Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: featuring the 2012 PopCon winner and The Bulldog. - Page 62 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #916
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
I'm planning to start on my essays today.

Half the day is almost gone and I haven't done anything yet. Waking up at 1 pm probably didn't help.
Essay day is always Sunday. Saturday is the designated relaxation day.

I woke up at 2pm on Friday, because I had the day off. And because of that, I didn't get to sleep until 6am this morning. I got woken at 10am this morning by my brother who wanted to borrow my phone. So I'm pretty sleepy.

Quote:
Do you intend to work on your fitness then? Exercising for the sake of exercising is a real bore though.
Haha, no. I'm not bothered that I'm a little bit unfit. I'm not chubby at all, just I don't have a pound of muscle on my body, really. I kind of hate that 'hit the gym after work every day' attitude, though. What's the point?

Quote:
Haha I'm quite shy in real life too. You sound like me a bit. I get these mega anti-social days when I don't want to talk to anyone and I'm happy being by myself the whole day. Being mature doesn't mean you can't do childish things once in a while.
We shall see who is more shy!

Quote:
Winter clothing is bulky, no? I hate wearing multiple layers.
Yeah, but I don't take ten minutes to put one layer on like women do.

Quote:
I checked it a few nights ago and it seemed okay, so let's do that.
It's up to you to remember nearer the time. I possess a poor memory.

Quote:
Yeah but I couldn't just reply frivolously, right? talking to you requires me to use my brain always.
Corrected for you.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #917
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Essay day is always Sunday. Saturday is the designated relaxation day.
Not when you have two essays due and one of them is about Immanuel Kant's concept of freedom or whatever.

Quote:
I woke up at 2pm on Friday, because I had the day off. And because of that, I didn't get to sleep until 6am this morning. I got woken at 10am this morning by my brother who wanted to borrow my phone. So I'm pretty sleepy.
I thought I was bad enough waking up at 1. You win. It's such a sleepy day though - all dark and gloomy and cold and rainy. Had to force myself to go out to buy milk.

Quote:
Haha, no. I'm not bothered that I'm a little bit unfit. I'm not chubby at all, just I don't have a pound of muscle on my body, really. I kind of hate that 'hit the gym after work every day' attitude, though. What's the point?
I love how some people hit the gym after work every day and are still not fit. Like, what have they been doing in the gym? It's hard to stay in shape when you're working though. I put on a fair bit of weight when I started working cos I just sat at my desk all the time, so I really had to make time for exercising. But I'm quite obsessed with not putting on weight, so if you're happy with the way you are, there's no reason to change anything.

Quote:
We shall see who is more shy!
What if we're both too shy to say anything?
Quote:
Yeah, but I don't take ten minutes to put one layer on like women do.
The innermost layer is the easiest part. Nobody notices what guys wear anyway so it doesn't matter for you.

Quote:
It's up to you to remember nearer the time. I possess a poor memory.
Don't worry, I will remember it. I bookmarked the original post as well.

Quote:
Corrected for you.
You wish.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #918
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Wombat View Post
I've heard that this is a British hubs, so I would like to ask a question:

What is the popular phrase the young English lads are saying these days?

Blimey? Codswallop? Merlin's beard? You're off your rocker?
Never heard 'codswallap' and 'merlin's beard'. Sam, George - what do those phrases mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
It's going fine, thanks. Just waiting for Christmas holidays now. Still 3 weeks to go

Wheb is the one year anniversary of this thread?

We should all do something special for it
3 weeks till I go home.

I have no idea when the anniversary is. Sure we can do something special. Any suggestions?
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
Old 11-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #919
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not when you have two essays due and one of them is about Immanuel Kant's concept of freedom or whatever.
How far have you got, so far? I have no idea what Kant's theory of freedom is…

Quote:
I thought I was bad enough waking up at 1. You win. It's such a sleepy day though - all dark and gloomy and cold and rainy. Had to force myself to go out to buy milk.
I am a teenager, so I'm excused, I think. It's absurd that an adult of your advanced age would even think to do that. You are a student, though.

Quote:
I love how some people hit the gym after work every day and are still not fit. Like, what have they been doing in the gym? It's hard to stay in shape when you're working though. I put on a fair bit of weight when I started working cos I just sat at my desk all the time, so I really had to make time for exercising. But I'm quite obsessed with not putting on weight, so if you're happy with the way you are, there's no reason to change anything.
Those people who hit the gym just spend time sitting on the benches, believing they are 'working out' but in reality they aren't.

I'm happy just the way I am, looks-wise.

Quote:
What if we're both too shy to say anything?
That's likely to happen! And if it does, I say we just run away in opposite directions.

Quote:
The innermost layer is the easiest part. Nobody notices what guys wear anyway so it doesn't matter for you.
Fashion.

Quote:
Don't worry, I will remember it. I bookmarked the original post as well.

Quote:
You wish.
Admit it, you find it incredibly intellectually stimulating to talk to a smart chap such as myself. You always need your brain switched on to respond to me.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #920
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

These multi-quotes

So hard to follow

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #921
country flag tripwires

Quote:
How far have you got, so far? I have no idea what Kant's theory of freedom is…
Still haven't done anything the whole day. Washed some clothes though. That counts as being productive, right?

Quote:
I am a teenager, so I'm excused, I think. It's absurd that an adult of your advanced age would even think to do that. You are a student, though.
My advanced age. It's totally normal to wake up at 12 or 1. I can't understand how people wake up at like, 8 or something for fun.

Quote:
I'm happy just the way I am, looks-wise.
That reminds me - where's the pic of your new haircut?
Quote:
That's likely to happen! And if it does, I say we just run away in opposite directions.
I will make sure that doesn't happen.

Quote:
Admit it, you find it incredibly intellectually stimulating to talk to a smart chap such as myself. You always need your brain switched on to respond to me.
Totally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
These multi-quotes

So hard to follow
Hello. Nice of you to stop by, Mr TF PopCon Winner.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #922
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

3 weeks till I go home.
For how long?

And mind is shattered at how quick this term has gone.

Quote:
I have no idea when the anniversary is.
Well I think it was late DEcember/Early January.

Many of the original Vlovers have abandoned us since

Quote:
Sure we can do something special. Any suggestions?
hmm, yeah, that's a pretty good question to which I have no answer

Quote:
Erm.......

GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #923
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
These multi-quotes

So hard to follow
Silverwhite, how's it going?

Quote:
Still haven't done anything the whole day. Washed some clothes though. That counts as being productive, right?
That's more productive than I've been.

Quote:
My advanced age. It's totally normal to wake up at 12 or 1. I can't understand how people wake up at like, 8 or something for fun.
Waking up at noon is great. Just a shame that I have folks at home to yell at me if I do.

You could be a lot older, if it makes you feel better…

Quote:
That reminds me - where's the pic of your new haircut?
I assumed you'd lost interest, rather wisely, so I deleted the photographs.

Quote:
I will make sure that doesn't happen.
You will try.

Quote:
Totally.
My sarcasm is less imperceptible than I thought.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #924
country flag tripwires

Quote:
For how long?

And mind is shattered at how quick this term has gone.
Slightly less than a month. Can't wait to sweat under the hot sun while playing tennis again.

Yeah tell me about it. Can't believe it's week 8 next week. Some of my courses are almost over.

Quote:
Well I think it was late DEcember/Early January.

We will always have each other, Sam.

Quote:
hmm, yeah, that's a pretty good question to which I have no answer
That's really helpful.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #925
country flag tripwires

Quote:
That's more productive than I've been.
What have you done the whole day?
Quote:

Waking up at noon is great. Just a shame that I have folks at home to yell at me if I do.
Just yell back at them and go back to bed. A growing boy needs his beauty sleep.

You so mean.

Quote:
I assumed you'd lost interest, rather wisely, so I deleted the photographs.
What a poor assumption. You can always take new ones. Come on, I'm waiting.

Quote:
You will try.
And succeed.

Quote:
My sarcasm is less imperceptible than I thought.
I'm confused by the double negative. So were you intending to be sarcastic or not?
Old 11-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #926
country flag The Prince

Quote:
My integration to the fold more than makes up for the fallen comrades, no?

Quote:
Erm.......

How wude you are.

Quote:
What have you done the whole day?
Nothing, really nothing. It's been raining, so I have an excuse. Tomorrow is Christmas lights switch on day over here, though, so I will go out for that.

Quote:
Just yell back at them and go back to bed. A growing boy needs his beauty sleep.
I already do that, to great success, I may add.

Quote:

You so mean.
Well done for taking six months to finally work out that I am mean and nasty.

Quote:
What a poor assumption. You can always take new ones. Come on, I'm waiting.
My camera is broken…

Quote:
And succeed.
I will succeed in stopping you from running away.

Quote:
I'm confused by the double negative. So were you intending to be sarcastic or not?
Well, let me ask you, do you honestly think I am that intellectually stimulating to converse with? Obviously not…
Old 11-24-2012, 10:25 PM   #927
country flag tripwires

Quote:
My integration to the fold more than makes up for the fallen comrades, no?
Yes.

You are such a social butterfly though. You are everywhere in the chat threads.

Quote:
Nothing, really nothing. It's been raining, so I have an excuse. Tomorrow is Christmas lights switch on day over here, though, so I will go out for that.
What happens during Christmas lights switch on day?
Quote:
I already do that, to great success, I may add.
Clever boy.

Quote:
Well done for taking six months to finally work out that I am mean and nasty.
You try so hard but I will always see right through you.

Quote:
My camera is broken…
Worst excuse ever.

Come onnnnn. Pic!

Quote:
I will succeed in stopping you from running away.
I'm more afraid you would want to run away.

Quote:
Well, let me ask you, do you honestly think I am that intellectually stimulating to converse with? Obviously not…
and I gave you so much credit.

Actually, I was being sarcastic too.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #928
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Yes.

You are such a social butterfly though. You are everywhere in the chat threads.
If only I was a social butterfly IRL.

Quote:
What happens during Christmas lights switch on day?
Well every town gets their lights switched on at some point. They usually make a small carnival out of the day and get celebrities in to switch on the town's Christmas lights. It's a bit naff, but good fun.

Quote:
Clever boy.
I am not clever.

Quote:
You try so hard but I will always see right through you.
Everyone sees right through me. I'm easy to read.

Quote:
Worst excuse ever.

Come onnnnn. Pic!
Come back tomorrow and ask. Maybe I will oblige then.

Quote:
I'm more afraid you would want to run away.
I'm not ruling it out.

Quote:
and I gave you so much credit.

Actually, I was being sarcastic too.
Were you? I'm too tired to detect sarcasm in written form…
Old 11-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #929
country flag tripwires

Quote:
If only I was a social butterfly IRL.
You'll probably become more out-going as you get older. I was really super shy when I was younger, around your age, and going to uni and working definitely brought me out of my shell a lot.

Quote:
Well every town gets their lights switched on at some point. They usually make a small carnival out of the day and get celebrities in to switch on the town's Christmas lights. It's a bit naff, but good fun.
That's so cute. I'm guessing there's nothing of that sort in central London? Who's the celebrity gracing your town?

Quote:
I am not clever.
Yes you are.
Quote:
Everyone sees right through me. I'm easy to read.
That is true.

Quote:
Come back tomorrow and ask. Maybe I will oblige then.

Hey look, it's 12.13 which means it's "tomorrow" already. Post it!

Quote:
I'm not ruling it out.

Quote:
Were you? I'm too tired to detect sarcasm in written form…
Hehe yeah, I was mainly being sarcastic in a bid to match your tone.

Where's Bale these days?
Old 11-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #930
country flag The Prince

Quote:
You'll probably become more out-going as you get older. I was really super shy when I was younger, around your age, and going to uni and working definitely brought me out of my shell a lot.
I hope so.

Quote:
That's so cute. I'm guessing there's nothing of that sort in central London? Who's the celebrity gracing your town?
There will be many different ones in central London. I suggest you google it if you have any interest in attending. It might have happened already, though. When I say celebrity, my small town will get the local pantomime star to do it. Central London will probably end up getting people like Alan Carr and Adele to do theirs.

Quote:
Yes you are.
You will be proved wrong in due course.

Quote:
That is true.
I am the worst (as in I'm not very good at it, not that I do it at all often) liar in the world, as well. There's evidence of it above with the camera point.

Quote:

Hey look, it's 12.13 which means it's "tomorrow" already. Post it!
Why are you so desperate? And I knew the smart arse in you would point out to me that it is now technically 'tomorrow'.

Okay, I would post it if I could, but I'm on my iPad right now, in bed, soon to be in a deep sleep. This afternoon I will share it, I promise. Is that good enough?

Quote:
I'm feeling those melancholy vibes and it's making me feel bad. Maybe I won't run away, then.

Quote:
Hehe yeah, I was mainly being sarcastic in a bid to match your tone.
You won, then.

Quote:
Where's Bale these days?
He's still around, I talk to him every so often on twitter, and he posts on some of the other threads. No idea why he doesn't come here anymore. Maybe because Kat exterminated the football talk from this thread?