Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points" - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #91
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
25/26 is just the age when male tennis players reach their peak. (Not Nadal obviously because of injury.)
Historically the peak tend to be a little before that. Look at this chart. After 1974, the three-year rolling average (red line) has only been above 26 for four years, between 1998 and 2002. Most of the time it has been below 25.
Attached Images
File Type: gif winner_age.gif (129.3 KB, 28 views)
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #92
country flag johnny tsunami

johnny tsunami has a reputation beyond reputejohnny tsunami has a reputation beyond reputejohnny tsunami has a reputation beyond reputejohnny tsunami has a reputation beyond reputejohnny tsunami has a reputation beyond reputejohnny tsunami has a reputation beyond reputejohnny tsunami has a reputation beyond reputejohnny tsunami has a reputation beyond reputejohnny tsunami has a reputation beyond reputejohnny tsunami has a reputation beyond reputejohnny tsunami has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

i don't give this any merit, toni is always saying stupid shit
johnny tsunami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #93
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
25/26 is just the age when male tennis players reach their peak. (Not Nadal obviously because of injury.)
Depending on the age when they appeared on the Big Scene.
Rafa was already close to being a top player at barely aged 18 - the age at which he won his first RG GS title. You just cannot expect him to go on like he did as a player who didn't emerge at the top at before hitting 23...
Rafa, despite his relatively young age, is already a veteran. It's not the age, it's the mileage that counts most of all - in 95% of cases.
I just hope he'll be able to keep it up at the top echelons of the game for the next couple of years.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #94
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Uncle Dull and his nephew knows cheating is the only way Dull could beat the GOAT. Anyone with a brain cell can see Federer is the better, more talented player. But since Dull has no shame, pride, or morals it was no problem for him to bend the rules and to fuck over someone who he claims is his friend. Of course it was all a show to support his 'humble' public image.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards

Quickly dumbtards, hand out bad reps so you can bad rep me again. It's been almost 24 hours!
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #95
country flag Fed=ATPTourkilla

Fed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
I never said Olderer was a bad player, btw.
That is a very generous of you, Topspindoctor. You never said that a 17 time Slam champion is a bad player. Perhaps next time you might go so far as to admit that he is a good player?
Fed=ATPTourkilla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #96
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed=ATPTourkilla View Post
That is a very generous of you, Topspindoctor. You never said that a 17 time Slam champion is a bad player. Perhaps next time you might go so far as to admit that he is a good player?
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards

Quickly dumbtards, hand out bad reps so you can bad rep me again. It's been almost 24 hours!
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:26 AM   #97
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Uncle Dull and his nephew knows cheating is the only way Dull could beat the GOAT. Anyone with a brain cell can see Federer is the better, more talented player. But since Dull has no shame, pride, or morals it was no problem for him to bend the rules and to fuck over someone who he claims is his friend. Of course it was all a show to support his 'humble' public image.

lol u mad bro?

Of course you are, the "talented GOAT" gets put into a birdcage almost every time he plays Nadal. Great to see Noserertards slinging insults towards Nadal and his family in this thread , but get their panties in a bunch when the tables are turned. Every Fedtard is exactly like their idol: an adult trapped in a body of an 8 year old girl looking for attention.
Topspindoctor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:21 AM   #98
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed=ATPTourkilla View Post

Well, I think it's safe to say that there are worse players in the world than Federer
Old 10-05-2012, 02:22 AM   #99
country flag Ibracadabra

Ibracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond repute

Who does nadal speed up against?

David Nalbandian
Ibracadabra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:29 AM   #100
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibracadabra View Post
Rosol. Speeds up to bump him.
paseo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:32 AM   #101
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

nadal speeds up when murray texts him

it's that primal attraction
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:03 AM   #102
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paseo View Post

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #103
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

nadal not only a cheater but also a bully.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:51 AM   #104
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibracadabra View Post
Quote:

!!!!!

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #105
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Toni Nadal: Federer is better than Rafa, but the ATP favours the Swiss.

Quote:
French Open champion and King of Clay Rafael Nadal recently described the ATP calender as 'negative' as it gives a preference to the hard courts over clay and other surfaces. Now uncle Toni has also come out in support of his nephew by saying that the ATP favours hard courts and other faster surfaces which favour Roger Federer.

Toni Nadal invited by sponsors to talk tennis to children in Sao Paulo, Brazil was very vocal when asked a few questions. To his surprise a lot of questions asked were about Roger Federer and not his nephew, most believe that Federer is the greatest player of all time, to this Nadal responded by saying:

"This sentence does not bother me. It’s the truth. Federer is better than Nadal and the titles say this. It's also true that we play on a circuit that is in his favor, made of tournaments that are held on super fast courts. But the debate on who is the best in the history of the sport should not be done with Rafa but with Rod Laver, who was unable to play for several years and we all know he could have won more titles. Regarding the matches, Rafa is winning the matches played against Federer but for me it does not matter that much, for example, Davydenko has a favorable record but we all agree that Rafa is better than the Russian."

As the question changed to the off court relationship between the two legends, the coach was once again open about it,

"I would say that they have a very respectful relationship more than friendship. Federer is 31 years old; he is married and has two daughters. Rafael is 26 years old and although he respects and admires Roger he prefers to have friendships with people like Mónaco, Ferrer and Feliciano Lopez. Tennis for both of them is very important but if we see it from our point of view, I would certainly have preferred that Federer was not there, this would allow Rafael to win more titles and to remain number one for the longest time. But the same goes for Roger, at Roland Garros he could have won three more."
http://www.tennisearth.com/news/tenn...rer-691158.htm

Yes, Toni, most ATP tournaments are played on super fast courts

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote