WWW Tokyo R1: [1] Murray vs. Monfils - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Murray in 2 23 50.00%
Murray in 3 11 23.91%
Monfils in 2 3 6.52%
Monfils in 3 9 19.57%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #61
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WWW Tokyo R1: [1] Murray vs. Monfils

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia_gu View Post
Ivo Karlovic is said to be the LL replacing Monfils vs Murray.
Oh right, I missed him, still a bit of a toughie for AM though.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Robredo, Benneteau, Simon, Janowicz, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #62
country flag decrepitude

decrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond repute

Murray 4:0 Karlovic.

Andy usually has little trouble with big servers, unless he is having a very "off" day.

Following ANDY MURRAY and all British tennis on
http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/stats.html
(click on GB Tennis Forum)
decrepitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #63
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

murray to do the chainsaw again vs Ivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #64
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by decrepitude View Post
Murray 4:0 Karlovic.

Andy usually has little trouble with big servers, unless he is having a very "off" day.
That should mean the time is ripe for another pigeon, and a rather lagre one at that.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #65
country flag Murray Mint

Murray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri27 View Post
Monfils has a better serve and probably a better FH than Murray in my opinion (even though Murray's FH has improved this year).
You know, i like Murray but just because he won the Olympics and US Open doesn't necessarly mean he will now easily beat guys like Tsonga, Ferrer, Berdych, Cilic,Monfils or every guy not named Federer, Nadal and Djoker.
The Murray fans (i'm not necessarly talking about you) who think that are clearly deluded.
They shouldn't forget how he managed to win his first GS (cf his struggling against Cilic who was leadling 6-3 5-1).
Bullshit! He was beating the 'also-rans' with consistency even before the Olympics, look at his grand slam record and who he was losing to each time. He owns those jokers, what have they done lately? Ferrer beat him at Roland Garros, fair enough, and Berdych did him in a Masters. That's it... The deluded ones on here are the Murray doubters/haters. Maybe you didn't receive the memo - it's Slamray now, and his loyal army of fans laugh at people that compare him to slamless losers like Tsonga and Berdych. Speaking of Berd, people go on about how overrated Gasquet has been - what about this guy? The reverence with which he's talked about just because he has a massive forehand, well just look at his joke of a career.

He also won his first GS against a 5 time champion and truly great player, unlike the others in the top 4. And don't forget how Federer won Wimbledon! 2 sets down to Benneteau! It's all about the win, Murray and Fed are warriors and get the job done.
Murray Mint is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #66
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Mint View Post
Speaking of Berd, people go on about how overrated Gasquet has been - what about this guy? The reverence with which he's talked about just because he has a massive forehand, well just look at his joke of a career.

You made me read your utter clownish bullshit until there.

It's not because of how good Berdych's forehand is, it's how good his all around game is, he has one of the most complete games on the tour technically and we all know if he could just get that mental side of his sorted for a few weeks at a Grand Slam he could well take it. He's made a Grand Slam final and won a Masters title, 2 things Gasquet hasn't done.

Fact is if the courts weren't slowed down as much as they were the last few years guys like Tsonga and Berdych would be a lot more likely to have slams. Murray, Djokovic and Nadal have got lucky regarding that, no one can deny that. I don't even like Federer but have to admit even he got screwed a little bit in that sense.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray

Last edited by Certinfy : 10-01-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #67
country flag Murray Mint

Murray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
He's made a Grand Slam final and won a Masters title, 2 things Gasquet hasn't done.
WHAT A CAREER! There's not even a comparison with Gasquet here, the point is that Berd is ridiculously overrated. What the fuck is the use of having such clean groundstrokes if so many of them go flying wide/long? I love it when people say things like "if he could just get that mental side sorted" - now that's clownish. Yeah, and if only Karlovic could have got those return games sorted eh...

Make excuses about surfaces all you like, the fact is that Murray, Djokovic and Nadal are on another level as competitors to the likes of Berdych and Tsonga. At the highest level of sport you find out which players are tough - and we've found out.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #68
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
WHAT A CAREER! There's not even a comparison with Gasquet here, the point is that Berd is ridiculously overrated. What the fuck is the use of having such clean groundstrokes if so many of them go flying wide/long? I love it when people say things like "if he could just get that mental side sorted" - now that's clownish. Yeah, and if only Karlovic could have got those return games sorted eh...

Make excuses about surfaces all you like, the fact is that Murray, Djokovic and Nadal are on another level as competitors to the likes of Berdych and Tsonga. At the highest level of sport you find out which players are tough - and we've found out.
It's still better than 99% of pro players will achieve in their careers.

Maybe when he's playing well hardly any of them go long? No one's ever expected him to be consistent week in and week out, but there's no question how good his game is, only an idiot wouldn't be able to see that. With Gasquet his game isn't good enough to be that good, with Tomas there's hardly any weakness in his game.

That's bullshit. How the fuck can we find out which players are tough when the surfaces are literally catered for their gamestyles? There's literally no way we can expect Berdych and Tsonga to hit through Djokovic and Nadal enough on most of the courts in today's game to win. The fact that Ferrer and Monaco are top 10 with their gamestyles says a lot. Just look at the speed of Kuala Lumpur last week, a fucking indoor court with the speed of a clay court.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #69
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

32/2012 ATP Toronto (CAN) Hard Richard Gasquet Tomas Berdych 6-4 6-2
19/2011 ATP Rome (ITA) Clay Richard Gasquet Tomas Berdych 4-6 6-2 6-4
3/2011 ATP Australian Open (AUS) Hard Tomas Berdych Richard Gasquet 6-2 7-6(3) 6-2
15/2010 ATP Monte-Carlo (MON) Clay Tomas Berdych Richard Gasquet 6-2 6-0
40/2007 ATP Tokyo (JPN) Hard Richard Gasquet Tomas Berdych 7-6(3) 6-3
32/2006 ATP Toronto (CAN) Hard Richard Gasquet Tomas Berdych 6-4 6-1
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #70
country flag Certinfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
3/2011 ATP Australian Open (AUS) Hard Tomas Berdych Richard Gasquet 6-2 7-6(3) 6-2
Head 2 Heads don't mean anything. If we're talking about them then Hrbaty > Nadal and Federer. They're bullshit of the highest order.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #71
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Old 10-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #72
country flag Murray Mint

That's the crux of it - how often does he 'play well'? I think we all know. But hey, maybe at some point in the future he'll be a mental giant for 2 weeks and win a grand slam.....

So you're saying that Djoker & Nadal aren't necessarily tougher competitors than Berdych & Tsonga, and there's actually no way of us knowing due to the surfaces? That's special, even for this forum.

And now "H2Hs don't mean anything and are bullshit of the highest order", you really are on a roll. Looks like Richard owns the Berdman to me!
Old 10-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #73
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Head 2 Heads don't mean anything. If we're talking about them then Hrbaty > Nadal and Federer. They're bullshit of the highest order.
Dominik is GOAT
#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #74
country flag Certinfy

Quote:
That's the crux of it - how often does he 'play well'? I think we all know. But hey, maybe at some point in the future he'll be a mental giant for 2 weeks and win a grand slam.....

So you're saying that Djoker & Nadal aren't necessarily tougher competitors than Berdych & Tsonga, and there's actually no way of us knowing due to the surfaces? That's special, even for this forum.

And now "H2Hs don't mean anything and are bullshit of the highest order", you really are on a roll. Looks like Richard owns the Berdman to me!
No, but when you have surfaces suited to your game it's easier to be a tougher competitor. We all know if we had faster surfaces guys like Berdych and Tsonga would have benefited a lot more, that's not even questionable.

It's 4-2 to Gasquet, Berdych leads Murray 4-3, so looks like Berdych owns Murray.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #75
country flag motorhead
Banned!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_fKB7HnPOs