Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: featuring the 2012 PopCon winner and The Bulldog. - Page 69 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #1021
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

Yep with both.I hope Martin can rocket start 2013..and Peter collect ever more awards..he was 5th best according to some prestigous magazine cant remember name exactly..

what about you
#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #1022
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
Tripita

how long are you staying in London for?
New nickname.

I'll be here for a year for the Masters course, but I'm going back to Singapore in about 3 weeks for the winter break. Any plans to visit London?
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #1023
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
It's up to you to save tennis now. Are there any challengers in London, btw?
I would love to save tennis, but I'd much prefer to do something better with my life.

No is the answer to your question. There is Wimbledon qualies (at Roehampton), though, which is totally free. And there's a load of futures, also at Roehampton.

Quote:
You're useless to me then. Seriously, even my boyfriend said paying 700pounds for a ticket was too much, and he's the guy who is constantly redefining the word 'spendthrift'.
I'm useless to everyone, to be honest. I really need to address it, seriously.

It IS excessive, so don't do it. You could probably buy a return flight and ticket to Halle for much less. But there's nothing like seeing the GOAT at Wimbledon. I'm so fortunate to have done so.

Quote:
I think that's quite likely actually; it'll probably happen after I spend 5 minutes in Singapore.
Good. Signs are already there that you'll become an avid fan of British weather.

Quote:
Rain is always a downer. The wind is usually so strong that it flips my umbrella inside out (?). Majorly cold today though. I overslept this morning because it was so cold that I didn't want to get out of bed, and I was 20 minutes late for my favourite class.
I'm always late! The weather is depressing but in a nice way. You'll get used to it.

Quote:
My professor is so cute though. So happy I have another class with him next term.
Don't tell your boyfriend.

Quote:
You are nice to me.
I'm a nice person, but if I really don't like someone, I will outwardly show signs of dislike for them, in other words be mean to them. It rarely happens that way, and I'm generally very nice to everyone, especially ladies.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #1024
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Hello to Javi & Dom, btw!

Nice to see you in here!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #1025
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

My professor is so cute though. So happy I have another class with him next term.
Reminds me of that professor from your first law school that was sleeping with a student. This is what you are hoping this will lead to, right?

You can bang him and get better grades because of it. Win-win situation
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #1026
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Reminds me of that professor from your first law school that was sleeping with a student. This is what you are hoping this will lead to, right?

You can bang him and get better grades because of it. Win-win situation
You are SO sick!!!!! I'm totally cringing my face off right now.

How's it going, Smokey? I feel like I haven't talked to you in a reeeeally long time.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
Old 11-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #1027
country flag tripwires

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
I would love to save tennis, but I'd much prefer to do something better with my life.
What can be better than saving tennis?

Quote:
No is the answer to your question. There is Wimbledon qualies (at Roehampton), though, which is totally free. And there's a load of futures, also at Roehampton.
That's in London, yes? Great, I'll go for the Wimby qualies if I don't have exams.

Quote:
I'm useless to everyone, to be honest. I really need to address it, seriously.
For the avoidance of doubt, I was joking. Why do you say that though?

Quote:
It IS excessive, so don't do it. You could probably buy a return flight and ticket to Halle for much less. But there's nothing like seeing the GOAT at Wimbledon. I'm so fortunate to have done so.
I MUST see Roger at Wimbledon, so if I can't get the ticket via normal means, I'll have to camp overnight. I joined the British Tennis whatever to get into the ballot. Can I enter the public ballot and the British tennis whatever member ballot at the same time?

Halle is a good idea too...and there's Rotterdam as well. Omg I love Europe.

Quote:
Good. Signs are already there that you'll become an avid fan of British weather.
Exactly. What could be better than freezing in 5 degrees weather and getting caught in random bouts of rain with no umbrella and risking my umbrella being destroyed by the wind and looking out of the window at 4 pm to see total darkness? Love it.

Quote:
I'm always late! The weather is depressing but in a nice way. You'll get used to it.
It's not good being late! I hate being late but I'm always late too. Do you have trouble waking up in the morning since you sleep pretty late at night?

Quote:
Don't tell your boyfriend.
He's still the cutest out of all the cute guys in the world. Can I tell him that?

Quote:
I'm a nice person, but if I really don't like someone, I will outwardly show signs of dislike for them, in other words be mean to them. It rarely happens that way, and I'm generally very nice to everyone, especially ladies.
Good to know. I'm the same too, so I totally know what you mean. I won't go out of my way to pretend to be nice to someone that I don't like. Usually I just ignore them, but if I have to deal with them I'll be polite but not overcompensate, you know?
Old 11-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #1028
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediBale View Post
Yep with both.I hope Martin can rocket start 2013..and Peter collect ever more awards..he was 5th best according to some prestigous magazine cant remember name exactly..

what about you
Hopefully. In football they are equal to or greater than Czech Rep these days aren't they?

Barça plays Alaves tonight for the Copa, Ajax isn't doing that well in the League.
Hopefully Contador can snatch the Tour next year, and Fed will have a good year again

any plans for NYE mate?

Quote:
New nickname.

I'll be here for a year for the Masters course, but I'm going back to Singapore in about 3 weeks for the winter break. Any plans to visit London?
Of course! I had to be creative and give you my own nick . Thanks for the grep by the way.
Ah, excited about seeing the parents/friends again?

I want to visit London so bad but I didn't have the time or it just didn't end up that way, you know?
Almost have visited all the European countries but although I'm just 200km away from UK, I've never been there.
It's on my list in 2013!

Quote:
Hello to Javi & Dom, btw!

Nice to see you in here!
Sup Georgy? Do you still visit the Castle oftenly?

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #1029
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hopefully. In football they are equal to or greater than Czech Rep these days aren't they?

Barça plays Alaves tonight for the Copa, Ajax isn't doing that well in the League.
Hopefully Contador can snatch the Tour next year, and Fed will have a good year again

any plans for NYE mate?
Slovakia? Well Czechs did us 3:0 in 6 mins last time we faced them and made ourselves look like clowns but I will still say Slovakia>Czezchs

Barca looks to have La Liga in bag..Ajax doing good in CL didnt expect them to be 3rd in their group tbh

Nah I dont you?
#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #1030
country flag The Prince

Quote:
What can be better than saving tennis?
Saving the economy.

Quote:
That's in London, yes? Great, I'll go for the Wimby qualies if I don't have exams.
I will be going to that, and Eastbourne which is on the same week. Assuming I don't have exams and I can bunk off school fir a couple of days.

Quote:
For the avoidance of doubt, I was joking. Why do you say that though?
I know you were, but too many people say it too me seriously in real life. I go through spells of underachieving, just as I go through spells of personal triumph.

Quote:
I MUST see Roger at Wimbledon, so if I can't get the ticket via normal means, I'll have to camp overnight. I joined the British Tennis whatever to get into the ballot. Can I enter the public ballot and the British tennis whatever member ballot at the same time?
I don't know. I get all my tickets through my tennis club. So I've never bothered with the ballot.

Quote:
Halle is a good idea too...and there's Rotterdam as well. Omg I love Europe.
I can't wait to leave school. I will be visiting tournaments abroad loads.

Quote:
Exactly. What could be better than freezing in 5 degrees weather and getting caught in random bouts of rain with no umbrella and risking my umbrella being destroyed by the wind and looking out of the window at 4 pm to see total darkness? Love it.
The crappy weather makes everything else stand out as being good. It's useful for something.

Quote:
It's not good being late! I hate being late but I'm always late too. Do you have trouble waking up in the morning since you sleep pretty late at night?
Yeah, I know it's bad. Exactly, I have trouble waking up, or maybe not that, but physically getting out of bed is a struggle, due to so little sleep.

Quote:
He's still the cutest out of all the cute guys in the world. Can I tell him that?
Your relationship, dear. Your choice. Not mine.

Quote:
Good to know. I'm the same too, so I totally know what you mean. I won't go out of my way to pretend to be nice to someone that I don't like. Usually I just ignore them, but if I have to deal with them I'll be polite but not overcompensate, you know?
Yeah, I try to. However I meet a lot of people like Freakyman in real life, who just bug me, so I have to tell them to go away. I try to start off polite, too. Sometimes I get really angry, though. That's in the past, though, I hope.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #1031
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Sup Georgy? Do you still visit the Castle oftenly?
Javi

I'm not too bad thanks, just chipping away at some work, but really really struggling. How about you? You keeping okay?

I try to go and catch up with them every so often, but I spend too much time on MTF as it is. I'm active in too many threads, so I can't spend lots of time everywhere, unfortunately.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #1032
country flag tripwires

Quote:

Of course! I had to be creative and give you my own nick . Thanks for the grep by the way.
Ah, excited about seeing the parents/friends again?
Yes. Also really looking forward to playing tennis in the heat again! It's crazy playing in like 3 degrees weather or something here. I played tonight and I was SO cold.

Thanks for your sweet goodrep too. Can't believe you withdrew from PopCon. So many awesome posters aren't taking part - this is what I would call "seed inflation" (i.e. for me ).

Quote:
I want to visit London so bad but I didn't have the time or it just didn't end up that way, you know?
Almost have visited all the European countries but although I'm just 200km away from UK, I've never been there.
It's on my list in 2013!
You've never been to the UK? Well, you should definitely come to London!! I will still be here in 2013.

Quote:
Saving the economy.
By doing what?

Quote:
I will be going to that, and Eastbourne which is on the same week. Assuming I don't have exams and I can bunk off school fir a couple of days.
Omg, we can go together.

Quote:
I know you were, but too many people say it too me seriously in real life. I go through spells of underachieving, just as I go through spells of personal triumph.
At least you balance the bad spells out with good ones. I'm a perennial underachiever. You're still a baby so you can definitely strive to underachieve less and achieve more.

Quote:
I can't wait to leave school. I will be visiting tournaments abroad loads.
Do you go to any of the European tournaments?
Quote:
Yeah, I know it's bad. Exactly, I have trouble waking up, or maybe not that, but physically getting out of bed is a struggle, due to so little sleep.
Yeah, me too. I forced myself to wake up at 8.30 this morning to finish my crappy Kant essay and I slept at 4 a.m. because I was trying to finish it. It was hell. I am so tired now. And I just came back from social tennis.

Quote:
Yeah, I try to. However I meet a lot of people like Freakyman in real life, who just bug me, so I have to tell them to go away. I try to start off polite, too. Sometimes I get really angry, though. That's in the past, though, I hope.
You tell them to go away? Really? You are feistier (is this a word?) than I had thought. Do you lose your temper at annoying people? Doesn't it get awkward?
Old 11-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #1033
country flag The Prince

Quote:
By doing what?
If I knew how, I wouldn't be talking to you. I'd be lying on a beach in the Bahamas counting my multi-million bonus.

Quote:
Omg, we can go together.
I already might be going with another MTFer to Wimbledon qualies, depending on exams for both of us!

Quote:
At least you balance the bad spells out with good ones. I'm a perennial underachiever. You're still a baby so you can definitely strive to underachieve less and achieve more.
You always underachieve and ended up doing a masters at LSE? You must be amongst the most talented people in the world.

Yeah, I balance the good with the bad. There's no middle ground. Today one of my friends pointed it out. She said to me that I never get B grades, I either do very well and get As or do badly and get Cs (or worse). She's right, as always.

I am a pretty big baby, then.

Quote:
Do you go to any of the European tournaments?
Never been. Well I went to the Doha tournament, apparently, when I was about three years-old. I can't remember it at all, so it doesn't count if I'm honest.

Quote:
Yeah, me too. I forced myself to wake up at 8.30 this morning to finish my crappy Kant essay and I slept at 4 a.m. because I was trying to finish it. It was hell. I am so tired now. And I just came back from social tennis.
Tomorrow is probably one of the biggest days for me in quite a while, but I'm going to get so little sleep. Partly because my body clock is messed up, partly because I need to stay up and finish preparing for it. It didn't help that I had a doctor's appointment to break up my evening.

Quote:
You tell them to go away? Really? You are feistier (is this a word?) than I had thought. Do you lose your temper at annoying people? Doesn't it get awkward?
I appreciate my own company, or the company of a few people who are quiet and respectful. If someone who's annoying keeps trying to get my attention, I tell them nicely to go away, then it might get nastier.

Yeah, I lose my temper sometimes. It's my father's main trait, so I blame him. I obviously inherited it from him.

I've learned to really control it recently, and hardly ever lose it. When I do, it's usually because I'm very tired, and its the only way to make myself heard.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #1034
country flag tripwires

Quote:
If I knew how, I wouldn't be talking to you. I'd be lying on a beach in the Bahamas counting my multi-million bonus.
Nice day dream.

Quote:
I already might be going with another MTFer to Wimbledon qualies, depending on exams for both of us!
Who? I don't think I can find anyone into tennis enough to go for qualies in my real life. I can always find people to go stalk Roger with me though.

Quote:
You always underachieve and ended up doing a masters at LSE? You must be amongst the most talented people in the world.
Okay you have a point there, but it's also important to remember that I am from Singapore, the land of overachievers. Doing a Masters here is impressive, but it's not the holy grail. People go to Oxford and Cambridge and Harvard, etc all the time. I got rejected by Cambridge twice. Do you see what I mean now?

Quote:
Yeah, I balance the good with the bad. There's no middle ground. Today one of my friends pointed it out. She said to me that I never get B grades, I either do very well and get As or do badly and get Cs (or worse). She's right, as always.
Same. My A Levels were AAAC (C for maths of course). I'm starting to suspect you're my double account. But seriously, this means that you know what you like and are good at, so you can focus on your strengths, no? That's how it is for me at least, in a way.

Quote:
Never been. Well I went to the Doha tournament, apparently, when I was about three years-old. I can't remember it at all, so it doesn't count if I'm honest.
Doha at age 3? Pretty random. You should go to the European ones since they're so close to you. I never had the chance to go anywhere except Australia cos everything else was so far.

Quote:
Tomorrow is probably one of the biggest days for me in quite a while, but I'm going to get so little sleep. Partly because my body clock is messed up, partly because I need to stay up and finish preparing for it. It didn't help that I had a doctor's appointment to break up my evening.
What's happening tomorrow? You'd better go to bed then. Read something boring if you can't get to sleep.

Quote:
I appreciate my own company, or the company of a few people who are quiet and respectful. If someone who's annoying keeps trying to get my attention, I tell them nicely to go away, then it might get nastier.

Yeah, I lose my temper sometimes. It's my father's main trait, so I blame him. I obviously inherited it from him.

I've learned to really control it recently, and hardly ever lose it. When I do, it's usually because I'm very tired, and its the only way to make myself heard.
Seriously...this is freaky. I blame my parents (yes, both of them) for my bad temper too because it's one of their defining traits. Are we the same person?

I usually lose my temper more with my family and boyfriend though; I'm just really non-confrontational. Oh, and service people when I think they're being incompetent. Not so much anymore. It's good that you've brought it under control. It leads to a lot of unnecessary hurt feelings and resentments.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #1035
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Who? I don't think I can find anyone into tennis enough to go for qualies in my real life. I can always find people to go stalk Roger with me though.
That doesn't mean I'm opposed to the idea of going with you, too.

Quote:
Okay you have a point there, but it's also important to remember that I am from Singapore, the land of overachievers. Doing a Masters here is impressive, but it's not the holy grail. People go to Oxford and Cambridge and Harvard, etc all the time. I got rejected by Cambridge twice. Do you see what I mean now?
Yes, I do. You obviously have high standards for yourself, something that we don't have in common.

Quote:
Same. My A Levels were AAAC (C for maths of course). I'm starting to suspect you're my double account. But seriously, this means that you know what you like and are good at, so you can focus on your strengths, no? That's how it is for me at least, in a way.
Maths is my strong point, so I don't see how we're that similar. I am very self-deprecating, but being arrogant would be such a problem, so I sort of feel like I have to pretend to be worse than I am. Yeah, this year I'm studying only subjects that I like and I am good at.

Quote:
Doha at age 3? Pretty random. You should go to the European ones since they're so close to you. I never had the chance to go anywhere except Australia cos everything else was so far.
I used to live in Qatar. That's why.

Yeah, I will start travelling to them as soon as I have the money to do so.

Quote:
What's happening tomorrow? You'd better go to bed then. Read something boring if you can't get to sleep.
Tomorrow I am meeting a load of boffins from Aston Martin, and pitching an idea to them. It's for a competition, the prize being a DB9, so I really want to do well. I'm nearly finished, but perhaps still have an hour of work to go.

Quote:
Seriously...this is freaky. I blame my parents (yes, both of them) for my bad temper too because it's one of their defining traits. Are we the same person?
I struggle to see these similarities. Obviously it's tough to tell over the internet, but I think you have a different mindset and personality to me, for sure.

Quote:
I usually lose my temper more with my family and boyfriend though; I'm just really non-confrontational. Oh, and service people when I think they're being incompetent. Not so much anymore. It's good that you've brought it under control. It leads to a lot of unnecessary hurt feelings and resentments.
Family are the usual victims. That applies to me, too. Always learning from mistakes, that's how I approach personal matters like this.