Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: featuring the 2012 PopCon winner and The Bulldog. - Page 63 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-25-2012, 01:03 AM   #931
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
I hope so.
I really think that certain situations will force you out of your shell.

Quote:
There will be many different ones in central London. I suggest you google it if you have any interest in attending. It might have happened already, though. When I say celebrity, my small town will get the local pantomime star to do it. Central London will probably end up getting people like Alan Carr and Adele to do theirs.
Actually the only bona fide celebrity that I'm interested in is Roger...and who's Alan Carr? Nah, not really into Christmas and crowds. I come close to a heart attack when I go to Oxford street on a Friday and I avoid it like the plague on weekends. Take some pictures of your light up day.

Quote:
You will be proved wrong in due course.
I am always right.
Quote:
I am the worst (as in I'm not very good at it, not that I do it at all often) liar in the world, as well. There's evidence of it above with the camera point.
I'm a shitty liar too. It's a good thing - the world needs more genuine people like us.

Quote:
Why are you so desperate? And I knew the smart arse in you would point out to me that it is now technically 'tomorrow'.

Okay, I would post it if I could, but I'm on my iPad right now, in bed, soon to be in a deep sleep. This afternoon I will share it, I promise. Is that good enough?
I'm not desperate; just curious. As always, I will hold you to your promise.
Quote:
I'm feeling those melancholy vibes and it's making me feel bad. Maybe I won't run away, then.
Of course. My self-esteem would take a massive beating if someone ran away from me.

Quote:
He's still around, I talk to him every so often on twitter, and he posts on some of the other threads. No idea why he doesn't come here anymore. Maybe because Kat exterminated the football talk from this thread?
Kat doesn't come here either. Maybe our posts are too long and wordy.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 04:18 AM   #932
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He's still around, I talk to him every so often on twitter, and he posts on some of the other threads. No idea why he doesn't come here anymore. Maybe because Kat exterminated the football talk from this thread?
Noooo wasn't my intention to get rid of Dom... or the football talk, really; I was just giving my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
pretty much
Old 11-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #933
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I really think that certain situations will force you out of your shell.
I hope so. (I've said that already, right?)

Quote:
Actually the only bona fide celebrity that I'm interested in is Roger...and who's Alan Carr? Nah, not really into Christmas and crowds. I come close to a heart attack when I go to Oxford street on a Friday and I avoid it like the plague on weekends. Take some pictures of your light up day.
Just Roger, eh?

Alan Carr is a gay comedian. He's all over the television with his talk show and various other comedy programmes. He's annoying as hell, though. It's a good thing that you don't know who he is.

I can't be bothered to take pictures of it, it's an overhyped day in the local calendar, anyway.

Quote:
I am always right.
Clearly not…

You incorrectly said that I was clever.

Quote:
I'm a shitty liar too. It's a good thing - the world needs more genuine people like us.
There are some situations where I wish I was a good liar.

Quote:
I'm not desperate; just curious. As always, I will hold you to your promise.
You are a shitty liar indeed. Of course you are desperate.

Quote:
Of course. My self-esteem would take a massive beating if someone ran away from me.
Mine would as well, so let's agree not to run away.

Quote:
It's a shame. However I think you're right, our posts are too long. They are more akin to love letters than posts on a tennis forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Noooo wasn't my intention to get rid of Dom... or the football talk, really; I was just giving my opinion.
I'm sure he'll come back. Not your fault, anyway. I was kidding.

Quote:
pretty much
They are too long. I know.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #934
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

these multi quotes

I need time to read these which I will get on thursday
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #935
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Slightly less than a month. Can't wait to sweat under the hot sun while playing tennis again.
I sweat under the cold weather here !!! In the summer it gets about 100x worse, very bad.

Quote:
Yeah tell me about it. Can't believe it's week 8 next week. Some of my courses are almost over.
Yeah time has just flown past.

To me it seems like the older you get, the more faster time goes

Quote:
We will always have each other, Sam.

Why is this a sobbing matter?

Quote:
That's really helpful.
Maybe we should take the opinion of other Vlove members!!!!
Quote:
My integration to the fold more than makes up for the fallen comrades, no?
Yes of course it does Bulldog, especially with your intellectual prowess.

Quote:
How wude you are.
*rude

BTW where's Dom?
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #936
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Compensate for his absence by sticking around.

Quote:
pretty much
Oops. I will try to shorten my posts when I talk to George.

Quote:
Just Roger, eh?

Alan Carr is a gay comedian. He's all over the television with his talk show and various other comedy programmes. He's annoying as hell, though. It's a good thing that you don't know who he is.
Roger and Julian Barnes. I check his website nearly every day in hopes of seeing news about a public apperance so that I can see him (JB) in person but alas, to no avail. Hope he publishes a new novel when I'm in London and goes on a book tour so that I can see him. I might die if that ever happens.

So Alan Carr is big in the UK? We don't get much pop culture from the UK in Singapore/Asia; the only few that I've heard of or watched are like, The Office (love ), Downton Abbey and X-Factor. That's probably why I don't know Alan Carr. I don't have a TV anymore.

Quote:
I can't be bothered to take pictures of it, it's an overhyped day in the local calendar, anyway.

Quote:
Clearly not…

You incorrectly said that I was clever.
If I'm always right (which I am), I was right when I said that you are clever.

Quote:
There are some situations where I wish I was a good liar.
Like what?

Quote:
You are a shitty liar indeed. Of course you are desperate.
You didn't keep your promise.

Quote:
Mine would as well, so let's agree not to run away.
Deal.
Quote:
It's a shame. However I think you're right, our posts are too long. They are more akin to love letters than posts on a tennis forum.
Love letters. I'd say that we are people that put effort into our posts. Okay I really tried to shorten this but I guess I didn't really succeed.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
Old 11-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #937
country flag tripwires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
these multi quotes

I need time to read these which I will get on thursday
Sorry. What's happening on Thursday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
I sweat under the cold weather here !!! In the summer it gets about 100x worse, very bad.
You mean when you play tennis or in general? I played singles for about 45 minutes today and didn't sweat at all. AT ALL. Is there something wrong with me? I wish I would sweat so that I'd feel like I've done something... Can't wait for summer.

Quote:
Yeah time has just flown past.

To me it seems like the older you get, the more faster time goes
"More faster"? That totally reminds me of home - common mistake that Singaporeans make. But yeah, I do think that time seems to fly by when you're older...probably cos there's no turning back anymore and it seems more stark cos you're older.

Quote:

Why is this a sobbing matter?
Um I don't know. It seemed like the appropriate emoticon at the time.

Quote:
Maybe we should take the opinion of other Vlove members!!!!
Okay.

Guys, what do you think we should do to celebrate the one-year anniversay of this thread?

Quote:
BTW where's Dom?
I asked this already and George answered. Clearly you weren't paying attention.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #938
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Roger and Julian Barnes. I check his website nearly every day in hopes of seeing news about a public apperance so that I can see him (JB) in person but alas, to no avail. Hope he publishes a new novel when I'm in London and goes on a book tour so that I can see him. I might die if that ever happens.
If he does publish something, he's bound to appear at Waterstones in Piccadilly Circus. All the big authors do signing sessions and presentations there.

Quote:
So Alan Carr is big in the UK? We don't get much pop culture from the UK in Singapore/Asia; the only few that I've heard of or watched are like, The Office (love ), Downton Abbey and X-Factor. That's probably why I don't know Alan Carr. I don't have a TV anymore.
Alan Carr is an idiot. You are lucky if he's never graced television in Singapore.

Quote:
Like what?
It would leave a bad impression of myself if I were to tell you.

Quote:
You didn't keep your promise.
Hold on a few minutes.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #939
country flag The Prince

I think in celebration of a year in this thread, we should get rid of it.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #940
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

Im just stalking
#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #941
country flag tripwires

Quote:
If he does publish something, he's bound to appear at Waterstones in Piccadilly Circus. All the big authors do signing sessions and presentations there.
He did just publish a collection of essays earlier this month but there wasn't any news of any appearances. Where's this Waterstones in PC? I've been in and through PC but never saw it.

Quote:
It would leave a bad impression of myself if I were to tell you.
You should know by now that I don't judge.

Quote:
Hold on a few minutes.
Lies and more lies. Lied about being a bad liar.

Quote:
I think in celebration of a year in this thread, we should get rid of it.
Worst idea ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediBale View Post
Im just stalking
Stop stalking and start talking.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #942
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #943
country flag The Prince

trips, the problem is that the photos are so bad.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #944
country flag The Prince

Quote:
He did just publish a collection of essays earlier this month but there wasn't any news of any appearances. Where's this Waterstones in PC? I've been in and through PC but never saw it.
Google is a bloody useful tool, in case you didn't know.

Quote:
You should know by now that I don't judge.
As if. Anyone who heard these things would think I'm the coldest person on earth,

Quote:
Lies and more lies. Lied about being a bad liar.
The photos are terrible, though.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #945
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You mean when you play tennis or in general? I played singles for about 45 minutes today and didn't sweat at all. AT ALL. Is there something wrong with me? I wish I would sweat so that I'd feel like I've done something... Can't wait for summer.
Wgeb I play tennis. Even in cold weather I sweat like a pig . Obviously this is talking figuratively because in reality pigs do not even sweat!

Quote:
"More faster"? That totally reminds me of home - common mistake that Singaporeans make. But yeah, I do think that time seems to fly by when you're older...probably cos there's no turning back anymore and it seems more stark cos you're older.
Lol it's always a mistake my friends call me out on. I can't help it

And is it sad that I always think about about the past already at 20?!?

Actually that's probably a good thing since I'm already having a mid life crisis at such a young age

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediBale View Post
Im just stalking
YAYYYYY you've come out of hibernation
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote