-top 3 players ever beat him in slams if it is so easy?

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

Old 10-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #42
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
Actually against them he makes it rarely. Only after really stupid own mistakes or after important points when tension grows. I agree with previous poster, it`s a question of respect.
People see a behaviour and interpret it as they see fit. One person's interpretation is different from another's. It's all a question of perception. I don't believe he is disdainful of his opponents, but frustrated with his own failure to execute his shots. Other people see the same thing and get a different read on it.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #43
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
The grabbing his hip or other bodypart when he loses a point is the most disgusting part
Opposed to Nadal not looking fine, then taking a random timeout (usually when losing) for an injury and then running normally afterwards, looking fine? Yeah, disgusting

Old 10-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #44
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
You like constant swearing, faking injuries when he loses points and looking up at his camp with a disgusted look when his opponent hits a winner past him? Says a lot about you HE NEEDS TO BE BANNED FROM THE TOUR
Awwww...we'd better get that whaambulance to you quickly.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #45
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Classy. He even stayed out for months missing the olympics and US Open just to cover it, he?

Just think for once before you say stuff like this
I wouldn't be surprised if this injury turned out to be just a faked one to cover the loss to Rosol. I seriously wouldn't.