Can Klizan be a great player in the future? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #61
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Klizan be a great player in the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
If he was going to be a great, he'd have shown more by now even in this particular age of players breaking through at a later age. The fact Klizan has been around for ages and a bandwagon thread comes around makes it even less likelier to happen.
No one at his age has shown much talent anyway, Goffin and Klizan might climb high in the future peaking late in an age group spanning almost 5 years which simply lacks any special talent whatsoever.

Nishikori and Raonic might be just ahead of him, but those 2 have limitations of their own.
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #62
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
No one at his age has shown much talent anyway, Goffin and Klizan might climb high in the future peaking late in an age group spanning almost 5 years which simply lacks any special talent whatsoever.

Nishikori and Raonic might be just ahead of him, but those 2 have limitations of their own.
Care to say just what exactly do you mean by limitations, cause I think Milos still has alot of potential left, and doesn't have many limits to how good he can be, right now yes, his game is limited, but I think he's got the mentality to improve alot, and has already shown that.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Robredo, Benneteau, Simon, Janowicz, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:52 PM   #63
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Care to say just what exactly do you mean by limitations, cause I think Milos still has alot of potential left, and doesn't have many limits to how good he can be, right now yes, his game is limited, but I think he's got the mentality to improve alot, and has already shown that.
Nishikori got physical limitations and Raonic got limitations with almost everything that is not his serve.

As a matter of fact the biggest 2 victories from the 89 generation and beyond is Nishikori df Tsonga in AO and Klizan df Tsonga in Usopen, that is all they have given us so far.

Klizan, Raonic and Nishikori have now all won some MM tournament, Raonic some more than the 2 others but with no slam success.

I would say Raonic and Nishikori are both ahead of Klizan and Goffin in potential but not by much. We must simply be happy with anything we get from this generation, I am happy I enjoy watching Goffin, Klizan and Nishikori play. I think the 91-93 generation is alot worse.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #64
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think the 91-93 generation is alot worse.
in 1992 generation there are many potentially good players, more than in other ones. Now will they be top-players as people are only interested in top-10 in this forum ? I don't know, but overall the 1992 generation looks a very good one in quantity at least (like the 1981 and 1987 ones, and in a lesser extent 1985)

more worrying are 1989-1991-1993-1994 (in quantity 1990 looks quite good either although 1992 looks even better) : for that I agree.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #65
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nishikori got physical limitations and Raonic got limitations with almost everything that is not his serve.

As a matter of fact the biggest 2 victories from the 89 generation and beyond is Nishikori df Tsonga in AO and Klizan df Tsonga in Usopen, that is all they have given us so far.

Klizan, Raonic and Nishikori have now all won some MM tournament, Raonic some more than the 2 others but with no slam success.

I would say Raonic and Nishikori are both ahead of Klizan and Goffin in potential but not by much. We must simply be happy with anything we get from this generation, I am happy I enjoy watching Goffin, Klizan and Nishikori play. I think the 91-93 generation is alot worse.
I wouldn't say Milos has limitations in everything else not his serve, he has already improved other parts of his game, like his return and backhand, if he had limits everywhere else then there would not be talk of him possibly winning a major one day, at least a Masters winning level player.

Nishikori hasn't done much since he won his title 4 years ago, at this point I've almost given up on him, the Basel final was only cause Nole wasn't healthy, but I'll give him his 23 year old season to see if he can show more, after that if he doesn't do anything, then bye bye.

Klizan's potential has gotta be on a par with the 2 aforementioned players at least they way you talk about them, the difference between Milos and Klizan and most other players who make a breakthrough at a major, is that they won a tourney soon afterwards, proving that they most likely won't be flash in the pans, which are all very positive signs for a players future in the sport, the Dog is also a very good player, top 10 materiel at least, but so sadly his health will always hold him back from probably reaching it.

So you think highly of Goffin, why, what about Paire?

Goffin was born in 90', as was Milos. Nishikori, Klizan and Paire all 89', the Dog 88' with Delpo.

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Robredo, Benneteau, Simon, Janowicz, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #66
country flag J99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
This guy reminds Melzer a bit.

I think he will be TOP-20 one day, he needs to play solid a few 250 tournaments for this. TOP-10? Here you need runs in Slams and Masters, constantly beating players almost as good as you from second and third dozen. Well, if I had to bet I would put my money on the highest position in Klizan`s career in TOP-10, but he won`t be one of guys who run this sport.

Marin is the only guy from this group who really achieved something already, but you sooner believe that Harrison and Dimitrov will be top dogs in years than him? Only
If he reminds you of Melzer as he does me that should mean he will be a top 10 player for you for sure, he also maybe reminds me of Nalbandian maybe a bit, mix them together and you got Klizan, Melzer's game is immense, for me the most complete game out there, Klizan's seems to be going in that direction, Klizan already had a nice USO run, and now a title, so why wouldn't he make nice runs in big tourney's in the future, if he's going to be better than Melzer was, although Melzer could have been better than he was, then he will run the sport.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #67
country flag Orange Wombat
Banned!

Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If he reminds you of Melzer as he does me that should mean he will be a top 10 player for you for sure, he also maybe reminds me of Nalbandian maybe a bit, mix them together and you got Klizan, Melzer's game is immense, for me the most complete game out there, Klizan's seems to be going in that direction, Klizan already had a nice USO run, and now a title, so why wouldn't he make nice runs in big tourney's in the future, if he's going to be better than Melzer was, although Melzer could have been better than he was, then he will run the sport.
He reminds me of Melzer too, but Melzer was never THAT good. I think you're going a little overboard on the Klizan is the reincarnation of Melzer thing.
Orange Wombat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:55 PM   #68
country flag J99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Wombat View Post
He reminds me of Melzer too, but Melzer was never THAT good. I think you're going a little overboard on the Klizan is the reincarnation of Melzer thing.
I did not say he's exactly like Melzer, I said he maybe has some Nalby in his game too, of course no player is exactly like another, that's impossible, and when Melzer was in form, yes he was that good, and then some, guess you missed it, but yes, I do believe his potential is near, or at, or past Melzer level if that's what you mean.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #69
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Klizan is a lefty like Melzer but he's much taller and moves less well, besides he doesn't have the versatility that Melzer have : volleys, slice ...

And he uses spin more than Melzer, is more powerful.

He's very different, not even to speak of their potential level, they also come in completely different periods of tennis, I have no idea how it's possible to compare them
Old 09-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #70
country flag J99

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Klizan is a lefty like Melzer but he's much taller and moves less well, besides he doesn't have the versatility that Melzer have : volleys, slice ...

And he uses spin more than Melzer, is more powerful.

He's very different, not even to speak of their potential level, they also come in completely different periods of tennis, I have no idea how it's possible to compare them
He does have volley's and slice.

What are you talking about, they are playing at the same time so it's very easy to compare them, even if they weren't it still would be, people compare players all the time.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #71
country flag duong

Quote:
He does have volley's and slice.

What are you talking about, they are playing at the same time so it's very easy to compare them, even if they weren't it still would be, people compare players all the time.
I just saw his matches against Mahut in Roland-Garros, Tsonga and Cilic in the US Open and I didn't notice his volleys and slice. You can notice them in every Melzer's match.

In the matches I saw, he reminded me more of Bellucci.

When I spoke of comparisons, I spoke of comparisons of their level at the same age as some tried to make earlier in the thread. Good for people if they can do that, I just said I can't
Old 09-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #72
country flag J99

Quote:
his volleys and slice didn't look good to me, contrary to Melzer's.

When I spoke of comparisons, I spoke of comparisons of their level at the same age as some tried to make earlier in the thread.
I guess you weren't watching the same match as the rest of us, he won the title on a slice drop volley.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #73
country flag duong

Quote:
I guess you weren't watching the same match as the rest of us, he won the title on a slice drop volley.
I didn't watch his matches in Saint Petersburg.

Besides, in threads I had read about him on MTF in the past, the comparison was often made with Bellucci, I had never read any comparison with Melzer before this week.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #74
country flag J99

Quote:
Klizan is probably top 3-4 of his age group 89-91 atleast.

Meltzer is so far from beeing top 10 of players born 80-82 and always was. Let me just make a top 10 list to make my case: Federer, Safin, Hewitt, Roddick, Nalbandian, Coria, Davydenko, Ferrer, Ferrero, Gonzalez
As if, he's better than Nalby, Davy, Coria, Safin, Gonzalez, Ferrer, Roddick, Hewitt, Ferrero, everyone except Fed, and that's only cause Fed has a higher talent level and comes once in a generation, but if you take Melzer when he's in form he's better than all of them, except maybe Safin cause he had a high talent level too, but he was a headcase who didn't like to work hard, and just try and coast on his talent, Melzer maybe also lacks a bit in size and strength with those guys, so can't match them quite as much perhaps, but his game just owns, really, you take his game vs. anyone except Fed and maybe Murray today, although maybe even theirs isn't as complete they just have more talent or some other bit extra, and it's the most complete we have seen, you really need to go back and watch him again when he was in form.

Just thought that Nalby had alot of talent too, Hewitt as we all know is one of the worst #1's and major winners ever, same with Roddick, they only won cause there was no one really good in that brief period after Pete and Andre and before Fed, Ferrero I guess was maybe good, only on clay though, Gaudio and Costa also won FO's then though, so maybe he wasn't as good as you thought, but he was in the brief clay period between Kuerten and Rafa, (who was so much better and should have had a better career if not for serious injury, would have loved to have seen him duel it out with Rafa for the clay crown, Rafa would not have as many FO's if he was around) Gonzalez, Davydenko, Ferrer and Coria, not really.

Last edited by J99 : 09-26-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:41 AM   #75
country flag J99

Quote:
I didn't watch his matches in Saint Petersburg.

Besides, in threads I had read about him on MTF in the past, the comparison was often made with Bellucci, I had never read any comparison with Melzer before this week.
Now that you mention it, yeah I guess he's a bit like Bellucci too, better than Bellucci of course, Melzer can hit with more spin, he just chooses the right time to do so, but in general he doesn't, Klizan does, but I thought you did not compare.

You said before that Klizan is tall, so what, how is that a bad thing, many players are about his height. He's more powerful and aggressive than Bellucci though.

I'm watching the Klizan-Tsonga match from the USO right now, you said that there wasn't any nice net play from Klizan, well there was.

Last edited by J99 : 09-27-2012 at 06:44 AM.