Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: featuring the 2012 PopCon winner and The Bulldog. - Page 70 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-30-2012, 12:07 AM   #1036
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediBale View Post
Slovakia? Well Czechs did us 3:0 in 6 mins last time we faced them and made ourselves look like clowns but I will still say Slovakia>Czezchs

Barca looks to have La Liga in bag..Ajax doing good in CL didnt expect them to be 3rd in their group tbh

Nah I dont you?
Oh I thought because you guys qualified for the WC 2010 and Czechs didn't you were in a good phase. Hamsik is definately better than Czech current top player.

Nah, not in the bag yet. 11 points is a lot but I'm not sure yet. I want us to win the CL again though! As for Ajax, highest achievable is EURO League but in that kind of a group that's quite an achievement.

No plans yet mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Javi

I'm not too bad thanks, just chipping away at some work, but really really struggling. How about you? You keeping okay?

I try to go and catch up with them every so often, but I spend too much time on MTF as it is. I'm active in too many threads, so I can't spend lots of time everywhere, unfortunately.
Georgolino!

Are you busy at the moment? Working or studying ... or both?

I know what you mean, I have the same thing but with forums in general. 3 is too hard to keep up with and MTF has been a little boring/annoying lately. I hope it will become a nice place again in 2013.

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 12:11 AM   #1037
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Yes. Also really looking forward to playing tennis in the heat again! It's crazy playing in like 3 degrees weather or something here. I played tonight and I was SO cold.
Yeah, that's Western Europe in Winter Time for you! How long are you staying back home for?

And do you have some new movies to recommend?

Quote:
Thanks for your sweet goodrep too. Can't believe you withdrew from PopCon. So many awesome posters aren't taking part - this is what I would call "seed inflation" (i.e. for me ).
No problems! You have been nothing but nice to me since we 'met' last year around Mr / Ms contest.
Nah, I don't enter any contest this year I guess. I haven't been around much the last couple of 6 months. Also not gonna defend my Mr MTF title

But I know what you mean. Some of the new posters ... I don't have any connection with them.

Quote:
You've never been to the UK? Well, you should definitely come to London!! I will still be here in 2013.
Never been there. Such a shame isn't it? I've been to Ireland though but that doesn't qualify as UK
If I visit, I'll let you know! And if we gonna hang out, you definately should switch your ass to party mode!

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:16 AM   #1038
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
Georgolino!

Are you busy at the moment? Working or studying ... or both?

I know what you mean, I have the same thing but with forums in general. 3 is too hard to keep up with and MTF has been a little boring/annoying lately. I hope it will become a nice place again in 2013.

Still studying, Javi. While to go yet, before I can leave it behind me for good.

Totally understand. I couldn't possibly balance three forums! Well truth be told, I do, but they are for completely different things to tennis. You are on TF and Tennis4You, right?

I hope it becomes good again, as well, but I haven't really been around for long, so it's tough for me to judge if standards have slipped.

Still going strong on the party front? Spending your nights wisely? Really you are having a blast and enjoying yourself!
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:39 AM   #1039
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That doesn't mean I'm opposed to the idea of going with you, too.
Really? With little ol' ME?

So who's the MTFer that you're going with or is this confidential info? Do I know the person at least?

Quote:
Maths is my strong point, so I don't see how we're that similar. I am very self-deprecating, but being arrogant would be such a problem, so I sort of feel like I have to pretend to be worse than I am. Yeah, this year I'm studying only subjects that I like and I am good at.
General similarities. Surely people see through your pretense? Are you doing A levels or something?

Quote:
Tomorrow I am meeting a load of boffins from Aston Martin, and pitching an idea to them. It's for a competition, the prize being a DB9, so I really want to do well. I'm nearly finished, but perhaps still have an hour of work to go.
What is a boffin and what's a DB9? A car? Well, you should get off MTF then! Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Quote:
I struggle to see these similarities. Obviously it's tough to tell over the internet, but I think you have a different mindset and personality to me, for sure.
Maybe, but I think we're quite similar in some ways too. Too tired to list them all but off the top of my head, the introvert thing and the temper losing thing.

Quote:
Family are the usual victims. That applies to me, too. Always learning from mistakes, that's how I approach personal matters like this.
Like I said, you're mature for your age.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:44 AM   #1040
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, that's Western Europe in Winter Time for you! How long are you staying back home for?
Nearly a month. Probably gonna go Taiwan to see my grandparents so I'll be spending a few days in Taiwanese winter, which is like autumn in London so I'm well-prepared.

Quote:
And do you have some new movies to recommend?
I haven't watched a lot of movies lately. The last one I watched was The Master which was...interesting. Really really really slow and I fell asleep a few times but it kind of stays with you. And Joaquin Phoenix was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. Do YOU have any movies to recommend?

Quote:
No problems! You have been nothing but nice to me since we 'met' last year around Mr / Ms contest.
Nah, I don't enter any contest this year I guess. I haven't been around much the last couple of 6 months. Also not gonna defend my Mr MTF title

But I know what you mean. Some of the new posters ... I don't have any connection with them.
Yeah you haven't been around much for sure. What have you been up to? Apart from partying that is. I remember you had a girlfriend...how's that going?

I think contests like Mr MTF and PopCon are things that you win once for the fun of it. No need to win it multiple times.

Quote:
Never been there. Such a shame isn't it? I've been to Ireland though but that doesn't qualify as UK
If I visit, I'll let you know! And if we gonna hang out, you definately should switch your ass to party mode!
How was Ireland? I wanna go. Yeah I'd expect nothing less than to be in party mode if we do hang out. Good news is, my coursemates party every Friday night so we'd be well-covered in that regard.

OKAY my head hurts. Off to bed.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:07 AM   #1041
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Exam went really well and I am leaving for my house tomorrow . The first result comes in 7th December But I always hope for the best

How is life in London Trip and Bulldog

And why do MU concede so many goals at the start
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #1042
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh I thought because you guys qualified for the WC 2010 and Czechs didn't you were in a good phase. Hamsik is definately better than Czech current top player.

Nah, not in the bag yet. 11 points is a lot but I'm not sure yet. I want us to win the CL again though! As for Ajax, highest achievable is EURO League but in that kind of a group that's quite an achievement.

No plans yet mate.
Madrid will shift focus on CL I think...I hope United can win back PL and snatch CL somehow
#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #1043
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the wimbledon final today and boy what a match that was Awesome quality match
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #1044
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

I think worst GS final quality wise this year..AO was far better same for USO
#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #1045
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Really? With little ol' ME?

So who's the MTFer that you're going with or is this confidential info? Do I know the person at least?
I would go with you, for sure.

That's confidential information, but I can give you a few clues. He's Spanish, loves Finland, is a challengers and futures nut & he has an MTF man-crush on the poster 'Lopez'.

Quote:
General similarities. Surely people see through your pretense? Are you doing A levels or something?
Of course they see through it. Yeah, I am doing A levels.

Quote:
What is a boffin and what's a DB9? A car? Well, you should get off MTF then! Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
A boffin is a nerdy person. A DB9 is a super cool Aston Martin model. Thanks, and it went well. I didn't win the the first prize, I was no where near to be honest. There were some really clever people competing, that I had no chance of beating, but I have been invited back to Aston Martin's HQ in Gaydon to tour, for a 'commendable effort'.

Quote:
Maybe, but I think we're quite similar in some ways too. Too tired to list them all but off the top of my head, the introvert thing and the temper losing thing.
Perhaps so. Obviously MTF personality is slightly different to real life. I have the benefit of knowing myself inside-out, but the hindrance of only knowing about you what I'm told, and vice-versa. I'm sure there are lots of similarities, and you have mentioned some big ones.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #1046
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Come on, trip! Singapore sweep, please
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #1047
country flag jonathancrane

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute

Poshwires to win the pop contest

I beat her last year and since I won't participate on this edition her title will have an asterisk
jonathancrane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #1048
country flag tripwires

Quote:
I would go with you, for sure.

That's confidential information, but I can give you a few clues. He's Spanish, loves Finland, is a challengers and futures nut & he has an MTF man-crush on the poster 'Lopez'.
You are so kind.

I don't know who it is but I think I have an idea based on one of arm's posts in the PopCon thread...

Quote:
Of course they see through it. Yeah, I am doing A levels.
What subjects are you doing? A Levels was when I was at my peak. Went downhill shortly after.

Quote:
A boffin is a nerdy person. A DB9 is a super cool Aston Martin model. Thanks, and it went well. I didn't win the the first prize, I was no where near to be honest. There were some really clever people competing, that I had no chance of beating, but I have been invited back to Aston Martin's HQ in Gaydon to tour, for a 'commendable effort'.
What did you have to do for the competiton? They were giving away a car? Sorry you didn't win, but the tour sounds really awesome.

Quote:
Perhaps so. Obviously MTF personality is slightly different to real life. I have the benefit of knowing myself inside-out, but the hindrance of only knowing about you what I'm told, and vice-versa. I'm sure there are lots of similarities, and you have mentioned some big ones.
Good point. I'm different in real life than MTF though. Well, I guess everyone is to some extent, but I definitely say some things on MTF that I wouldn't say in real life.

Okay is it just me or is winter right around the corner? It's been so cold the past few days.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #1049
country flag tripwires

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
Come on, trip! Singapore sweep, please
That's not up to me. Give me some tips, TF champ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Poshwires to win the pop contest

I beat her last year and since I won't participate on this edition her title will have an asterisk

Too much pressure. I'm gonna choke.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #1050
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care. Find a way to win. Don't make us lose face
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote