Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: featuring the 2012 PopCon winner and The Bulldog. - Page 48 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-09-2012, 03:34 AM   #706
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gimpy vLove Shack vol. 3: Cool young Brits hub + their bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
Activity on this thread is dwindling, dwindling, dwindling, dwindling, dwindling.

Mission: Revive Gimply vLove Shack thread.

Attempts: 1
well I never said anything because you guys seem to be enjoying yourselves, but since you bring it up; not everyone wants to talk about football and in fact there is a thread for that. Whenever I peeked in here there was pages and pages of it and sometimes my post would just get buried and ignored
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #707
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

No it wouldnt
#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #708
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Replying here cos I don't wanna derail the HP thread even more:

I'll finish the book and let you know if it's worth reading. I tend to read quite slowly though; I'm distracted a lot by other things, like...the computer. I read a lot more when I didn't have computer access, which was pretty much until I was like, 11, which is why I think it's really important for kids to cultivate a reading habit. It definitely helped a lot with my English; I wasn't very good at English when I moved back to Singapore from Taiwan when I was 7 or so and reading really, really helped me.

I think it's really good that you're helping children with their reading skills. Do you think kids tend not to read as much these days because of other more interesting and fun entertainment outlets, like the computer and video games and iPad and things like that? I remember when I was a kid, my parents didn't allow me to watch TV series because they said they were a waste of time, and all I did for fun was read and play with my friends, like, outdoors. I hate to do one of those annoying "the good old days" spiel but I do think that I had a more meaningful childhood than today's children.

Thanks for the reassurance too.

How was Rhodes by the way? I wanna go back to Greece so badly.
Thanks. I've always had my eye on it, but heard a lot of mixed things about it. Happy reading, and a first-hand review would be much appreciated.

I seldom read at home anymore, there's too much to distract me like the internet (mainly MTF!!!), video games, TV etc. like you say. Until a year or two ago, I used to have a designated hour before bed that was solely for reading, that has since faded away, and now I will only read while travelling or like you, when I don't have internet access. It's great, though, because now I know when I read a really good novel, it keeps me away from all these distractions. It's a nice barometer actually!

So yeah, I totally agree that there would be so many advantages of going back to when the internet didn't play such a big role. For me, that was only when I was quite young, but still, my point stands.

These kids I'm helping certainly seem to have read only when required to do so, and lack even basic skills. It's a shame, but I'm there to help then improve. I'm also helping them with basic numeracy and reasoning. It will be tough, but the feeling of helping them to success will be worth it, I'm sure. One if the boys I'm helping told me that he never reads, all he does is go home, watch TV and play on his Xbox. I imagine it's the case for most people who struggle. It's a sad state of affairs, and I'm certainly not trying to change their lifestyle, but hopefully once they get more confident, they will consider reading 'for fun'.

Rhodes was great thank you! Nice weather for a October/November week, and a welcome break from studying. I'm back to the harsh reality now, but slowly getting into the swing of things! How are you finding London? It must have been nearly two months now? I hope you are well.

Anyway, I hate to bore everyone else. Sorry!
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #709
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
well I never said anything because you guys seem to be enjoying yourselves, but since you bring it up; not everyone wants to talk about football and in fact there is a thread for that. Whenever I peeked in here there was pages and pages of it and sometimes my post would just get buried and ignored
Sorry Kat. I will bear in mind and make the short trip over to the football thread next time!

Hope you are well.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #710
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Murray won
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Still not a bro.
'Sup brethren
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediBale View Post
Sam isnt naughty like that
O Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Well, you knew it was bad when not even football was being discussed here . It was for this reason that operation revival was put into use.

Also props for not using 'soccer'
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #711
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you Sam
Old 11-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #712
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediBale View Post
Oh you Sam
Old 11-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #713
country flag IncrediBale

Old 11-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #714
country flag GOAT = Fed

Old 11-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #715
country flag IncrediBale

Old 11-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #716
country flag GOAT = Fed

Old 11-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #717
country flag IncrediBale

Old 11-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #718
country flag The Prince

Jeez, you guys are worse than Hian.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #719
country flag GOAT = Fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Jeez, you guys are worse than Hian.
Well Hian is the GOAT after all
Old 11-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #720
country flag IncrediBale

In my defence it is all Sams fault