Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #166
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
This year sure hasn't been as terrible as 2011. He didn't get 40 opponents who played awful in a row
You keep outdoing yourself and that is something
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #167
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Losing two slam finals SUCK.

Still looks like an awesome year when compared to 2010.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #168
country flag romismak

romismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond repute

Little bit bellow my expectations, i was aware that 2011 won´t be accomplished again, slam wise 3 slams - i was hoping for taking down Rafa at RG and winning both HC slams, but more realistically i thought he will win both HC slams, he failed. But his resulst at slams and Masters were great. Slams-W,F,SF,F - that´s really good, his slam losses were vs Rafa at RG-after break, no shame to loose there
SF Wimby- Serverer indoor grass - he wasn´t favorit in that match for sure
USO F - extreme conditions, that match was 50/50 who will survive out there, Andy did

Masters 1000-IW-SF - Isner on fire hitting something to close all 1st serves in tie-breaks
MC - F - Rafa and mentally he was down, because of his grandpa + Rafa in MC is beast
Rome - F- again Rafa on clay
Madrid- QF vs Tipsy looked like he didn´t even trying, but considering the fact he was complaining all the time about surface this result isn´t telling much
Cinci- F vs Roger, played to many matches, vs Roger on quickest HC big event on the tour

His losses this year are no shame and he could have won few of them- he was lucky in 2011 so this is good, but little bit bellow average, at least both HC slams or 1 more Masters 1000 title would be good, but we will see how Shanghai, Paris and most importantly WTF goes.
romismak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #169
country flag Singularity

Singularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Hmm no, I'm not claiming he vultured those points. Would only have been the case if they had come from tournaments with weak fields, which wasn't the case. What I am claiming, and it is not particularly debatable, is that Federer entered and got a lot more points from 250/500 tournaments than Novak. In Slams, Masters and Olympics, Djokovic has collected 9730 points this year, Federer 7655. Djokovic has clearly been the best player in the world in the biggest events, only his reluctance to enter 250/500 events is making the race close; he only entered one so far this year and collected 180 points from it while his closest competitor Federer got 1240. Claiming that Djokovic is the very opposite of a vulture doesn't imply that Federer or any other player is; Federer's 500/250 has been normal, along the lines of what you expect from a top player, it's Djokovic's that has been exceptionally short.

Ah why do you insist with Toronto? Masters 1000 events cannot be vultured, especially considering the ranking system in place where you get a 0 pointer if you don't play one of the 4 Slams and 8 mandatory Masters. If the other top players were tired/lost early, more credit for Novak who played the exacty same schedule as them, took a bigger mental hit than them (doesn't get any worse than 4th place at Olympics) and yet managed to play great tennis that week.
I'd just like to add that for the purpose of determining relative achievements, there's no reason to ignore abstentions from mandatory tournaments. Djokovic could have played more 250/500s and got more points, and Federer could have played Monte Carlo and Toronto, and got more points.

Djokovic is the 'anti-vulture', and Federer is the 'anti-TMS' player.
Singularity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #170
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Hmm no, I'm not claiming he vultured those points. Would only have been the case if they had come from tournaments with weak fields, which wasn't the case. What I am claiming, and it is not particularly debatable, is that Federer entered and got a lot more points from 250/500 tournaments than Novak. In Slams, Masters and Olympics, Djokovic has collected 9730 points this year, Federer 7655. Djokovic has clearly been the best player in the world in the biggest events, only his reluctance to enter 250/500 events is making the race close; he only entered one so far this year and collected 180 points from it while his closest competitor Federer got 1240. Claiming that Djokovic is the very opposite of a vulture doesn't imply that Federer or any other player is; Federer's 500/250 has been normal, along the lines of what you expect from a top player, it's Djokovic's that has been exceptionally short.

Ah why do you insist with Toronto? Masters 1000 events cannot be vultured, especially considering the ranking system in place where you get a 0 pointer if you don't play one of the 4 Slams and 8 mandatory Masters. If the other top players were tired/lost early, more credit for Novak who played the exacty same schedule as them, took a bigger mental hit than them (doesn't get any worse than 4th place at Olympics) and yet managed to play great tennis that week.
Federer = 1 slam win + 3 Masters
Nole = 1 Slams win + 2 Masters

Winning is all that Matters, hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #171
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Why do people keep on arguing with Mark Lenders and his vulturing theory ?

sometimes he's sensible but THIS is clearly trolling.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #172
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Why do people keep on arguing with Mark Lenders and his vulturing theory ?

sometimes he's sensible but THIS is clearly trolling.
His vulturing theory is true

this is a battle between those who belive in Manditory Vulturing (Mantuerites) and those who don't (Vuluturites)

Quote:
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
Old 10-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #173
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
Federer = 1 slam win + 3 Masters
Nole = 1 Slams win + 2 Masters

Winning is all that Matters, hope this helps
Mugray 1 slam and 0 masters? Hope this helps?

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #174
country flag TigerTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
Mugray 1 slam and 0 masters? Hope this helps?
USO is the most important and prestigious event

by December it will be 1 slam, 2 masters, 1YEC

Quote:

Old 10-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #175
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
USO is the most important and prestigious event

by December it will be 1 slam, 2 masters, 1YEC
lol not really.

BigJohn
Old 10-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #176
country flag TigerTim

Quote:
lol not really.
biggest stadium = biggest event

last slam = best slam

biggest burgers = best slam

Quote:

Old 10-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #177
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lol not really.

He's just trolling

My friend TimmyTiger knows that Djoker is the best player of the year.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #178
country flag EliSter

Quote:
biggest stadium = biggest event

last slam = best slam

biggest burgers = best slam

Incorect biggest one was made in Serbia Thats why Nole open > USO

BigJohn
Old 10-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #179
country flag EliSter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
He's just trolling

My friend TimmyTiger knows that Djoker is the best player of the year.
Lol i know

BigJohn
Old 10-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #180
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Incorect biggest one was made in Serbia Thats why Nole open > USO
EliSter 1 TigerTim 0
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote