The Cycling Thread - Part 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Cycling Thread - Part 2

Continued here.

Part 1 - http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=33153
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cycling Thread - Part 2

First!

It took us 8 years to complete part one. When it was created, some if the first threads talked about two promising up and coming youngsters: Tom Boonen and Cadel Evans.

The show must go on!

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even know who Tom Boonen is.

But I've only been a fan of cycling for about 3 years now.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #4
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

And yet you don't know who Boonen is?

He's the best cobbled classics rider of this generation, arguably of all time. World champion in 05, when the other thread was started, plus a gazillion of other victories.

Last year he won the Tour of Flanders and Paris-Roubaix, two of the five big one-day races.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Old 03-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
Snowwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
And yet you don't know who Boonen is?

He's the best cobbled classics rider of this generation, arguably of all time. World champion in 05, when the other thread was started, plus a gazillion of other victories.

Last year he won the Tour of Flanders and Paris-Roubaix, two of the five big one-day races.
I only watch the Tour de France We don't exactly get the best coverage of cycling in Canada.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #6
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Pray Echoes doesn't read this or he'll say nasty things to you.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
country flag Purple Rainbow

Purple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
First!

It took us 8 years to complete part one. When it was created, some if the first threads talked about two promising up and coming youngsters: Tom Boonen and Cadel Evans.

The show must go on!
Good times!

I've learned too much about the dark side of cycling in recent years and can't be really bothered following cycling anymore.

I'll probably catch the last few kilometers of Gent-Wevelgem today, but I won't be able to get entusiastic about whoever may win.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #8
country flag Rik.

Rik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post

Quote:
I only watch the Tour de France We don't exactly get the best coverage of cycling in Canada.
He didn't do well in the last TdF he was doing so that must be it

Tour of Flanders next week, looking forward to it.
But first Gent-Wevelgem now, altough it's just a warm-up race
Rik. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #9
country flag Purple Rainbow

Purple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yet you call yourself a fan of cylcing? Too many people call themselves cycling fans but only watch the sport in July.
They arent't fan of the sport, they're spectators of an overhyped overcommerialised event that's basically everything that's wrong with the sport.

Cycling is now, 'springtime' in Flanders and Wallony. Racing over cobbles in Paris-Roubaix.
The early stages races of Tirreno-Adriatico and Paris-Nice.

It's like somebody saying they're a hockey fan, yet only watching the sport in the Olympics and not knowing who Sidney Crosby is.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #10
country flag erickmartins
Not exactly average.

erickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond repute

How the hell do they leave a group up the road go away with Sagan on it? I haven't watched the early stages, but it sounds stupid

Titles: Astana 2 CH '11, Challenger Tour Finals '11, Kuala Lumpur '12 (w/Dudisela75), Bressuire Futures '13 (w/Marita)

Finals: Fürth CH '11, Orleans CH '11, Petange CH '12, TT Euro '12 (w/Vilnietè)

SF: Australian Open '12, Memphis '12
erickmartins is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #11
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Sagan just blew up the group. Too strong that guy. Easy victory, didn't want to risk a group sprint this time

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #12
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickmartins View Post
How the hell do they leave a group up the road go away with Sagan on it? I haven't watched the early stages, but it sounds stupid
The early stages of Gent-Wevelgem you mean?

Sagan is a beast.

Daniel Martin wins Volta a Catalunya, De Gendt wins the last stage.

And Chris Froome attacks his teammate in the leader's jersey Porte and wins stage and GC at Criterium International.

Last edited by Har-Tru : 03-24-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #13
country flag erickmartins
Not exactly average.

erickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The early stages of Gent-Wevelgem you mean?

Sagan is a beast.

Daniel Martin wins Volta a Catalunya, De Gendt wins the last stage.
just realized that "early stages" has a double meaning in cycling. But yes, I meant the beginning of G-W

Titles: Astana 2 CH '11, Challenger Tour Finals '11, Kuala Lumpur '12 (w/Dudisela75), Bressuire Futures '13 (w/Marita)

Finals: Fürth CH '11, Orleans CH '11, Petange CH '12, TT Euro '12 (w/Vilnietè)

SF: Australian Open '12, Memphis '12

Last edited by erickmartins : 03-24-2013 at 09:44 PM.
erickmartins is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #14
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Ah I see. Kind of a confusing use of the word stage.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #15
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Eric Boyer is obviously pointing the finger at Sir Bradley Wiggins...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/2MRvw1vSivM

Subtitles are available.
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote