Real disappointment.. is tennis heading nowhere??? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 09-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
country flag xelena
Registered User
 
xelena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 34
Posts: 723
xelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Real disappointment.. is tennis heading nowhere???

Today I had the privilege to see an article of such rubbish proportions , I can not believe that things have gone so low.. It is about an article written in a dutch paper Trouw , if I understood corectly it's something like a taboid.. and this "journalist" wrote about N. Djokovic how he's a nationalist and his cheering during his wins is full of agressive nationalist pumping.. his face is sceletal and he looks like a vulture...(or smthg) .. another even Psychiatrist made a comment that his success is built on that eagerness to winwin,fight put in contest of the 90ties turbulent times of serbia and the balkans in general...??? Some paralels are written in the article that evoke how his homecountry is guilty of this or that... (which in turnt, I guess, for every Dutch player ,French,American,German etc. we can put the whole colonialist history, slavery, wars, on their shoulders and eat ***t about it?)
Ok. it is clear that this journalist Nicole, she hasnt seen a single tennis match with Novak in her life, nor has she followed tennis (and therefore be informed who wins cheers in which way).. and this paper is a trash magazine, but , obviously , this was ordered from someone, somewhere... for one purpose to reach to this tennis player and hurt as much as possible..
This article is not from yesterday and this journalists' twitter account has already been spammed with comments (only in dutch)

...."Hij heeft zich met een onwaarschijnlijke forehand uit verloren positie de finale ingeslagen, waarna hij zijn vierde Grand Slamtitel in de wacht heeft gesleept. Hij heeft met een brede lach, getooid met een cap van de New Yorkse brandweer, de trofee in ontvangst genomen. Hij heeft tientallen journalisten te woord gestaan en hij heeft feest gevierd. Maar als Novak Djokovic enkele dagen na zijn overwinning in de US Open in Belgrado aankomt, is hij vooral erg moe.

Dat hij bij de Daviscup tegen Argentinië als toeschouwer zal fungeren, lijkt een uitgemaakte zaak. Totdat Servië na de eerste dag op een schier hopeloze achterstand komt te staan. De euforische stemming onder zijn fans verandert op slag. Op internet ontspint zich een felle discussie."

http://www.trouw.nl/tr/nl/5009/Archi...vic-stil.dhtml
xelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
country flag Time Violation
Slacker
 
Time Violation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mount Sharp
Age: 35
Posts: 11,991
Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Real disappointment.. is tennis heading nowhere???

Who cares what some tabloid writes, they have to sell somehow. The vulturing seems to be catching on though
__________________
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
country flag duong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,346
duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Real disappointment.. is tennis heading nowhere???

can you please make a more proper less misleading title ? (to change : edit --> go advanced) I expected a thread about the future of tennis as a whole, not about the only Djokovic and this.

Both Fed and Nadal have had their trash articles in various press articles in various countries from people who just hate them.
__________________
useless old guy
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
country flag TigerTim
Registered User
 
TigerTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 11,376
TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Real disappointment.. is tennis heading nowhere???

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelena View Post
Today I had the privilege to see an article of such rubbish proportions , I can not believe that things have gone so low.. It is about an article written in a dutch paper Trouw , if I understood corectly it's something like a taboid.. and this "journalist" wrote about N. Djokovic how he's a nationalist and his cheering during his wins is full of agressive nationalist pumping.. his face is sceletal and he looks like a vulture...(or smthg) .. another even Psychiatrist made a comment that his success is built on that eagerness to winwin,fight put in contest of the 90ties turbulent times of serbia and the balkans in general...??? Some paralels are written in the article that evoke how his homecountry is guilty of this or that... (which in turnt, I guess, for every Dutch player ,French,American,German etc. we can put the whole colonialist history, slavery, wars, on their shoulders and eat ***t about it?)
Ok. it is clear that this journalist Nicole, she hasnt seen a single tennis match with Novak in her life, nor has she followed tennis (and therefore be informed who wins cheers in which way).. and this paper is a trash magazine, but , obviously , this was ordered from someone, somewhere... for one purpose to reach to this tennis player and hurt as much as possible..
This article is not from yesterday and this journalists' twitter account has already been spammed with comments (only in dutch)

...."Hij heeft zich met een onwaarschijnlijke forehand uit verloren positie de finale ingeslagen, waarna hij zijn vierde Grand Slamtitel in de wacht heeft gesleept. Hij heeft met een brede lach, getooid met een cap van de New Yorkse brandweer, de trofee in ontvangst genomen. Hij heeft tientallen journalisten te woord gestaan en hij heeft feest gevierd. Maar als Novak Djokovic enkele dagen na zijn overwinning in de US Open in Belgrado aankomt, is hij vooral erg moe.

Dat hij bij de Daviscup tegen Argentinië als toeschouwer zal fungeren, lijkt een uitgemaakte zaak. Totdat Servië na de eerste dag op een schier hopeloze achterstand komt te staan. De euforische stemming onder zijn fans verandert op slag. Op internet ontspint zich een felle discussie."

http://www.trouw.nl/tr/nl/5009/Archi...vic-stil.dhtml
Intresting. I guess vulturing from Cokesquet in Canada was pretty bad.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiebreak100 View Post
A dishwasher has more personality than Sampras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #5
country flag Yolita
Registered User
 
Yolita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mexico
Posts: 1,938
Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Real disappointment.. is tennis heading nowhere???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Who cares what some tabloid writes, they have to sell somehow. The vulturing seems to be catching on though
It's not surprising to see articles thrashing Novak written by people with no tennis knowledge. It's obvious that trash like that sells. Also, the Federer product is being promoted, putting down Nole helps.

What's fascinating to me is the fact that they are calling Novak a "vulture". It's so stupid that it makes me laugh. Of all the things they could have chosen to criticise Nole, they choose the one that makes absolutely no sense.

In 2012 Novak has played only 13 tournaments, 4 Grand Slams, 7 Masters and 2 smaller tournaments: Dubai and the Olympics, hardly "vulturing" events. The idea of vulturing is to choose small tournaments with weaker fields in order to win easy points. Novak didn't even play Belgrade: how is he vulturing? If he had played Belgrade, he would have kept his No1 for a few more weeks, and yet he didn't.

He's the leader of the Race and no other top 100 player has played fewer tournaments than Novak. Roger has played 16, Rafa has played 15, Andy has played 16. Novak only 13.

The fact that they call him a vulture is probably what psychologists call projection: you see in others what you hate about yourself. Roger fans must be a little uncomfortable that Roger got the No 1 by playing smaller events that he hadn't played in a long time, like Rotterdam (I don't call him a vulture, he has the right to choose whatever tournaments he wants to play). But let's look at the points earned by type of tournament:

Grand Slams:
Novak 5120 Roger 3800
Masters:
Novak 4340 Roger 3405
Smaller events:
Novak 450 Roger 1715


TOTAL:
Novak 9910 Roger 8920

To call Novak a vulture with these numbers borders on insanity.
__________________
NOVAK DJOKOVIC
Yolita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
country flag Crvena Zvezda
Registered User
 
Crvena Zvezda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nîmes, France
Age: 45
Posts: 3,785
Crvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Real disappointment.. is tennis heading nowhere???

It's funny to have this article written by a Dutch.

1) I'm French but very Dutch looking and I was almost stoned out in some part of Bali before saying I'm French.

2) The Netherlands (and Belgium) is probably a country where nationalist is also very high (Vlaanderen) with not the same excuse than Srbija to have met War, Poverty and Disorder.


Don't try to change Western European Point of View.

People here are brainwashed by TV.

Western Europe is rooten from the inside and sold to Big Companies and World Trade.

Good thing is a lot of people here in France have realized we have lost our Thinking and Consuming Real Freedom, harassed by TV and ads.

So we can dream for a better future.

Nole is the proof you can achieve your dream with no money no national structure but Big Will and Dedication.

Nole entertain us because he has his own opinions about Nation Religion and don't try to stay as smooth and flat as a marketing product.

His eyes are brightly shining everytime he discusses about Life (look him about Nick Vujicic on youtube) Children.....

He's simply not a machine but alive and thinking like everyone of us should do and saying things outside of the court, and about a lot of matters apart from sport.

And that is probably THE thing that bothers Establishment.
__________________
BABA N°1E шампион !!!


The Dog, Mani, Almagro, Brown, Kyrgios, Klizan, Deliciano, Coric : GOAT slayers

Last edited by Crvena Zvezda : 09-24-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Crvena Zvezda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #7
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,737
star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Real disappointment.. is tennis heading nowhere???

When I think of all the ridiculous things I read about tennis players ---

Sometimes I think that people who write about tennis really hate tennis. It's not just now. I remember having this feeling about some writers even in the 1980s.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #8
country flag Crvena Zvezda
Registered User
 
Crvena Zvezda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nîmes, France
Age: 45
Posts: 3,785
Crvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Real disappointment.. is tennis heading nowhere???

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
When I think of all the ridiculous things I read about tennis players ---

Sometimes I think that people who write about tennis really hate tennis. It's not just now. I remember having this feeling about some writers even in the 1980s.
I think it is only jealousy and frustration.

I even see french people here always supporting french athlete opponents.

In psychology it is : "as I am not able to achieve big things I hope all the people around won't either" attitude.

Moreover trashing about a Srb means I'm Good and I will be pupular because I'm trashing against a killer (as it is well known all Srbs are killers) which is a very easy way of behaving without deeply thinking.

Trashing people don't realize the amount of work dedication sacrifices and efforts players have to do.

Even if top players are known and popular that don't give you the right to speak about them in rougher word than you could do with your neighbours or your sister.
__________________
BABA N°1E шампион !!!


The Dog, Mani, Almagro, Brown, Kyrgios, Klizan, Deliciano, Coric : GOAT slayers
Crvena Zvezda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios