Henman in Bercy!! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-29-2003, 07:34 PM   #1
tennisstar059

tennisstar059 is on a distinguished road
Default Henman in Bercy!!

right, an AWESOME 2nd round win over home favorite Grosjean...I know, Seb's a nice guy and its too bad (esp. now he wont qualify for Houston), but this is revenge for the Wimbledon quarters!!! Henman faces either Scud or Guga tomorrow (hope its Scud just b/c i love Kuerten and couldnt really root AGAINST him)....keep on going Tim! This amazing win only deserves another!!!
tennisstar059 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2003, 03:53 PM   #2
sebgrosfan

sebgrosfan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Henman in Bercy!!

lil update: Henman beat Kuerten and now faces Federer.

Allez to the French gents and a big up to Tim! Further shouts out to Goran, Mr. Sampras and my two favourite former-players-turned-commentators: Johnny Mac and Boris!
sebgrosfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 11:25 PM   #3
tennisstar059

YES!!!!!! an impressive (as his last few matches have been as well) win over federer in straight sets! i would LOVE to say i told you so!! haha tomorrow against andy...ooo i hope he beats him, as he did this summer in the washington, d.c. semifinal (which i was soo lucky to get to watch from courtside b./c i was working there)...he was down 1-5 in the 2nd set tiebreaker to roddick and pulled it out!!! so i know he can do it...best of luck to u mate!
Old 11-01-2003, 03:18 PM   #4
Sharon

Henman's in the final after beating roddick 7-6(4) 7-6(7).
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 04:29 PM   #5
sebgrosfan

Woohoo, I got to say, this stuff really surprises me. Tim used to be such a nervous wreck when he was younger but he can really pull himself together now. And two tiebreaks against Roddick, for chr*st's sake? That's like impossible... Amazing, great job, RESPECT!!!! Go Tim, it's either Novak or Pavel in the final, I'd say that's doable

Allez to the French gents and a big up to Tim! Further shouts out to Goran, Mr. Sampras and my two favourite former-players-turned-commentators: Johnny Mac and Boris!
Old 11-02-2003, 03:37 PM   #6
Sharon

Henman def. Pavel 6-2 7-6 7-6 for his first TMS!! Great job Tim, you deserve it!
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 03:45 PM   #7
sebgrosfan

What a way to salvage a season that was almost wasted by injuries and a difficult comeback. What a show of character! I stand in awe...

Old 11-02-2003, 05:54 PM   #8
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Tim. What a brilliant week for him, beating opponents of this calibre. Well deserved title.
Vera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 01:22 PM   #9
tennisstar059

so glad i started this thread just for tim in the paris masters.....it brought him luck!! haha just kidding...so happy..i think he even further silenced his critics, who were wondering if after beating so many top players, he could polish it off while playing as the favorite (against pavel) w/that kind of pressure...2004 will bring even better stuff, im sure!! (he did say he would be back in 2004 to defend that title, so we know he'll be around for a while...great attitude to have!!)....SO pleased!!
Old 11-03-2003, 03:54 PM   #10
country flag thenman

thenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond repute

YAY! Congrats Tim! He's back in the Top 20 now, at 14 (or 15?)! He's seeded for the Aussie Open!!
Did you see his face afterwards? He had this huge smile, it was so great!!
thenman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 02:42 PM   #11
country flag Jexy

Jexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.lta.org.uk/News/BritishNe...risMasters.htm

Paris Masters Tennis
(4th - 7th November 2004)

Can Tim Henman successfully defend his Masters trophy?

Tim Henman moves into the familiar subterranean territory of Paris’ Stade de Omnisport next to the River Seine at Bercy as the race for a place in the calendar ending Masters Cup reaches its’ final straight.

A year ago Henman left the huge cavernous arena as champion after finally winning his first ever Masters Series title. However that victory brought down the curtain on his campaign but 12 months on he is hoping the event only acts as a final springboard towards a place amongst the eight elite players of the world in Houston.

Though Henman cannot be content with his performances over the last two weeks in Madrid and Basle, he knows a huge thank-you is in order for former Australian Open champion Thomas Johansson who not only denied Andre Agassi his 60th career title in Sunday’s Stockholm final but prevented the 34 year-old Las Vegan from gathering a further 12 points in his concerted bid to overtake Henman.

“It’s difficult trying not to get caught up in it all,” said Henman who has seen his lead over Agassi whittled away over the last fortnight. “Obviously I would have liked to have done better in the last couple of events and it would have been nice to have already qualified for Houston.

With one week remaining Henman stands in seventh place in the race with 458 points, 38 more than Agassi. Curiously the pair could meet in the Bercy quarter-final but by then the Englishman would have secured his place by overtaking current fifth placed Guillermo Coria who has opted against playing the Parisian event believing his rehabilitation is still a couple of weeks short after undergoing shoulder surgery in August.

However if Coria still merits a place at Houston’s Westside Tennis Club then he has repeatedly stressed he will be ready to play the event which begins on November. Henman meanwhile is taking nothing for granted and though awarded a first round bye at Bercy, by virtue of his third seeding; he must then beat either Thailand’s Paradorn Srichaphan or the tricky Argentine Mariano Zabaleta.

Henman holds a 5-1 advantage over Srichaphan, their most recent encounter coming in Washington DC last year with the British no.1 winning in straight sets. Zabaleta, a late inclusion in the main draw after the withdrawal of forceful young Swede Joachim Johansson, stands at 4-4 with Henman with two of those matches coming this year; a win for the Argentine on the clay of Rome with fortunes being reversed three months later on Toronto’s cement.

The third round appears even more problematical with either Mikail Youzhny, the Russian winner of last week’s St. Petersburg tournament or the similarly in form Czech, Jiri Novak lying in wait. Few should need reminding that en route to winning the Basle title, Novak beat Henman in the quarter-finals and also dumped him out of the Olympic Games first round.

“It’s always a bit frantic at this time of the year with so much on the line and defending titles is never easy, especially a Masters Series event,” said Henman “There are so many good players in the draw that if you perform slightly below your best there’s a good chance you’ll be punished.

“My intention is to take it a match at a time – I know it’s a cliché but that’s the way I perform best. I have to concentrate on my own game and take each match as it comes. I need to focus my attention on playing as well as possible against either Mariano or Paradorn – that’s as far as I’m looking at the moment.”

http://www.geocities.com/sojexy/
Featuring Live Scoreboard! Photo Gallery! News! Forum! Fanlisting! Guestmap! ... and MORE!

Come, join, and help us build the largest Joachim Johansson fan site out there!!!
Jexy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:45 PM   #12
country flag thenman

thenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for bumping the thread, Jexy

Good luck to Tim tomorrow vs Srichaphan. Yes, take it "one match at a time".
thenman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:26 PM   #13
country flag Agassi Fan

Agassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Timbo!

Tennis posters, photos, autograph to sell or swap.
www.gportal.hu/portal/posters
Soccer posters to sell or swap!!
www.gportal.hu/portal/nikesoccer
Agassi Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 01:34 AM   #14
country flag Jexy

Jexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenman
Thanks for bumping the thread, Jexy

Good luck to Tim tomorrow vs Srichaphan. Yes, take it "one match at a time".
No problem, I like to recycle anyways

http://www.geocities.com/sojexy/
Featuring Live Scoreboard! Photo Gallery! News! Forum! Fanlisting! Guestmap! ... and MORE!

Come, join, and help us build the largest Joachim Johansson fan site out there!!!
Jexy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 03:06 PM   #15
country flag Agassi Fan

Agassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Tim won against Srichi, next will be Youzney, but I am not sure.

Go Tim!

Tennis posters, photos, autograph to sell or swap.
www.gportal.hu/portal/posters
Soccer posters to sell or swap!!
www.gportal.hu/portal/nikesoccer
Agassi Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote