Is Rafael Nadal Parera an underachiever? - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Is Rafa an underachiever?

Yes 6 9.84%
No 55 90.16%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2012, 04:22 AM   #91
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Rafael Nadal Parera an underachiever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Incorrect.

Noserer is probably the LPOAT (luckiest player of all time). If he played in an era where players had balls and talent, he would have less than 10 slams. When Nadal and Djoker reached their prime, he struggled to win 1 slam every year. It's easy to dominate when your "rivals" consist of Roddick and Hewitt.
So Nadal and Djokovic are allowed to reach a seeming "peak" yet Federer isn't allowed to have years where he has left his "peak" because fact is is Federer left his peak before Nadal/Djokovic started their peaks, so honestly your analysis is piss poor as usual. Your clownism becomes even more evident considering Roddick has a winning record over Djokovic, and Hewitt has a 3-1 record over Nadal on hardcourts and 1-0 on grass over Rafa, as in he had a 4-1 H2H record over Rafa at one point before Rafa only started facing an aging Hewitt on clay.. Hell, Hewitt should have taken that Hamburg match, but whatever. Either way, these "clowns" of Roddick and Hewitt gave Djokovic and Nadal a run for their money.
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2012, 07:48 AM   #92
country flag IOFH

IOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Peak Nadal destroys Noserer on any surface as was demonstrated in 2008/early 2009. The mono excuse Noserertards have cooked up was really pathetic in my opinion. It's time to admit that Noserer's career and GOAT status is tainted by his inability to beat Nadal on the big stage and being his turkey on clay - not even my opinion, btw. It's the opinion of many pundits, sports journalists and commentators. GOAT my ass Even Clownpras had winning H2H against Drugassi....Noserer got humiliated by Nadal time and time again, while succeeding against gutless mugs like Roddick and Hewitt who bent down nice and low every time he faced them

I guess it's too bad Nadal turned pro - Noserer would have won 20+ slams by now and 2 calendar slams back to back giving sycophants like yourself even more reason to kiss his ass.
You didn't answer the question at all. Seems to be a common theme with the Nadaltards.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:14 AM   #93
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

why is this about Federer again?
I've said this before but I'll repeat it for those with little understanding: bashing Federer does not make Rafa great, and vice versa. Just as bashing evolution does not make Chrisianity true.

OT: no ofcourse he is not an underachiever. He won 11 slams, is the greatest claycourtplayer of all time. The guy is a legend...at 26.
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #94
country flag garad

garad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond repute

first this :

"Noserer is probably the LPOAT (luckiest player of all time). If he played in an era where players had balls and talent, he would have less than 10 slams."

then this :
"I guess it's too bad Nadal turned pro - Noserer would have won 20+ slams by now and 2 calendar slams back to back giving sycophants like yourself even more reason to kiss his ass."

Topsindoctor again showing here that he has intelligence of a chicken that is about to cross the road...
Old 10-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #95
country flag garad

garad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's the opinion of many pundits, sports journalists and commentators. GOAT my ass
Providing your attention span allows it, do some media research. You will find out that Federer is already acknowledged as GOAT or a strongest candidate for goat status by the vast majority of pundits and journalists.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #96
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

No.

He seems to have made the most of his tennis talent and physical attributes.

He may not have the talent of Federer and possibly 1 or 2 other players, but he certainly is the 2 nd best player of this century behind Federer. In many ways the injuries are the reality of the way he plays and it probably was unfeasible to remain fit all the time with the demands he places on his body.

Certain posters seem to be trying to edit history to place Nadal ahead of Federer.

Federer 17 GS, 6 Year End Masters, 21 Master Series.
Nadal 14 GS, 0 Year End Masters, 27 Master Series, 1 Olympic Gold.
Djokovic 6 GS, 3 Year End Masters, 19 Master Series.

DrJules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #97
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post

If that's the case then Fed should have won 50+ slams.
In some interview before the retirement Safin said about those whining that he's an underachiever that according to some he should've won 20+ GS and Federer 50+ GS or smth like that.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #98
country flag Myrre

Myrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond repute

Biggest myth in tennis must be Rafa's knee problems. How can you have chronic knee problems and still be ranked no.1 or 2 over five consecutive years? Cannot be very physically challenging this sport....
Myrre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote