Tenth anniversary of NATO bombing of Serbia and Montenegro - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #1
country flag Bascule

Bascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tenth anniversary of NATO bombing of Serbia and Montenegro

On march the 24th, 10 years ago, NATO started with bombing of ex SR Yugoslavia (today Serbia with Kosovo and Montenegro) which lasted for 78 days. "Merciful angel" (as NATO called the operation) killed more than 2500 civilians ("collateral damage" as NATO called those victims) were killed and 89 children among them and more than 1000 soldiers and police officers. Over than 12500 people were injured. Serbian infrastructure and economy were destroyed.

At midday, air raid sirens sounded throughout the country in a mark of remembrance for the victims.

You can still see some destroyed buildings at the center of Belgrade:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=nato...belgrade&s=int

Last edited by Bascule : 03-24-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Bascule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2009, 03:49 PM   #2
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tenth anniversary of NATO air strikes on Serbia and Montenegro

That was sad but an exponentially bigger amount of innocent people were killed in the war of Serbia against everyone else. Dresden bombing was awful and unnecessary but at least the Germans learnt their lesson. Have Serbia?
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:59 PM   #3
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Jokevic is doing the Serbian bombing these days.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:17 PM   #4
country flag Tzar

Tzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond repute

Nato

TennisTipping - 2011 COMEBACK.
Doubles: 15.
W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Tzar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
country flag Bascule

Bascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
That was sad but an exponentially bigger amount of innocent people were killed in the war of Serbia against everyone else. Dresden bombing was awful and unnecessary but at least the Germans learnt their lesson. Have Serbia?
I can't believe you can be so mean and not objective at all....as well not informed, or bad informed. You compare the serbs with the nazis?
EVERY war, attack or bombing is BAD. I can think about american government what ever I want, but should I be happy seeing tweens in NY collapsing down murdering 3000 people just because they bombed us two years before?
Anyway, I made the same thread about 9/11 last september. I just thought then and now that we shouldn't forget the victims, as we should be against any attack, bombing or war. AND IT WAS A CRIME AS WELL IN NY AS IN SERBIA. War in ex Yu was a civil war, but this was an illegal, criminal act of agression against certain country and their people. So, you justify the bombing of China Embassy in Belgrade as well? Do you justify all the bombing USA have done til now? As on the middle east as well on Belgrade in 1944 because germans took Belgrade then, but they killed the innocent people again who were their allies. Why didn't they bomb Paris after Germans took Paris?
Again, Belgrade was demolished on april the 6th in 1941 by german airplanes, several times in 1944 by americabn airplanes and in 1999 again by majority of the Nato countries.
You are a JERK, sir, your kind of thinking is dangerous.
And, Serbia wasn't in war with everyone else. Serbs in Bosnia as well in Croatia lived them for centuries as well as croats and others, they were against the tearing apart of Yugoslavia, cause the frontiers were not justified. They were the constitutional people at those republics, not the national minority as albanians were in Serbia. And the serbs were THE bigest victims of the ethnical cleansing in those wars. The bigest part of all the refuges were the serbs.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
country flag Bascule

As I remember you didn't make the jokes on the thread I started about 9/11.

Last edited by Bascule : 04-25-2009 at 03:52 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:33 PM   #7
country flag Tzar

Tzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond repute

STFU it's not the same thing.

Serbia was attacked by the NATO.

Usa was attacked by Al Qaeda.

W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Old 03-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #8
country flag Bascule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
STFU it's not the same thing.

Serbia was attacked by the NATO.

Usa was attacked by Al Qaeda.
NATO is more powerful teroristic organisation than Al Qaeda. So, we had harder time.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #9
country flag Tzar

@ a serbian calling NATO a terroristic organization.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:40 PM   #10
country flag Bascule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
@ a serbian calling NATO a terroristic organization.
It's not the fact that I am a serbian, but I know a lot of amercans who think the same too.
The great majority of the people around the world think the same, as a matter of fact.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #11
country flag Tzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascule View Post
It's not the fact that I am a serbian, but I know a lot of amercans who think the same too.
The great majority of the people around the world think the same, as a matter of fact.
Well, being from eastern europe i understand.

Only because Russia is not a member of the NATO, you guys see it like a threat.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #12
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascule View Post
NATO is more powerful teroristic organisation than Al Qaeda.
NATO may be more powerful than Al Quaeda, but if you really think that a great majority of people around the world think of it as a terrorist organization then you must be nuts.

If you state that it is a matter of fact, rather than just your opinion, then what is your factual evidence?
Old 03-24-2009, 05:27 PM   #13
country flag EKSTREMISTA

EKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond repute

Global Research, March 24, 2009
- 2009-03-19

24th March 2009 Belgrade Serbia

More than 80 % of NATO’s bombardments were directed at civilian targets, residential areas, work places, clinics and schools. More then 50,000 rounds with depleted uranium are creating long-term contamination of the environment, with the bombing of chemical production facilities, both the population and the environment were contaminated, cluster bombs and mines are continuing to kill even today .
NATO violated its own founding charter, the Helsinki Final Act of the OSCE and the Charter of the United Nations in launching this war of aggression. The sovereignty and territorial integrity guaranteed by the UN Charter was ignored and blatantly bombed away in the case of one of the United Nations’ founding member states, one of the victorious powers in World War II.
In spite of all the pretexts used to justify the war, on the occasion of its 50 th anniversary, NATO used this war to proclaim its intention to carry out global militarily interventions. Ten years ago, war opponents warned that the aggression against Yugoslavia served as a precedent for obliterating international law. In the meantime, this warning has been confirmed through the aggressions against Iraq and Afghanistan and the global “war on terror”.
The plans for a “greater Middle East,” the interference in Sudan, in Tibet and in the Caucasus, campaigns against Zimbabwe, Venezuela; Cuba, Somalia, Lebanon and particularly war threats directed at Iran, show that the imperialists seeking a “new world order” will implement their global economic and strategic interests with military means, thereby scorning the UN Charter with its renunciation of violence. The NATO aggression in 1999 consummated the preceding years of war by ***** to destroy Yugoslavia. Regime Change” was prepared to break the resistance to the dictates of the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund and the Pentagon and to place the marionettes of the western powers into office.
The dismemberment of Serbia, in violation of international law, was set in motion to deprive the resistance of its foundation for a long time to come.
With the establishment of an ad hoc tribunal in The Hague in violation of the UN Charter the aggressors sit in judgment over the aggressed. An unprecedented brain-washing through mass media, is intended to permanently implant NATO’s interpretation and its falsification of history in the popular mindset.
We are demonstrating March 24, 2009 in Belgrade, alongside the patriotic forces of the country, against this scandal. We will not allow the aggressors to write the history! The heads of state responsible for the aggression must be brought to trial as war criminals! The illegal ad hoc tribunal in The Hague must be dismantled and all of its political prisoners freed and compensated! We are demanding an independent investigation into the circumstances leading to the death of Slobodan Milosevic and all other mysterious cases of death in The Hague Tribunal’s prison!
The secession of Kosovo from Serbia is from the very outset null and void!
NATO out of the Balkans! Through our participation in the demonstration in Belgrade, we want to illustrate our solidarity with the people of Serbia, who, since 1991, have been and continue to be victims of a war waged by the West.
EKSTREMISTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:09 PM   #14
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

NATO its shame NATO stepped in when the Bosnians were about that take Banja-Luka in 1995.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:13 PM   #15
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

I checked "Global Research"
Now that is a fair and balanced info source!!!!!!!!

People from the Balkans are, to my knowledge, the only ethnic group to bring hooliganism to tennis tournaments. And just as security had to step in to stop the violence and property destruction spreading, so NATO had to step in to stop the Balkan hooliganism spreading across Europe.

Last edited by buddyholly : 03-24-2009 at 06:20 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote