M.Muzza.M Chat - Page 36 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #526
country flag Zepploydath

Zepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: M.Muzza.M Chat - Meltdown in Melbourne!

Still gutted. I know he'll win more slams but it's hard to see Novak racking up these major titles when they were really quite even it terms of potential at the start of their career. Blister and hamstring injury didn't help but at 1 set to love and holding serve easily for some reason he wasn't playing as aggressively as he can/did against Federer. Obviously he had the 0-40 which he lost but he didn't take control of the match when it was there for the taking.
Zepploydath is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #527
country flag Brit Tennis Fan

Brit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
This rivalry will really heat up over the year. I'm sure Nolandy will trade wins and losses.
Since the US Open he has lost three in a row again Nole, all from a set up, so you will forgive me if I am less than optimistic. This match was there for the taking in the early stages of the second set but he let Nole off the hook and paid the price.
Brit Tennis Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #528
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #529
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit Tennis Fan View Post
Since the US Open he has lost three in a row again Nole, all from a set up, so you will forgive me if I am less than optimistic. This match was there for the taking in the early stages of the second set but he let Nole off the hook and paid the price.
There's the difference between the two at the moment. I have to respectfully disagree with what Miss Fox said about his mind not letting him down. Sure he had physical issues, but when he was up he didn't ram home the advantage and let the chances he had to take the match away from Djokovic in the 2nd slip (i.e 3 bps, several 0-30s, feathergate at 2-2 tiebreak). Djokovic on the other hand seized upon the advantage he gained then aggressively raced away never looking back. Reminded me of the last time Murray played Nadal at Wimbly.

He has to firstly work on the frontrunning aspect of his mental game, and secondly work on the powderpuff 2nd serve. That's all he needs in this match up in my opinion.
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:09 PM   #530
country flag Wolfy

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Fell asleep at 5-1 in the fourth, woke up , had a dream he won 7-6 in the fourth, turn on the laptop
Oh Do well on the clay is what matters this year, I am excited to see some improvements.

Laura Robson Rank top 30
Rafa Hardcourt&Clay Goat
Wolfy is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #531
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Well good on Murray for getting to final, and congrats to Djoker, but this trend is pretty worrying. Three straight loses to Nole from a set up. Murray just can't hang on to momentum.

Anyways, Time for Murray to make the push to number 2! He has a lot less to defend than Federer up until Wimbledon, here is his chance!

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #532
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit Tennis Fan View Post
Yep, pretty much this. He really has to improve his concentration again Djoker. Lose all these leads is not only bad for him, but horrible to watch as a fan. Just selfishly, I can't even be happy when he wins a set because I know it doesn't mean anything against Nole.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
Old 01-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #533
country flag MuzzahLovah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Fox View Post
I did say in Novak's forum that I thought Novak was the favorite so there you go. Oh Andy. Wimbledon will be yours, I just know it.
I wouldn't have been disappointed at all by losing to Nole. He had an easy semi and he was the defending champion, and has an edge on slower surfaces. But this trend of Murray losing a set lead is not only nervewracking to watch but worrisome in terms of future prospects.

Last edited by MuzzahLovah : 01-27-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #534
country flag Zepploydath

Zepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond reputeZepploydath has a reputation beyond repute

The difference in terms of play today was Murray's defense let him down (which could have been caused by the blister and/or hamstring) while Djokovic was an absolute rock which started after the 2nd set/midway through the 3rd. Murray was pretty clutch in the 1st set, he saved several break points and then ran away with the set in the tiebreak, but Murray just seems to have a problem with front-running. Once he has a lead he never seems to play more aggressively, if anything he goes backwards.

Quite recently he's lost comfortable positions (1 set to love leads and dominating the set after) to Rafa at Wimbledon 2011, Djokovic last years at AO and this year at AO, Federer at Wimbledon last year and in several BO3 matches, espescially against Djokovic. He knows how to get under Djokovic's skin and has the game to to 'own' Djokovic in a rivalry sense but too often he gets a lead and fails to consolidate.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #535
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Last year he learned how to win a Grand Slam. He didn't learn how to make every day his day. Some days it won't be.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:09 AM   #536
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepploydath View Post
The difference in terms of play today was Murray's defense let him down (which could have been caused by the blister and/or hamstring) while Djokovic was an absolute rock which started after the 2nd set/midway through the 3rd. Murray was pretty clutch in the 1st set, he saved several break points and then ran away with the set in the tiebreak, but Murray just seems to have a problem with front-running. Once he has a lead he never seems to play more aggressively, if anything he goes backwards.

Quite recently he's lost comfortable positions (1 set to love leads and dominating the set after) to Rafa at Wimbledon 2011, Djokovic last years at AO and this year at AO, Federer at Wimbledon last year and in several BO3 matches, espescially against Djokovic. He knows how to get under Djokovic's skin and has the game to to 'own' Djokovic in a rivalry sense but too often he gets a lead and fails to consolidate.
Let's not forget his semi against Fed here. I mean he got it done, but let Fed back in twice after going up twice. It was very disconcerting watching him struggle to put away someone he was vastly superior to on the day.

Positives are still many of course. Counting Olympics, this was his 4th major final in a row. He's achieving more than anyone ever thought he would. The future is bright.
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:08 AM   #537
country flag Ivelina_P

Ivelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond repute

The first two sets both players were about equal,but the rest of the match was one-sided.Poor Andy has literally NO pain threshold.I can understand him,because I'm the same and a little discomfort can let me down.
Given than trait of him,it speaks tons of his natural talent actually.To reach this top place while being so hypochondriac is an anchievement on itself.

Washington = unofficial 5th Slam
http://ivelinacp.tumblr.com/image/55430905367
Mark Lenders = Gospel of Objective Unbiased Analysis
Topspindoctor = Pillar of MTF
Abel = GOAT
Ivelina_P is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #538
country flag Zepploydath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Let's not forget his semi against Fed here. I mean he got it done, but let Fed back in twice after going up twice. It was very disconcerting watching him struggle to put away someone he was vastly superior to on the day.

Positives are still many of course. Counting Olympics, this was his 4th major final in a row. He's achieving more than anyone ever thought he would. The future is bright.
Yeah I thought about the Federer later after I posted. Ever since Djokovic started winning this slams in 2011 I've always wanted Murray to keep up with Djokovic in terms of slams and the most disappointing thing about yesterday was that he showed again his lack of front running ability. If he was a better front runner he'd have had at last 3 Slams and maybe 1/2 more finals.

Going into the future the 2 positive things are that there doesn't seem to be any breakthroughs going to happen/tennis has changed in the sense players peak years are 3/4 years later than for Federer and eras previous. And secondly it looks as if Murray/Djokovic will be the rivalry for the next 2/3 years at least and Murray can get into Djokovic's head. Apart from the AO Final 2 years ago, he should have won all 3 of the other meetings they've had in slams.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:50 AM   #539
country flag Ivelina_P

Ivelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond repute

People,will he parttake in Dubai?What's the next tournament Murray's playing?

Washington = unofficial 5th Slam
http://ivelinacp.tumblr.com/image/55430905367
Mark Lenders = Gospel of Objective Unbiased Analysis
Topspindoctor = Pillar of MTF
Abel = GOAT
Ivelina_P is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:50 PM   #540
country flag Zepploydath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivelina_P View Post
People,will he parttake in Dubai?What's the next tournament Murray's playing?
I heard he's going out to Miami with Lendl again for another training block. Not sure how long the block will be but apparently he might not play until Indian Wells and Miami. However, I have sneaky suspicion that he'll play something in February, although I think Dubai is no. Didn't he say last year he struggled with the timezones and his good performance in Dubai stopped himself from performing as well in Indian Wells and Miami?

I feel a little better now about the result. When all is said and done Murray wasn't quite 100%. He has too much class to come out and say it - he's never used excuses like injuries for losing but it's clear to me that a hamstring injury AND a blister will somewhat make it difficult to play 100%. Only thing I'd like to see Murray improve is to be little more ruthless and take control of a match when he's gotten himself a lead. I'm sure Lendl will know this needs to improve and get him to play aggressively once he has that lead.