Team USA Tickers/Tweets/Rants/General Discussions - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-15-2012, 12:08 AM   #1
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Team USA Tickers/Tweets/Rants/General Discussions

Random Tidbits

Ticker:

Quote:
Mardy Fish and Andy Roddick withdraw from the Rome Masters Series tournament, which begins on Sunday. No. 9 Fish has not played since early in April in Houston due to exhaustion and burn out, while No. 27 Roddick has not played since Miami due to hip injury. Both are scheduled play alongside James Blake — who is also injured — at the World Team Cup in Germany the week before Roland Garros. There have been indications that Fish may not return until the grass court season. He will fall out of the top 10 next week. Link
James, looks like retirement is on the horizon . Hopefully, one of the young ballbashers will step up and fill my JB void .

Tweet:

Quote:
Tim Curry‏@USTA_TimCurry

9 Americans entered in @rolandgarros qualifying: Ginepri, Kudla, Kuznetsov, Levine, Odesnik, Reynolds, Russell, Smyczek & Yani (Baker was 2)
Rant: Our players suck on clay so bad that it is not funny anymore . The upcoming juniors look somewhat decent though .

It is okay to tell me how annoying I am .

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube: youtube.com/SapELee485

Last edited by SapELee : 08-25-2012 at 08:25 PM. Reason: title
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 03:06 AM   #2
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Team USA Tickers/Tweets/Rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
It is okay to tell me how annoying I am .
I'll tell you how annoying you are!!!...NOT annoying at all. Keep up the good work, you're always posting good stuff that I usually haven't seen already.
PTWahoo14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:42 AM   #3
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTWahoo14 View Post
I'll tell you how annoying you are!!!...NOT annoying at all. Keep up the good work, you're always posting good stuff that I usually haven't seen already.
Thanks. I have a talent for digging up useless information . But in all seriousness, I just enjoy reading about tennis and keeping up with players. I don't mind updating all these threads b/c I know there are lurkers out there who come here for quick updates.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #4
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

John McEnroe Tennis Academy Announces Expansion and New Director of Tennis

Old 05-17-2012, 12:48 AM   #5
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Alexandr Dolgopolov, Kevin Anderson, Donald Young and James Blake have signed to compete in the second annual Winston-Salem Open at Wake Forest University. The tournament will be held August 18-25, 2012, at the Wake Forest Tennis Complex adjacent to BB&T Field.

“The four players we’re announcing today join John Isner and Andy Roddick to form an incredible early field of contenders who will be competing in this year’s tournament,” Winston-Salem Open director Bill Oakes said.
Tournament website: http://www.winstonsalemopen.com/

I might drive up there just to see Blake. Hopefully, Christian Harrison can get a qualifying wc.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:06 AM   #6
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default ESPN3.com Replay

For those that don't know, you can usually watch replays of big tournaments at ESPN3.com (US Residents):

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_...y/sport/tennis

Old 05-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #7
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Fish still out; Roddick to return in Dusseldorf

May 18, 2012

Mardy Fish has pulled out of next week's World Team Cup in Dusseldorf and will be replaced by Ryan Harrison. Fish has been contending with an undefined illness and is questionable for Rolland Garros. The 11th-ranked American has not played since Houston in early April. He will be a groomsman at former player and TV analyst Justin Gimelstob's wedding this coming weekend.

However, Andy Roddick, who has not played since Miami due to hip trouble, did keep his spot on the team, and James Blake, who has not played since mid-April because of knee trouble, is also on the squad.—Matt Cronin
Congrats to Justin

Old 05-25-2012, 03:48 AM   #8
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default IMG Academies to host USTA $10k Pro Circuit Futures men's tournament in mid-November

Quote:
IMG Academies will debut a new USTA $10k Pro Circuit Futures men’s tennis event in November. It will be the final Futures event of the year, and the main draw will take place November 12-18. The event will conclude just before IMG hosts the Eddie Herr International Junior Tennis Championships, one of the junior tennis world’s largest and most prestigious international events.

“I am very excited that we can host and debut this Pro Circuit Futures event here at IMG Academies” said legendary tennis coach and founder of the IMG Bollettieri Tennis Academy, Nick Bollettieri. “The USTA Pro Circuit presents a major opportunity for amateurs and juniors to test their skills against pros, and gives our community a chance to experience professional tennis up-close.”

The event will be played on clay courts and will feature 128 players participating in the qualifying rounds November 9-11. Thirty-two players will advance to main draw singles, with 16 teams advancing into the main draw doubles tournament. Read more

Old 05-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #9
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default French Open Day 1 & 2

3-2 Record

John Isner def. Rogerio Dutra Silva 63 64 64
Brian Baker def. Xavier Malisse 63 76(1) 76(5)
Jesse Levine def. Benjamin Becker 75 62 64
Ryan Harrison lost to Gilles Simon 63 57 46 16 (you just had to join Andy, didn't you; what a collapse )
Andy Roddick lost to Nicolas Mahut 36 36 64 26

10-0 for the ladies , 13-2 Record so far.
Probably the best results in quite some time. Keep it up .

Also Happy Memorial Day to everybody!

Old 06-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #10
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default French Open continues....

Rest of Round 1
James Blake lost to M.Youzhny 26 16 26
Donald Young lost to Grigor Dimitrov 67(3) 16 16
Sam Querrey lost to Janko Tipsarevic 62 46 67(3) 36

Round 2
John Isner lost to Paul-Henri Mathieu 76(2) 46 46 63 16-18
Brian Baker lost to Gilles Simon 46 16 76(4) 61 06
Jesse Levine lost to Milos Raonic 46 57 26

3-8 Record, better luck at Wimbledon boys
17-17 Team USA record with 3 ladies left not named Williams (McHale, Stephens, Lepchenko)

Old 06-14-2012, 02:55 AM   #11
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Tom Perrotta‏@TomPerrotta

Yes, big USTA announcement tomorrow. But if you're willing to bet it's a roof, would be wise if you don't wager every last penny.
Quote:
Colette Lewis‏@zootennis

RT @dkaplanSBJ: USTA spokesman denies the group is announcing a roof tomorrow. plot thickens. may have to wait until tomorrow.
I wonder what could it be, everyone is talking about it

Old 06-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #12
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default U.S. Open gets two new stadiums, but no roof

http://tennis.com/articles/templates...18216&zoneid=6

Quote:
The USTA's plans for an upgrade of the National Tennis Center do not include a roof over Arthur Ashe Stadium, or on a new Louis Armstrong Stadium. USTA officials say that the gigantic Arthur Ashe Stadium, which was built on a swamp and seats 23,700, cannot physically absorb the weight of a roof.

The new Armstrong Stadium, which will seat 15,000, will be able to support a roof, but will not get one until the main stadium does.

“The tournament does not function with a single roof being anywhere but the main stadium,” Daniel Zausner, managing director of the tennis center, told the New York Times. "If rain halted a match at Ashe, you can’t tell people to move to Louis, which will have 15,000 seats. That leaves 8,000-plus without a seat.”

The new Armstrong Stadium might not be ready until 2018. The current one, which was first constructed as the Singer Bowl for the 1964-65 World’s Fair, and is said to have outlived its usefulness.

The deteriorating yet popular Grandstand court will also be torn down, and a new mini-stadium will be built in its place to accommodate 8,000 fans, up from 6,000. The current Grandstand was also constructed for the 1964-65 World’s Fair. The new one may open in 2015.

There are also plans for a covered, two-level viewing deck over the five practice courts and two match courts west of Ashe Stadium. Two parking garages will be constructed over existing parking lots to accommodate additional spaces.

The construction will be financed by the USTA. The costs of the upgrades are estimated to be around $500 million over 10 years.

Rain delays have caused the U.S. Open men’s final to be played on a Monday for the past four years.
Catch-22

Old 06-19-2012, 12:40 AM   #13
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default ESPN3 to Launch espnW Channel on Title IX Anniversary

Quote:
170 hours of live women’s sports events available June 23-July 31 through the ESPN3 player on espnW.com

ESPN3 will launch an espnW channel dedicated exclusively to live women’s sports events on Saturday, June 23, the 40th anniversary of Title IX. At launch, the multi-screen sports network is slated to carry 170 hours of live women’s events through July 31 via an ESPN3 player on espnW.com, which will continue to be made available to fans on the site moving forward. More than half of the events available through the espnW channel are exclusive to ESPN3.
Read more/see tennis schedule: http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-re...x-anniversary/

Old 06-20-2012, 11:48 PM   #14
country flag MrEleganza

MrEleganza has a reputation beyond reputeMrEleganza has a reputation beyond reputeMrEleganza has a reputation beyond reputeMrEleganza has a reputation beyond reputeMrEleganza has a reputation beyond reputeMrEleganza has a reputation beyond reputeMrEleganza has a reputation beyond reputeMrEleganza has a reputation beyond reputeMrEleganza has a reputation beyond reputeMrEleganza has a reputation beyond reputeMrEleganza has a reputation beyond repute

It hasn't been a banner year for USA men's tennis, so I take the small victories...Davis Cup, Brian Baker's run to the Nice final, and today with the results of Wimbledon qualifiers.

USA is gonna have at least 11 players in the field, but Odesnik and Ram also have a shot at an LL spot. There will be at least one available, giving USA a 50/50 shot at getting that LL spot. That number can only go up if more drop out. So we could have 12 or even 13 in the field! Only Spain can boast slightly more, and France only if we get no LL's.

ALL AMERICANS|(almost)ALL UPSETS|YOUR MOM
MrEleganza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:18 PM   #15
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Wimbledon

1st Round

Harrison v Lu
Becker v Blake
Menendez-Maceiras v Russell
[11]Isner v Falla
[26]Youzhny v Young
Sweeting v Starace
Odesnik v Phau
J.Baker v [30]Roddick
Pospisil v Querrey
Ramirez-Hidalgo v [10]Fish
B.Baker v Machado
Levine v K.Beck

Good luck fellas! Let's have a better showing than RG .

Last edited by SapELee : 06-24-2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Forgot Levine v Beck match