Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-04-2012, 03:27 AM   #121
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans

Terrible year, one of his worst years ever. Sunk to a new low when he lost to Mandy. He should retire for his fans and come back next week
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 03:27 AM   #122
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic losing to Murray is no disgrace, nor will it ever be (unless he loses to him on clay maybe)
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:32 AM   #123
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Terrible year IMO. Sunk to a new low when he lost to Mandy
That's a harsh statement. No2e still made 3 gs finals this year, winning 1. Plus he has good chance to end the year as #1 (unless Noserer vultures his way to another undeserved record )

Although I do agree that losing in a slam final to Mandy will be forever remembered as a huge fiasco of his career. How the fuck do you lose to a weaponless pusher who has the mental strength of an ice cream cone left unattended in the sun? 0-4 in slam finals before and he gifts him a slam

I hope Djoker thinks long and hard during the off season while hibernating inside his magic egg and comes back stronger. We don't need Mandy winning another slam or his fangirls like Corey Failman might get a perma ban from the excitement.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:34 AM   #124
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Nole is the anti-vulture. He'd have #1 sewn up by now if he scheduled like most other players, and I mean easily. Let's look at how many points top 10 players have got from 250/500s this year.

Federer - 1240
Nadal - 785
Murray - 390
Ferrer - 1845
Berdych - 890
Delpo - 980
Tsonga - 735
Tipsy - 1195
Monaco - 1700

Novak - 180

His 1k point lead over Federer in the year rankings would be far bigger if he filled in the authorized MM tournament quota. Beijing this week is only his second 500 tournament of the year

Last edited by Mark Lenders : 10-04-2012 at 03:49 AM.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:37 AM   #125
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
All valid excuses. Tennis is probably the sport most affected by weather. If you can't have good conditions then it ruins the whole match.
Only if you let it, and you as a player are unable to adjust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Unless he doesn't.
Fed is not that much of a vulture, and Nole won't fall off the map again like last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
What it did was basically make the two first sets a lottery as none of them could play in those conditions.

And since when is Nole the fittest guy on tour? He's very fit, but no way is he the fittest.
Huh? They both played in those conditions, and Murray adjusted better
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:45 AM   #126
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
That's a harsh statement. No2e still made 3 gs finals this year, winning 1. Plus he has good chance to end the year as #1 (unless Noserer vultures his way to another undeserved record )

Although I do agree that losing in a slam final to Mandy will be forever remembered as a huge fiasco of his career. How the fuck do you lose to a weaponless pusher who has the mental strength of an ice cream cone left unattended in the sun? 0-4 in slam finals before and he gifts him a slam

I hope Djoker thinks long and hard during the off season while hibernating inside his magic egg and comes back stronger. We don't need Mandy winning another slam or his fangirls like Corey Failman might get a perma ban from the excitement.
When you lose to Mandy in a GS final, unfortunately it supersedes everything else that he's achieved this year. Think of it this way. It's like you win the lottery, 10 times, and then a few months later, you get involved in a car crash which sadly results in being permanently disfigured. It scars you for life, no matter whatever "great things" you've achieved before that. I mean no offence by the way to anyone, but I'm getting across an analogy, albeit a harsh one.

Yeah, he better get his head straight next year. We don't want that to happen to Corey, he's a wonderful person
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:58 AM   #127
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-r-i-c
Every negative is in his part. Rain in RG, wind in USO, indoors in Wimbly. These are all negative to him.
The rain is the reason why Djokovic actually WON a set in the final of RG this year. When it was dry and sunny he was clearly losing the battle.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:06 AM   #128
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
All valid excuses. Tennis is probably the sport most affected by weather. If you can't have good conditions then it ruins the whole match.
You are more defensive of Nole than mother.

All valid excuses, really? Too balmy, really? really?

Yeah... because for the other stuff, the weather only affects Nole. Nole is cursed, there is a mini meteorological system that always seem to form just on his side of the net and magically follows him when he changes side. His opponent is not affected by the same weather conditions...

AND...

I don't want to dig up, but you do strike me as the type of tennis fan that complained about closing the roof last Wimbledon...
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:36 AM   #129
country flag Higher Power

Higher Power has a reputation beyond reputeHigher Power has a reputation beyond reputeHigher Power has a reputation beyond reputeHigher Power has a reputation beyond reputeHigher Power has a reputation beyond reputeHigher Power has a reputation beyond reputeHigher Power has a reputation beyond reputeHigher Power has a reputation beyond reputeHigher Power has a reputation beyond reputeHigher Power has a reputation beyond reputeHigher Power has a reputation beyond repute

Had he won in NY this would've been a very good season considering he would've won 2 GS titles and wasted 50% less energy than last year. Since he lost this season is a complete failure.
Higher Power is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #130
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute

It's been very good. A step down from 2011 but he's been by far the most consistent player this year.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #131
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nole is the anti-vulture. He'd have #1 sewn up by now if he scheduled like most other players, and I mean easily. Let's look at how many points top 10 players have got from 250/500s this year.

Federer - 1240
Nadal - 785
Murray - 390
Ferrer - 1845
Berdych - 890
Delpo - 980
Tsonga - 735
Tipsy - 1195
Monaco - 1700

Novak - 180

His 1k point lead over Federer in the year rankings would be far bigger if he filled in the authorized MM tournament quota. Beijing this week is only his second 500 tournament of the year
Djokovic's history in 250/500s since his breakthrough major (22 total):
2008 = 4
2009 = 8
2010 = 6
2011 = 3
2012 = 1 (completed)

Compared with Roger Federer's history in 250/500s in the same time frame (18 total):
2008 = 4
2009 = 2
2010 = 5
2011 = 3
2012 = 4 (completed)

There doesn't seem to be a discrepancy in how many Roger plays however Novak has wisely cut down the number of tournaments he's played in. Can't really claim that Novak would be leading more in points if he played in smaller tournaments because, as evidenced last year, he burnt out too early. Theoretically, yes the points gap should be bigger at this moment, but Novak would likely have fatigued himself out in doing so thereby not being able to compete in upcoming tournaments - where Roger and Andy will gain ground.
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #132
country flag IOFH

IOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Terrible year, one of his worst years ever. Sunk to a new low when he lost to Mandy. He should retire for his fans and come back next week

Quote:

Federer - 1240
Nadal - 785
Murray - 390
Ferrer - 1845
Berdych - 890
Delpo - 980
Tsonga - 735
Tipsy - 1195
Monaco - 1700

Novak - 180

No2e has 1180 "vulture" points considering he despicably played Toronto. Dubai points should also be dropped when comparing the 2 bc both played there.

Your move.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #133

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOFH View Post

No2e has 1180 "vulture" points considering he despicably played Toronto. Dubai points should also be dropped when comparing the 2 bc both played there.

Your move.
What? Nole despicably played a mandatory Masters 1000 tournament?What an evil vulture, clearly doing his best to abuse the ranking system

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewietennis View Post
There doesn't seem to be a discrepancy in how many Roger plays however Novak has wisely cut down the number of tournaments he's played in. Can't really claim that Novak would be leading more in points if he played in smaller tournaments because, as evidenced last year, he burnt out too early. Theoretically, yes the points gap should be bigger at this moment, but Novak would likely have fatigued himself out in doing so thereby not being able to compete in upcoming tournaments - where Roger and Andy will gain ground.
Novak could have easily entered, say, two 500s with weak fields, thus getting 1000 extra ranking points and not much fatigue - doubt he'd have found it very hard to win, say, Acapulco or Hamburg among other 500s with similar fields.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #134
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
USO, he was extremely unlucky; he was the best player all tournament long and thoroughly outclassed Murray in the final when the wind died down.
I agree he can be mostly disappointed about the US Open result but to say he was unlucky and played great in the US Open ... he had a great great draw, Del Po in quarters was not good at all and Ferrer was not on good-form in this US Open (yes I know you're totally unable to see any form-difference in Ferrer's ).

If anything, I think the slam where he played really great before the semi was Wimbledon imo.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I agree he can be mostly disappointed about the US Open result but to say he was unlucky and played great in the US Open ... he had a great great draw, Del Po in quarters was not good at all and Ferrer was not on good-form in this US Open (yes I know you're totally unable to see any form-difference in Ferrer's ).

If anything, I think the slam where he played really great before the semi was Wimbledon imo.
Delpo played a good match in quarters, his only problem was that he couldn't hit his BH properly because of his wrist (hence 0 BH winners), his serve and forehand were great that day and would have been enough to beat most players. Novak's returning was great in that match, and so was his defense - especially late in the second set when Delpo threw the kitchen sink at him and he kept getting a racket on his blistering forehands and getting them back with great depth. It was one of the best defensive/transition from defense to offense in recent memory.

His semi against Ferrer was, well, routine after the first set. But he played well all tournament long, I think.