Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: featuring the 2012 PopCon winner and The Bulldog. - Page 61 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #901
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
I love essays, but I haven't written one in three years and I feel like I can't do it anymore.
You'll get the hang of it!

Quote:
You two are truly cut from the same cloth. What other sports does he do?
His main sports are rugby and field hockey. But he's big on his running, he runs lots of marathons and 10ks. He's much fitter than I am, but when we play tennis, I have the upper hand because I have superior technique and ability, despite him being able to run all day and being pretty good at the game itself. It's like when Nalbandian meets Simon.

Quote:
Depends on whether I can get a job here. I would prefer not to go back to Singapore because my career prospects are extremely limited and they are in areas that I have no interest in. I mean, I could be a human rights lawyer but I would starve and probably get thrown into jail a couple of times. The most prominent human rights lawyer in Singapore is 1) not respected by other members of the profession (which is a shame); 2) constantly in the news for the wrong reasons; and 3) currently trying to dissolve the Law Society because some guy from the Law Soc tried to get a court to declare him unfit to practise law and revealed confidential medical records in the process.

How do I go back to that?
When you put it like that, it does make sense to at least desire to stay here, or go somewhere else that would have better career opportunities than Singapore.

Well I wish you the best of luck with it all. I hope it turns out well.

Quote:
You'll probably want to leave home in a few years when you're older and wanting some new experiences. Are you more an adventurous person or someone who prefers stability in your life though?
I'm not terribly adventurous. Not really at all, in fact. I'm pretty reserved, and generally nervous about changing in any way during life. So yeah, I would say stability suits me more in life, but I don't think that stops me from having fun.

Quote:
Doesn't snow make the winter worse?
Good chance of school being cancelled, great fun to play in while having snowball fights, and it's pretty. I think that makes snow very welcome in the winter.

Quote:
There's an entrance fee? I thought everything fun and pretty in London is free.
We can go to the British Musuem then. It's an awesome place, I used to visit every other weekend, and I still haven't explored it all. That's completely free, and much more central in London.

Quote:
Me too. I love everything about Roger.
Yeah, I could kinda work that out already!
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 07:23 AM   #902
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Trip your reaseon for Everko
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:00 AM   #903
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR View Post
It's one of the very best things trip. They love you unconditionally and ask no more than that you take care of them well. That's so sad. It broke my heart each time one of my cats died and I swore I'd never have another as it was all just too much. But here I am with Mr Roscoe and I wouldn't change a thing.
That sounds so lovely. I'm glad you get to experience that.

Quote:
Oh yes. I'm just so hardhearted. I couldn't have looked myself in the eye if I'd left them out. I make no distinction between any of the cats here, but if I'd not taken the little pregnant kitty in, I especially would not have been able to live with myself. Anyway, it all ended happily for them, so that was very rewarding.
I like you even more now. An animal lover and Federer fan and all-round awesome girl.

Quote:
Mine also. And you see so many of these animals and wonder why on earth the people who had them even bothered in the first place if this is how it was all going to end. Simply because they couldn't or didn't careless.
People are irresponsible shitheads. I wish we could make people go through training and a means test or something like that before they are allowed to keep pets. I wish we could stop selling animals like they are commodities. Ugh, this pisses me off so much that I literally can't think about it without wanting to cry.

Quote:
The good 'ol English weather can always be relied upon to put a dampener on things. Literally.
Which is why I'm always appreciative of any sun that I get, and am annoyed when I have to spend a sunny day stuck in class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
You'll get the hang of it!
I submitted my essay 3 minutes before the deadline. No proof-reading, no proper citations, just the raw first draft that I intended to revise "later" but this "later" never came. I have two more due next week. Kill me now.

Quote:
His main sports are rugby and field hockey. But he's big on his running, he runs lots of marathons and 10ks. He's much fitter than I am, but when we play tennis, I have the upper hand because I have superior technique and ability, despite him being able to run all day and being pretty good at the game itself. It's like when Nalbandian meets Simon.
But are you as unfit as Nalby? What do you do to train your fitness?

Quote:
When you put it like that, it does make sense to at least desire to stay here, or go somewhere else that would have better career opportunities than Singapore.

Well I wish you the best of luck with it all. I hope it turns out well.
Thank you.

Quote:
I'm not terribly adventurous. Not really at all, in fact. I'm pretty reserved, and generally nervous about changing in any way during life. So yeah, I would say stability suits me more in life, but I don't think that stops me from having fun.
Yeah I do get a reserved vibe from you, which I think is due to how you're very mature for your age. Would you say you're introverted too? People who are mature for a certain age tend to be more introspective and thus, reserved, if that makes sense (my brain isn't working too well right now).

Quote:

Good chance of school being cancelled, great fun to play in while having snowball fights, and it's pretty. I think that makes snow very welcome in the winter.
But it's a bitch to dress for snow, no?

Quote:
We can go to the British Musuem then. It's an awesome place, I used to visit every other weekend, and I still haven't explored it all. That's completely free, and much more central in London.
Nooo I wanna go to Kew Gardens. Never been there before and you said it's pretty at that time and I want to see it. I've been to the British Museum twice already, including my first trip here 4 years ago. It's great, but how many times do you need to see the mummies exhibits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
Trip your reaseon for Everko
I was inspired by George's reason actually. MTwhatever badrepped me saying 'Everko will rise'.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:12 AM   #904
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I submitted my essay 3 minutes before the deadline. No proof-reading, no proper citations, just the raw first draft that I intended to revise "later" but this "later" never came. I have two more due next week. Kill me now.
Well at least you got something handed in. Better start working on the next essays sooner rather than later.

I have lots of work to hand in tomorrow that I haven't yet done. Naughty boy, this George.

Quote:
But are you as unfit as Nalby? What do you do to train your fitness?
Definitely as unfit as Nalby. I don't do anything for fitness really, but I whenever I have to walk somewhere, I'll run. So I guess that helps? I used to be a big eater, but now I don't eat very much, so I'm skinnier but still quite unfit.

Quote:
Yeah I do get a reserved vibe from you, which I think is due to how you're very mature for your age. Would you say you're introverted too? People who are mature for a certain age tend to be more introspective and thus, reserved, if that makes sense (my brain isn't working too well right now).
It makes perfect sense. I may not appear it on here, but I'm really very shy IRL. I take a while to get to know someone and feel that connection, but once that happens I can talk forever with them. I'm not that mature, really. I'm a bit silly, more in an interruptive sort of way, but that won't really come across on MTF. I like to pull pranks, in fact I love pulling pranks.

[quote]But it's a bitch to dress for snow, no?[/QUOTE

It's a bitch to dress for school, too. Either one or the other?

Quote:
Nooo I wanna go to Kew Gardens. Never been there before and you said it's pretty at that time and I want to see it. I've been to the British Museum twice already, including my first trip here 4 years ago. It's great, but how many times do you need to see the mummies exhibits?
It is pretty, it's also beautifully expensive. I was more thinking about your costs, though, but yiu're technically a student, too, so there is some sort of discount.

Quote:
I was inspired by George's reason actually. MTwhatever badrepped me saying 'Everko will rise'.
Everko will rise, for sure.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:40 AM   #905
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

I got bad repped by Safin rules because of the ACC .4 bad reps in my cp
Old 11-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #906
country flag The Prince

Hey gimps, where are you all?
Old 11-24-2012, 01:40 AM   #907
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

I'm too tired to reply to your essay now. I'll do it when I wake up.

Winnie, who are the other 3 badreps from?
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
Old 11-24-2012, 02:01 AM   #908
country flag The Prince

Essay?!

It was quite short by my standards.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #909
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Hi vlovers
GOAT = Fed is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #910
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Quote:
Hello

I'm too tired to reply to your essay now. I'll do it when I wake up.

Winnie, who are the other 3 badreps from?
2 from Goatsol ,1 from Abraxas and 1 from Safin rules
Old 11-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #911
country flag The Prince

Sam and Winnie
Old 11-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #912
country flag Orange Wombat
Banned!

Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard that this is a British hubs, so I would like to ask a question:

What is the popular phrase the young English lads are saying these days?

Blimey? Codswallop? Merlin's beard? You're off your rocker?
Orange Wombat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #913
country flag tripwires

Quote:
Well at least you got something handed in. Better start working on the next essays sooner rather than later.
I'm planning to start on my essays today.

Half the day is almost gone and I haven't done anything yet. Waking up at 1 pm probably didn't help.
Quote:
Definitely as unfit as Nalby. I don't do anything for fitness really, but I whenever I have to walk somewhere, I'll run. So I guess that helps? I used to be a big eater, but now I don't eat very much, so I'm skinnier but still quite unfit.
Do you intend to work on your fitness then? Exercising for the sake of exercising is a real bore though.

Quote:
It makes perfect sense. I may not appear it on here, but I'm really very shy IRL. I take a while to get to know someone and feel that connection, but once that happens I can talk forever with them. I'm not that mature, really. I'm a bit silly, more in an interruptive sort of way, but that won't really come across on MTF. I like to pull pranks, in fact I love pulling pranks.
Haha I'm quite shy in real life too. You sound like me a bit. I get these mega anti-social days when I don't want to talk to anyone and I'm happy being by myself the whole day. Being mature doesn't mean you can't do childish things once in a while.

Quote:
It's a bitch to dress for school, too. Either one or the other?
Winter clothing is bulky, no? I hate wearing multiple layers.

Quote:
It is pretty, it's also beautifully expensive. I was more thinking about your costs, though, but yiu're technically a student, too, so there is some sort of discount.
I checked it a few nights ago and it seemed okay, so let's do that.

Quote:
Everko will rise, for sure.
He must feel so lonely with his comrades gone.

Quote:
Essay?!

It was quite short by my standards.
Yeah but I couldn't just reply frivolously, right? talking to you requires me to use my brain sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
Hi vlovers
Hi Sam. How's life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
2 from Goatsol ,1 from Abraxas and 1 from Safin rules
Goatsol? What post was it?
Old 11-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #914
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires
Hi Sam. How's
It's going fine, thanks. Just waiting for Christmas holidays now. Still 3 weeks to go

Wheb is the one year anniversary of this thread?

We should all do something special for it
GOAT = Fed is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #915
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Wombat View Post
I've heard that this is a British hubs, so I would like to ask a question:

What is the popular phrase the young English lads are saying these days?

Blimey? Codswallop? Merlin's beard? You're off your rocker?
Good day to you, sir.