Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: featuring the 2012 PopCon winner and The Bulldog. - Page 49 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-09-2012, 10:32 PM   #721
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

Trips is never going to see my response which took me all of five minutes to write.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #722
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Sam and Bale's conversation in pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
well I never said anything because you guys seem to be enjoying yourselves, but since you bring it up; not everyone wants to talk about football and in fact there is a thread for that. Whenever I peeked in here there was pages and pages of it and sometimes my post would just get buried and ignored
Kaaaat. I didn't ignore you, did I? Please stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Thanks. I've always had my eye on it, but heard a lot of mixed things about it. Happy reading, and a first-hand review would be much appreciated.

I seldom read at home anymore, there's too much to distract me like the internet (mainly MTF!!!), video games, TV etc. like you say. Until a year or two ago, I used to have a designated hour before bed that was solely for reading, that has since faded away, and now I will only read while travelling or like you, when I don't have internet access. It's great, though, because now I know when I read a really good novel, it keeps me away from all these distractions. It's a nice barometer actually!
I need this designated one hour before bed to read. Today I'm too distracted by trying to get tickets to Roger's match tomorrow (I got one but I won't be able to attend his practice session which was why I wanted to go in the first place ) so I think I'm too distracted to read. It's terrible. At least you care though. Many people don't read and they don't see anything wrong with it.
Quote:
These kids I'm helping certainly seem to have read only when required to do so, and lack even basic skills. It's a shame, but I'm there to help then improve. I'm also helping them with basic numeracy and reasoning. It will be tough, but the feeling of helping them to success will be worth it, I'm sure. One if the boys I'm helping told me that he never reads, all he does is go home, watch TV and play on his Xbox. I imagine it's the case for most people who struggle. It's a sad state of affairs, and I'm certainly not trying to change their lifestyle, but hopefully once they get more confident, they will consider reading 'for fun'.
How old are these kids? That sounds really sad. They definitely need help!!! Would it help if they read on a Kindle? It's cooler than boring paperbacks, right?

On another note, and not to sound pompous, but I am quite surprised by how common the phenomenon of run-on sentences are in London. I see them in advertisements on the Tube, on official websites (viagogo is one example ), in emails from my school... It's made me doubt my own comma ability, which is just terrible.

Quote:
Rhodes was great thank you! Nice weather for a October/November week, and a welcome break from studying. I'm back to the harsh reality now, but slowly getting into the swing of things! How are you finding London? It must have been nearly two months now? I hope you are well.

Anyway, I hate to bore everyone else. Sorry!
Harsh reality. Of what, being a student? Glad you had a good holiday. I love London!!! I got Roger's autograph here so I will always love London. Seriously, it's pretty good. I still can't stand how dirty the Tube is and how some people leave their trash around, but I'll always have something to complain about. At least I'm sort of getting used to the weather...sort of.

Quote:
Trips is never going to see my response which took me all of five minutes to write.
I saw. And only 5 minutes? I am not pleased.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:19 PM   #723
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
I need this designated one hour before bed to read. Today I'm too distracted by trying to get tickets to Roger's match tomorrow (I got one but I won't be able to attend his practice session which was why I wanted to go in the first place ) so I think I'm too distracted to read. It's terrible. At least you care though. Many people don't read and they don't see anything wrong with it.
So you are going? Enjoy!

Quote:
How old are these kids? That sounds really sad. They definitely need help!!! Would it help if they read on a Kindle? It's cooler than boring paperbacks, right?
They are 11, just started high school but are way behind. I don't think that's a feasible option, and I think a kindle should be a reward for loving to read. I must say, there's something about a physical copy of a book that I love.

Quote:
On another note, and not to sound pompous, but I am quite surprised by how common the phenomenon of run-on sentences are in London. I see them in advertisements on the Tube, on official websites (viagogo is one example ), in emails from my school... It's made me doubt my own comma ability, which is just terrible.
Ha, advertisements are the worst. Never trust the punctuation of them. Emails from university should be okay, maybe not, though. Websites are bad. However, you don't want to get like me and separate everything with a comma, when there's often no need! Just trust your own punctuation and don't get influenced by other side.

Quote:
Harsh reality. Of what, being a student? Glad you had a good holiday. I love London!!! I got Roger's autograph here so I will always love London. Seriously, it's pretty good. I still can't stand how dirty the Tube is and how some people leave their trash around, but I'll always have something to complain about. At least I'm sort of getting used to the weather...sort of.
Yeah, the harsh reality of being taught. London is very dirty, but as odd as it sounds, I wouldn't have it any other way. I think it gives the city some character. The tube can be particularly unpleasant, indeed. The weather will only get worse! And then you will really have something to complain about!

Quote:
I saw. And only 5 minutes? I am not pleased.
This one took a bit longer, if that's any consolation.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:30 AM   #724
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediBale View Post
No it wouldnt
awww,
Quote:
Sorry Kat. I will bear in mind and make the short trip over to the football thread next time!
Hope you are well.
well, I don't wanna be a killjoy I mean if everyone else is enjoying the chat, then that's great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
Well, you knew it was bad when not even football was being discussed here . It was for this reason that operation revival was put into use.

Also props for not using 'soccer'
Old 11-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #725
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

Hello you awesome and beautiful people
#20 #8 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #726
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Giving away a 2-0 lead FML
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #727
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, I just noticed that Gagsquet was permabanned! what's that about??
Old 11-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #728
country flag The Prince

Doubler compte.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #729
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
By the way, I just noticed that Gagsquet was permabanned! what's that about??
Quote:
Doubler compte.
I heard he posts on the wta forums of this site. Any truth in this?
Old 11-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #730
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

Yep he clowns around there
Old 11-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #731
country flag GOAT = Fed

Quote:
Yep he clowns around there
Old 11-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #732
country flag IncrediBale

He pretends to be something big there

watching United now too bad for Arsenal tho-football talk over so I dontmake anyone angry
Old 11-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #733
country flag GOAT = Fed

Quote:
He pretends to be something big there

watching United now too bad for Arsenal tho-football talk over so I dontmake anyone angry

Can't believe the chit I saw with arsenal.

Hopefully Man Utd lose as that will cheer me up somewhat
Old 11-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #734
country flag IncrediBale

You are mean
Old 11-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #735
country flag GOAT = Fed

Quote:
You are mean