THE Thread - Page 67 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #991
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
Well, I already had all denominations of the Euro before coming here. I didn't know about the different designs in different countries though. I could collect those if I do travel(which would require quite a miracle though, as I hate travelling).
You probably won't have to travel. Just check out those that end up in your wallet. All Euro coins are valid in all Euro countries, and the coins have mixed quite a bit. You could get a lot of different ones where you are, if you're lucky.
vBookie net amount won: 21577 (2014: +14882, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 99, TT doubles rank 118.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2013, 10:26 PM   #992
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
When? I don't think I ever learned about them at school. Picked it up somewhere else. So I have no idea.
So you're interested in math? Is it your favorite subject?

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #993
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
So you're interested in math? Is it your favorite subject?
It is a favourite subject of mine, yes I especially like numbers and how you can treat them.

Take a normal deck of cards, 52 of them. How many different ways of sorting that deck do you think there is? I'm talking about the order they end up in. Factory order, that's one. Exchange places for the first two, that's two. And so on.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #994

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is a favourite subject of mine, yes I especially like numbers and how you can treat them.

Take a normal deck of cards, 52 of them. How many different ways of sorting that deck do you think there is? I'm talking about the order they end up in. Factory order, that's one. Exchange places for the first two, that's two. And so on.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that found by the equation: 52!

I'm so bad with permutations and combinations though

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #995
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You probably won't have to travel. Just check out those that end up in your wallet. All Euro coins are valid in all Euro countries, and the coins have mixed quite a bit. You could get a lot of different ones where you are, if you're lucky.
You're quite right!
I found Spain, Netherlands, Luxembourg and a bunch of other countries that I now dislike because they did not print their name. I hate it when they do that. Makes things tougher for an amateur coin collector.
Will search online to figure out which one is from which country.

Quote:
Don't know if you this, so:
52! is so huge a number that when you shuffle a deck of cards, there is a HUGE probability that that particular order has never occurred anywhere before.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #996
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that found by the equation: 52!

I'm so bad with permutations and combinations though
52! yes, that is correct. What do you call that in the states, btw? With the exclamation mark behind?

The number is quite big, in the vicinity of 10 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #997
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
You're quite right!
I found Spain, Netherlands, Luxembourg and a bunch of other countries that I now dislike because they did not print their name. I hate it when they do that. Makes things tougher for an amateur coin collector.
Will search online to figure out which one is from which country.
Many use national symbols. You'll find it easy enough with a search

Quote:
Don't know if you this, so:
52! is so huge a number that when you shuffle a deck of cards, there is a HUGE probability that that particular order has never occurred anywhere before.
I am quite familiar with huge numbers Having played a bit of cards in my time I also know that if you get the same cards, someone probably cheated
70! is in fact bigger than a googol.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:48 PM   #998

Quote:
52! yes, that is correct. What do you call that in the states, btw? With the exclamation mark behind?

The number is quite big, in the vicinity of 10 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000.
I can't recall what it's called... Maybe I'd recognize the name if I saw it.

Quote:

Old 10-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #999
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Faculty? That's a direct translation of the word we use here.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #1000
country flag DJDVD

DJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond repute

Muahahahaha! I stole your 1000th post in this thread
FITD #5 W: Vienna '12, Indian Wells '13, Bucharest '13
TT Singles: 150 W: Kaohsiung '13, Geneva '13
TT Doubles: 126 W: Savannah '13 (w/bavaria100), Este (FUT) '13, Petange '13, Arad'14 (w/Matthew2408)
DTT Singles: 22
DTT Doubles: 5 W: Monte Carlo '13 , Madrid '13, Shanghai '13 (w/Matthew2408)
DJDVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #1001
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Post 1001

Old 10-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #1002
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You exaggerate there!
It's about 125 times smaller than that. Really.

Quote:
I am quite familiar with huge numbers Having played a bit of cards in my time I also know that if you get the same cards, someone probably cheated
70! is in fact bigger than a googol.
You probably know that Google was a misspelling of Googol.
Googol is quite small. It's so small in fact that there is enough place in the universe to write it. A Googolplex on the other hand...
But, then you probably knew that too.

Quote:
Factorial.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #1003
country flag Pratik

Quote:
Post 1001
Reply 1000 may have been better.

Congrats Freaky
Old 10-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #1004
country flag Dolgopolover

Dolgopolover has a reputation beyond reputeDolgopolover has a reputation beyond reputeDolgopolover has a reputation beyond reputeDolgopolover has a reputation beyond reputeDolgopolover has a reputation beyond reputeDolgopolover has a reputation beyond reputeDolgopolover has a reputation beyond reputeDolgopolover has a reputation beyond reputeDolgopolover has a reputation beyond reputeDolgopolover has a reputation beyond reputeDolgopolover has a reputation beyond repute

Post #1004
Old 10-29-2013, 10:58 PM   #1005
country flag Pratik

Quote:
I'll consider it. Here are THE threads HOF posters so far. I'm top-4:

Freak3yman84 298
motorhead 99
Litotes 58
Mae 51
Orange Wombat 48
Slasher1985 39
Sham Kay 34
Unforced Terror 34