THE Thread - Page 120 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-11-2014, 01:57 AM   #1786
country flag miura88

miura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
I'm intrigued.

Why were the beavers red and the turtles blue?
I guess they went for the 4 basic colours; with frogs getting green and ducks getting yellow, that left red and blue for either the beavers or the turtles.

Though some poisonous frogs are all kinds of colours, so they could've given blue to the frogs and green to the turtles.

Advertisement

Old 03-11-2014, 02:14 AM   #1787
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miura88 View Post
I guess they went for the 4 basic colours; with frogs getting green and ducks getting yellow, that left red and blue for either the beavers or the turtles.

Though some poisonous frogs are all kinds of colours, so they could've given blue to the frogs and green to the turtles.

This begs the question: why would green be a basic color?

Red, blue, and yellow are primary colors, so that makes sense.

but any problem cannot be found

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus) Tashkent S&D (w/ Mr Brightside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:50 AM   #1788
country flag miura88

miura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond repute

For Computer monitors and TV screens, they use Red, Blue and Green as primary colours.

It's also the colour of plants, trees and nature, so it gets a leg up over Orange and Purple in that department.

I guess it's just a very cheap pigment to manufacture, so that's why it gets used more often.

In the 1500s, Ultramarine Blue became a very expensive pigment because it was often used in paintings featuring JC and the Madonna. Gram-for-gram it was more expensive than Gold at one point, partly because it had to be imported from Asia and the extraction process was very complicated.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:10 AM   #1789

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

How did pigments come about? Is ultramarine blue just an average blue or is it lighter or darker?

Pigments are fascinating.

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus) Tashkent S&D (w/ Mr Brightside)

Quote:
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Old 03-11-2014, 04:23 AM   #1790
country flag miura88

I guess in ancient times they mixed whatever natural sources were close by, like minerals, stones, clay e.t.c.until they got the desired colour (even cave paintings used black and red). Then as the Centuries passed and trading was more commonplace they could get their hands on more minerals to extract the desired pigments + thus get more colours. It's all about the chemistry.

Ultramarine is dark blue now.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:16 PM   #1791

Hmmm, so were the turtles in the story ultramarine blue?

Why must we need pigments in a world already full of color?

Quote:
Old 03-11-2014, 06:25 PM   #1792
country flag @Sweet Cleopatra

@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I need to start studying hard.. so I won't be able to be in the forum as I was before.. The vacation was long and I used to check the forum, but I need to focus on college..

See you guys I like you all a lot Happy moments don't last.. I enjoyed having conversations with you in the forum during this vacation.. But I have to go.. Have no choice..
................♥
..........♥.......... .............................♥ .
...........♥......... ..... ...........♥..♥.....♥....♥
..............♥...... ..... ........♥..........♥.........♥
..♥... ..... .........♥......♥..........♥
..................... ♥.... ...........♥♥........... ♥
..................... ....♥ ........♥♥...♥.....♥
..................... ..... .....♥........... ♥Rafa Fan 4ever
@Sweet Cleopatra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:45 PM   #1793
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

good luck sweet cleo, at least now Nadal is sucking hard you won't have to worry about watching tennis beyond r1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:41 AM   #1794

Quote:
Unfortunately I need to start studying hard.. so I won't be able to be in the forum as I was before.. The vacation was long and I used to check the forum, but I need to focus on college..

See you guys I like you all a lot Happy moments don't last.. I enjoyed having conversations with you in the forum during this vacation.. But I have to go.. Have no choice..
Tell me this isn't true.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2014, 01:43 AM   #1795
country flag Unforced Terror

Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Visit THE Thread when you have 5-10 minutes free time

The only way something can have no consequences is if it has no effect. The only way something can have no effect is if it doesn't exist. It's completely paradoxical, therefore, to claim that something can exist and simultaneously have no effect.

People are not "free" to express an opinion. Instead, if they choose to express anything, they choose to pay the price. The price is the effect on others and the effect on the person. There is no free lunch in this world.
Unforced Terror is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:50 AM   #1796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforced Terror View Post
You want Cleo to fail her exams?

Quote:
Old 03-12-2014, 02:10 AM   #1797
country flag @Sweet Cleopatra

@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforced Terror View Post
i will come but not as before, it is not the visiting that matter, i have to clear my mind and be focused, not getting into discussions
................♥
..........♥.......... .............................♥ .
...........♥......... ..... ...........♥..♥.....♥....♥
..............♥...... ..... ........♥..........♥.........♥
..♥... ..... .........♥......♥..........♥
..................... ♥.... ...........♥♥........... ♥
..................... ....♥ ........♥♥...♥.....♥
..................... ..... .....♥........... ♥Rafa Fan 4ever
@Sweet Cleopatra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:39 AM   #1798

Quote:
i will come but not as before, it is not the visiting that matter, i have to clear my mind and be focused, not getting into discussions
I understand. Have fun Cleo!

Quote:
Old 03-12-2014, 03:48 AM   #1799
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:55 AM   #1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
How's it been leng?

Quote: