Dolgopolov: illness and clownship - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #16
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dolgopolov: illness and clownship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
What I just don't understand - given his health problems - that he schedules rather poorly.
it seems to me that he has changed his schedule this year, also trying to take more time after travelling.

Besides, it seems he's a person who is eager for money, his schedule and Davis cup adventures let me think that. Nothing bad about that but then, you can't judge his choices only in terms of results as usually MTF people do.
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #17
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helevorn View Post
A blood disorder now that makes sense. I read another thread on here that said he had Gilbert's Syndrome which is nothing serious at all. And Gilbert's Syndrome is not a blood disorder at all! He might have both, but it would be the blood disorder that would be causing problems. BTW I love the thread title
Old 10-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #18
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
A blood disorder now that makes sense. I read another thread on here that said he had Gilbert's Syndrome which is nothing serious at all. And Gilbert's Syndrome is not a blood disorder at all! He might have both, but it would be the blood disorder that would be causing problems. BTW I love the thread title
it's associated with high bilirubin concentration in the blood hence the mention "blood disorder", it's not two separate things, it's the same : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilbert%27s_syndrome
Old 10-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #19
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
it seems to me that he has changed his schedule this year, also trying to take more time after travelling.
You are probably right, I don't recall the details from 2011, but he is still among those playing most tourneys.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #20
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
I don't think there is a possibility for someone watching (be it live or on TV) to seriously differ between health problems and just bad play. His game is very risky, in general, so the line between triumph and desaster is always a very thin one.

What I just don't understand - given his health problems - that he schedules rather poorly. He has to pick his tournaments with more care and not entering as much as possible.
I think the same, actually don`t see any difference, but then - I`m not a fan and don`t watch all his matches. Maybe someone follows, always better ask.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #21
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
I think the same, actually don`t see any difference, but then - I`m not a fan and don`t watch all his matches. Maybe someone follows, always better ask.
yes it's an interesting question, you see Bodo's article : seems to explain all Dolgo's game by that, which is obviously wrong.

I would also have been glad to have an answer
Old 10-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #22
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

the illness is unfortunate but what's always bothered me with Dolgopolov is the serve.

Who taught him to serve? self-learned? It's not a solid serve. Not enough consistency when you sometimes play entire sets with like 30%-40% FS. Sometimes burn like every first serve in a game/entire tiebreak.

It's just unnecessary. Too much risk in that low toss and quick motion. He should take a year or two and change it even if it costs him in the short run. It'd be worth it for the rest of his career.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #23
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, Dolgo's confirmed physical disadvantage bothers him like it would bother anyone.
Still, that doesn't explain (or makes an excuse) for stupid tactics and general clownery like he shows so often on court.

It would do him a great benefit if he'd at least learn to get himself a decent, consistent serve most of all. I hope he will.
Jack Reader, now there's some work for you to do!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:08 AM   #24
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

the title sums dolgopolov up quite well

he loses because he is a clown

this clownery () comes from inept tactical decision making, and shaky mentality, when on court
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:54 AM   #25
country flag Gris

Gris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond repute

The thread's name is quite like an autobiography's title...
Old 05-28-2014, 12:25 PM   #26
country flag Dead Net Cord

Dead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond repute

Clownship prevails

with cheap media love and fawners praising who didn't win slams

it must have been good to be a Swiss?

but chokers are always present in slam draws, wearing orange shoes and gold handbags
---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Now these are the nights I am going to remember
Dead Net Cord is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:23 PM   #27
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
this would make a great autobiography title!
FITD: #12 (Best: #9) | Runner-up: Cincinnati 2013
PAW: #11 (Best: #11) | Titles: Indian Wells 2013
Suicide Tennis: #3 (Best: #1) | Titles: Cincinnati 2013
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #10 (Best: #10) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #67 (Best: #67) Titles: ATP Nice 2014 (w/gak3) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Rafael Nadal: The King of Clay. The Warrior. The Mental Giant.
Richard Gasquet: The most beautiful and talented backhand of the tour (after De Schepper).

De Schepper - Thiem - Giraldo - Cilic - Youzhny - Nishikori - Gulbis - Haas - Berlocq - Jaziri - Berankis - Fucsovics - McGee
VamosRafaNadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:58 PM   #28
country flag swebright

swebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond repute

From what I understand, Gilbert's syndrome doesn't make you feel ill. May be he needs more of gluten free diet and altitude sickness.
swebright is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote