Murray's career from now on... - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-20-2012, 11:10 PM   #61
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray's career from now on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennishero View Post
talent/better player 1-0
1-0 how?

Both have a slam each.

This is a true fact.

I know you loved the whole 'delpo says hi' schtick for a while but it's gone man, let it go and look forward to the future.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #62
country flag tennishero

tennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK 201 View Post
I don't. The only reason Nalbandian was allowed in the 8 man draw is because Roddick/Safin/Nadal and company dropped out - allowing Nalbandian entry. Further more Nalbandian played Federer who was carrying an injury to the ankle. Murray at least qualified for the US Open with the correct ranking and played healthy opponents.
lol, do you think any of those players would have beaten nalbandian back then? good thing nadal got replaced or it could have gotten real ugly. he destroyed peakdenko 6-0 prior to the final.
tennishero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #63
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

In terms of both talent and career success Murray >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Potro.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #64
country flag tennishero

tennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
1-0 how?

Both have a slam each.

This is a true fact.

I know you loved the whole 'delpo says hi' schtick for a while but it's gone man, let it go and look forward to the future.
if this is what the future entails (murray winning slams), then its a very bleak future... i'd much rather stay in the past thanks.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #65
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK 201 View Post
I don't. The only reason Nalbandian was allowed in the 8 man draw is because Roddick/Safin/Nadal and company dropped out - allowing Nalbandian entry. Further more Nalbandian played Federer who was carrying an injury to the ankle. Murray at least qualified for the US Open with the correct ranking and played healthy opponents.
That injured Fed still was far better player than these healthy opponents.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:16 PM   #66
country flag tennishero

i hope del potro meets murray in a slam final one day...
Old 09-20-2012, 11:16 PM   #67
country flag Londinium

Londinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooza2011 View Post

If Federer couldn't beat Berdych then that is his problem. If Djokovic wasn't at his best then again that is his problem. It is not as if Murray was at his best either. It doesn't matter who you beat or how you win a slam, a slam is a slam.
I wouldn't dispute that. The fact is that he had a favourable run to the final so I wouldn't point to it as the beginning of some fabled Murray dominance. Now if he'd gone through 2/3 of Federer, Djokovic and Nadal and beaten them convincingly then that argument might have some strength. Fact is he didn't. I think Murray probably will win another 3/4 slams but he's not going to dominate anything. He's also lucky in that he's peaking in a period where Federer probably has at most another year to eighteen months of competing left and Nadal's career outside the French is under threat. Once those two go (Nadal will probably last longer but given his injury problems who knows?) then he'll only have Djokovic as a main rival and none of the others are showing any signs of breaking through.

Last edited by Londinium : 09-20-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Londinium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:16 PM   #68
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennishero View Post
lol, do you think any of those players would have beaten nalbandian back then? good thing nadal got replaced or it could have gotten real ugly. i mean he destroyed peakdenko 6-0 prior to the final.
Few would argue that Nalbandian is a far more talented player than Slam winners like Murray, JMDP and others... and can produce far better tennis at his best.

But those players worked very hard to achieve what they have. Nalbandian never had their dedication and commitment, which is why he doesn't have a Slam, talent can only take you so far. Not to mention his mentality is questionable, even in that TMC 2005 final he was very, very close to choking big time in the fifth set.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #69
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

TMC 2005 was one of the highest levels of tennis I've seen alongside Madrid and Paris 07. Don't slate King David's indoor success.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:19 PM   #70
country flag tennishero

Murray

Nalbandian

I know which one I prefer watching...
Old 09-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #71
Banned!

Who's arguing about Murray-Nalbandian? Murray's career is obviously better but I'm not gonna argue David is/was the more talented. Not even close.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:23 PM   #72
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Sapeod teasing his fans by waiting this long to deliver this anticipated thread. But it is now clear that it was his master plan to avoid the post Slam craze and produce the go to thread for Murray's divine rise.

This end of season could propel Murray into the #1 conversation by the middle of next year. Roger showed how valuable this part of the season can be.
n8 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #73
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

Murray is as talented as just about anyone.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #74
country flag tennishero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Who's arguing about Murray-Nalbandian? Murray's career is obviously better but I'm not gonna argue David is/was the more talented. Not even close.
praising nalbandian (an argentine player) LOL... never thought I'd be seeing that from you.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:28 PM   #75
country flag ogbg

ogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond repute

The thing about Murray has always been his confidence which leads to belief which leads to work. I don't see him ever losing that confidence>belief>work in the near future so he could go on a tear.

Last edited by ogbg : 09-20-2012 at 11:36 PM.
ogbg is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote