Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: featuring the 2012 PopCon winner and The Bulldog. - Page 80 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #1186
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

Trip just saw and replied on the thread
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #1187
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Can't believe it. You voted against me and don't even have the decency to fulfill my reasonable request.
On a slightly related note. Would you feel guilty if you knew all the secrets of all your friends, without them realising? Or would you enjoy the sensation?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #1188
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
On a slightly related note. Would you feel guilty if you knew all the secrets of all your friends, without them realising? Or would you enjoy the sensation?
Way to go to change the subject.

I would feel guilty without a doubt. A part of me would enjoy it but the dominant feeling would be guilt.

We discussed some moral theory in class today, the standard trolley case. Scenario A: there's a trolley heading for 5 people and it will kill those 5 people UNLESS you divert the trolly onto another track. However, there is 1 person standing on that other track and diverting its course would kill that 1 person. Do you divert the trolley to kill 1 and save 5?

Scenario B: There's a trolley heading for 5 people and it would kill those 5 people UNLESS you throw a fat man (yes, fat man ) onto the tracks to stop the trolley, thereby killing the fat man in the process. Do you kill the fat man to save the 5 people?

Most people say it's permissible to divert the trolley in the first scenario but not the second. I agree with most people on the second, but I wouldn't even divert the trolley in the first. I would feel too guilty. I would probably just do nothing.

Anyway, that's a long way of saying that I have an annoyingly strong guilty conscience, which is why I would feel mostly guilty if I knew my friends' secrets without their knowing. I'd probably tell them that I know at some point. What about you?
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #1189
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

sup?
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #1190
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

Sup Sam
#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #1191
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediBale View Post
Sup Sam
Old 12-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #1192
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Way to go to change the subject.
It was worth a try, wasn't it.

Quote:
I would feel guilty without a doubt. A part of me would enjoy it but the dominant feeling would be guilt.
So, the that leads on to my next question. Would you feel guilty knowing all the weird and wonderful secrets that I have, even if I knew you had access to the knowledge?

Quote:
We discussed some moral theory in class today, the standard trolley case. Scenario A: there's a trolley heading for 5 people and it will kill those 5 people UNLESS you divert the trolly onto another track. However, there is 1 person standing on that other track and diverting its course would kill that 1 person. Do you divert the trolley to kill 1 and save 5?
I would do nothing. I don't want to be responsible for someone dying. Even if it saves four lives, the one life that was taken was resulting from direction actions that I myself would have taken.

Quote:
Scenario B: There's a trolley heading for 5 people and it would kill those 5 people UNLESS you throw a fat man (yes, fat man ) onto the tracks to stop the trolley, thereby killing the fat man in the process. Do you kill the fat man to save the 5 people?
In this one, I wouldn't dare do anything. The way that the scenario has been worded and constructed seems to single out fat people as the the best type of people to sacrifice. It gives people the chance to exercise their prejudice.

Quote:
Most people say it's permissible to divert the trolley in the first scenario but not the second. I agree with most people on the second, but I wouldn't even divert the trolley in the first. I would feel too guilty. I would probably just do nothing.
Totally agree.

Quote:
Anyway, that's a long way of saying that I have an annoyingly strong guilty conscience, which is why I would feel mostly guilty if I knew my friends' secrets without their knowing. I'd probably tell them that I know at some point. What about you?
I feel really guilty sometimes. Like when I didn't vote for you in PopCon.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #1193
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

Have thumb in plaster
Old 12-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #1194
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Have thumb in plaster
uh oh, what happened to your thumb?
Old 12-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #1195
country flag IncrediBale

I have d*ck of classmate and he decide it is good idea to twist it...
Old 12-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #1196
country flag GOAT = Fed

Quote:
Have thumb in plaster
You seem happy about it
Old 12-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #1197
country flag IncrediBale

Cant be arsed to be angry
Old 12-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #1198
country flag GOAT = Fed

Quote:
Cant be arsed to be angry
That's the spirit!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #1199
country flag IncrediBale

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
That's the spirit!
Will you beat him up?DD
Old 12-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #1200
country flag GOAT = Fed

Quote:
Will you beat him up?DD
I thought you were strong enough