THE Thread - Page 65 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #961
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Great story behind that coin.

I think I've heard that they may diminish the value of the coin, but sometimes if I find a penny that is too dirty to read the year on I'll clean it and find out the year
Thanks.

You're quite safe with that one, pennies where the year doesn't show won't be worth much regardless.
vBookie net amount won: 20280 (2014: +13585, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 90, TT doubles rank 100.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #962
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Thanks.

You're quite safe with that one, pennies where the year doesn't show won't be worth much regardless.
Exactly

I like looking at the years even if they aren't worth anything. It's just cool to know that a coin may have been used by someone in a completely different state a number of years ago.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #963
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Collecting all the different years of a series is a popular activity among collectors You in the US are lucky, you have different mintmarks as well, giving more variation.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #964
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I did learn quite a lot from that thread. Looks like someone updated it today as well!
Yeah, but I won't have the time to contribute. Sorry!
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #965

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Collecting all the different years of a series is a popular activity among collectors You in the US are lucky, you have different mintmarks as well, giving more variation.
There used to be 3 mints, but then they got rid of one in Sacramento IIRC. Now it's just Denver and Philadelphia. Lucky for me, I live in Colorado so I've had the unique experience of visiting the Denver mint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
Yeah, but I won't have the time to contribute. Sorry!
It's fine

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Old 10-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #966

motorhead, do you have a Twitter? If so, would you follow me if I created a Twitter?

Quote:
Old 10-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #967
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I do, but I only use it to follow people. I myself don't tweet anything.
That depends if I consider the content of your tweets worth following.

Feaky how many reds infractions have u received so far?
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #968

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Yes I do, but I only use it to follow people. I myself don't tweet anything.
That depends if I consider the content of your tweets worth following.

Feaky how many reds infractions have u received so far?
Do you follow Hian/Filo/Sap?

If my content was equivalent to my GM analysis here, would you consider following me?

I have 12 red cards IIRC, hbu?

Quote:
Old 10-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #969
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you follow Hian/Filo/Sap?
I didn't know they had a twitter account. Knowing Sap and Hian I'd say there's 99.9% chance that u are trolling me on this one.
Quote:
If my content was equivalent to my GM analysis here, would you consider following me?
I'm sorry I think would pass on that one.
Quote:
I have 12 red cards IIRC, hbu?
man u are closer than me to the perman. I'm at 10.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #970

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I didn't know they had a twitter account. Knowing Sap and Hian I'd say there's 99.9% chance that u are trolling me on this one.

I'm sorry I think would pass on that one.

man u are closer than me to the perman. I'm at 10.
I don't know about Sap, but Hian has one.

What don't you like about my analysis?

And I think it's quite obvious I'm closer to a perma... Remember I was perma'd at the beginning of the year?

Quote:
Old 10-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #971
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
There used to be 3 mints, but then they got rid of one in Sacramento IIRC. Now it's just Denver and Philadelphia. Lucky for me, I live in Colorado so I've had the unique experience of visiting the Denver mint.
There was even a mint in Carson City if you go back long enough. Coins from there are sought after, as they are rarer.

Visiting the mint must have been fun

Old 10-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #972

Quote:
There was even a mint in Carson City if you go back long enough. Coins from there are sought after, as they are rarer.

Visiting the mint must have been fun
I always wondered why Carson City was the capital of Nevada and that mint was probably the reason!

All I really remember is getting 2 unmarked Pennies which I still have

Quote:
Old 10-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #973
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
I always wondered why Carson City was the capital of Nevada and that mint was probably the reason!

All I really remember is getting 2 unmarked Pennies which I still have
Could be, I guess...wouldn't know about that tbh.

Those pennies must be a nice memento

A recent auction set a new price record for one coin, did you know that? A bit over ten million dollars.
http://www.coinnews.net/2013/01/25/1...rd-10-million/

Old 10-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #974

Quote:
Could be, I guess...wouldn't know about that tbh.

Those pennies must be a nice memento

A recent auction set a new price record for one coin, did you know that? A bit over ten million dollars.
http://www.coinnews.net/2013/01/25/1...rd-10-million/
I didn't know that! Sounds completely insane to me, but whatever floats a person's boat!

Quote:
Old 10-29-2013, 06:19 PM   #975
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
I didn't know that! Sounds completely insane to me, but whatever floats a person's boat!
A bit over my budget too

US collectors have the deepest pockets in the world. An equally rare European coin would not fetch nearly as much as that, even if it was in gold.