Slasher's new signature - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #61
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Slasher's new signature

That would make a good game, though.

Compare every tennis player to a character in Star Wars.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #62
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

That would turn into a Jar-Jar/3PO calling fest. Basically any tennis player you consider annoying can be one of these two.
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #63
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Baghdatis is Jabba The Hutt
Flo Mayer is Jango Fett

First two that come to mind.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #64
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Goffin is Obi-Wan (too obvious).
Federer is Qui-Gon (truly his master lol).
<name-mindless-pusher-servebot> is a plain droid "Roger, roger"
Tsonga is Mace Windu.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #65
country flag The Prince

What about some of the Sith Lords.

Monfils is Darth Maul.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #66
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Do you also know Expanded Universe characters ?

Djokovic reminds me of Kyp Durron for instance. I don't know why...
Nadal would make an awesome Darth Krayt.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #67
country flag Chip & Charge

Chip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond repute

Roddick could be Han Solo
Chip & Charge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #68
country flag The Prince

I'm not into the extended universe, unfortunately. Kinda thought they were stretching the story beyond its limit.

I know the six films inside out, though.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #69
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
I'm not into the extended universe, unfortunately. Kinda thought they were stretching the story beyond its limit.
Thought that too before I read my first book. I was pleasantly surprised though. You can't tell me for instance that after seeing Episode III you wouldn't want to know the story of Darth Plagueis.

Han Solo as Roddick sounds like a good pick.
Tomic could be the young version of Anakin. Perfectly arrogant.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #70
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
Thought that too before I read my first book. I was pleasantly surprised though. You can't tell me for instance that after seeing Episode III you wouldn't want to know the story of Darth Plagueis.

Han Solo as Roddick sounds like a good pick.
Tomic could be the young version of Anakin. Perfectly arrogant.
A lot of people hold that view, to be honest. As much as I love Star Wars, I'm not sure if I have the time anymore to keen up on the extended universe. Are the stories still authentic?

Yeah, Tomic is Episode II Anakin.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #71
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
A lot of people hold that view, to be honest. As much as I love Star Wars, I'm not sure if I have the time anymore to keen up on the extended universe. Are the stories still authentic?
Thought the same, no time, I'm not sure... But it got addictive, lol. Some of the stories between Episodes II and III have been put to question because of the Clone Wars TV series, but there are stories that go 40 years beyond Episode VI, one arc of 19 books detailing a war with invaders from outside the galaxy, called the Yuuzhan Vong, so well created and truly alien, makes Lucas' work look like dog food. And stories that go back thousands of years to say the time when the Rule of Two Palpatine uses was instituted (very well written) and the books that go with the games Knights of the Old Republic and The Old Republic MMO. I didn't read them all at first, thought I'd try the best ones, but I couldn't really stop. [/geek mode]
Old 10-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #72
country flag The Prince

We all have passions and should be proud of them!

Yeah, I like the idea of pre-historic Star Wars, and post-Empire stories. Trying to cram stories in between the films is risky, though.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #73
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
We all have passions and should be proud of them!

Yeah, I like the idea of pre-historic Star Wars, and post-Empire stories. Trying to cram stories in between the films is risky, though.
I am proud to be a Star Wars geek.

Most of those crammed between the films are among the worst books, (a few are good though, especially the ones written by Timothy Zahn, he's the author that wrote the first Expanded Universe book, and brought the series into another direction). So, if you ever want to start on it, you should really start with his Thrawn Trilogy series, happening 5 years after Episode VI.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #74
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

So that's why we get along Massive Star Wars fan here, but I have to ask?

who is Jar Jar? or Qui-Gon? or Mace Windu?
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #75
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I know the six films inside out, though.
there's three films, and then they made three 2-hour toy commercials
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote