The dumbest article ever on bleacherreport ... must see it ! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #16
country flag Nr 1 Fan

Nr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The dumbest article ever on bleacherreport ... must see it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I have a big problem with the word "talent" comparing to many people : the natural gifts are not only about the "touch/instinct/vision", they are also about the physical abilities, also about the mental ones by the way.

I don't think any of the players, even working very hard, could have the physical abilities which Nadal has.

You need Nadal's genes to be able to reach that level of physicality : why can't anybody play with the same style as him ? You can see players hitting shots like Federer (see Dimitrov), but noone like Nadal ! I saw pictures of him as a young boy : he already looked very strong and dynamic.

I don't believe that all this mainly comes from "hard work" : the guy says he couldn't practice in december and you saw how he played in the Australian Open ! before Monte-Carlo the same ... The guy eats Nutella chocolate every night before going to bed, we've seen him eat icecreams numerous times. When Djokovic makes unbelievably drastic diets !

No I deny all this is just mainly a matter of "hard work" and not mainly of talent.

He had special genes.

That said, it was also Borg's case, who had an exceptional body.

As for the touch/instinct/vision, I don't know what in that is related to technique and what is related to pure "talent".

I believe more in physical gifts than in "technical" "talent".
One of the better posts I've read on this forum in a while.
Nadal has the "talent" having a great body, without doing a lot for it (uncle Toni often says Nadal has never really been fitnessing a lot). Another "talent of him is how relentless he is and how can stay focused for 5 hours without a single blip in concentration. Those other talents than being able to hit the perfect BH or FH or serve, but they are equally useful in becoming a pro tennis player.
Nr 1 Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #17
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nr 1 Fan View Post
Another "talent of him is how relentless he is and how can stay focused for 5 hours without a single blip in concentration.
About his mental, we know from his biography especially that he had a very special training, even a very special "education" by his uncle, comparing to other players, which conditioned him a lot.

His uncle sending him balls in the face when he looked elsewhere, etc ...

And his uncle said that he could not have done that education if he hadn't been his family.

Nadal's parents let Toni do that because he was their family.

That said, Nadal surely had special "talents" for that as well.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #18
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Besides why can't anybody play with the same style as him ? You can see players hitting shots like Federer (see Dimitrov), but noone like Nadal ! McEnroe's basic shots were like nobody else, for Nadal it's the same, but Fed hits some shots very nicely but it's "normal" shots, it's very prettily excluded but classical.
Cilic serves like no one else, but I don't think that will get him 17 slams
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #19
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Who let the Nadaltards out of MTF?

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On beating weak era players in finals of slams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #20
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

"There may not be many tournaments left in the legs of Roger Federer, and Novak Djokovic has proven he can be beaten, so Nadal knows that he will have an easier time getting the Grand Slam wins now than at any other point in his career."

OR

"There may not be many tournaments left in the legs of Roger Federer, and Rafael Nadal seems to be suffering from injuries more than ever, so Djokovic knows that he will have an easier time getting the Grand Slam wins now than at any other point in his career."

OR

"Rafael Nadal seems to be suffering from injuries more than ever, and Novak Djokovic has proven he can be beaten, so Federer knows that he will have an easier time getting the Grand Slam wins now than at any other point in his career."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBkeeper View Post
Good news for Nadal is that he is arguably the most talented tennis player of
all time.
Really?

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #21
country flag Nr 1 Fan

Nr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
About his mental, we know from his biography especially that he had a very special training, even a very special "education" by his uncle, comparing to other players, which conditioned him a lot.

His uncle sending him balls in the face when he looked elsewhere, etc ...

And his uncle said that he could not have done that education if he hadn't been his family.

Nadal's parents let Toni do that because he was their family.

That said, Nadal surely had special "talents" for that as well.
I've read that too, but you can't just "create" a players mentality like that. His exceptional mentality is of course trained by uncle Toni, but you also got to have it in you. If Nadal wasn't exceptionally gifted in the mental area and in terms of fighting spirit, he would have just said to uncle "fuck this man, I am gonna play some playstation" but he didn't: he accepted these trainings and let uncle Toni made him even tougher than he is. What I want to say is: he has always been a terrific fighter and willing to sacrifice everything for his tennis.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #22
country flag Nr 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Cilic serves like no one else, but I don't think that will get him 17 slams
Bad comparison, Nadals shots are effective and I am sure other players would love to be able to hit like him. Not sure about Cilic' serve...
Old 09-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #23
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

utter retards write on bleacher report.

I saw some article which claimed Federer had the best single handed backhand off all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #24
country flag moon language

moon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond repute

Bleacher report has never been something to take seriously.
moon language is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:19 PM   #25
country flag Aloevera

Aloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond repute

Is the writer of that article somehow related to Trollander?
Aloevera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #26
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have a big problem with the word "talent" comparing to many people : the natural gifts are not only about the "touch/instinct/vision", they are also about the physical abilities, also about the mental ones by the way.

I don't think any of the players, even working very hard, could have the physical abilities which Nadal has.

You need Nadal's genes to be able to reach that level of physicality. I saw pictures of Nadal's as a young boy : he already looked very strong and dynamic.

Besides why can't anybody play with the same style as him ? You can see players hitting shots like Federer (see Dimitrov), but noone like Nadal ! McEnroe's basic shots were like nobody else, for Nadal it's the same, but Fed hits some shots very nicely but it's "normal" shots, it's very prettily excluded but classical. I remember Castafiore told me that Toni had said that he had not taught his shots to Nadal : he instinctively played this way.

I don't believe that all this mainly comes from "hard work" : the guy says he couldn't practice in december and you saw how he played in the Australian Open ! before Monte-Carlo the same ... The guy eats Nutella chocolate every night before going to bed, we've seen him eat icecreams numerous times. When Djokovic makes unbelievably drastic diets !

No I deny all this is just mainly a matter of "hard work" and not mainly of talent.

He had special genes, special many things including energy, strength, dynamism, instinct, coordination ...

That said physically he's someone special, but he's not the first one like that : Borg also had an exceptional body, maybe even more than Nadal.

As for the "touch" in tennis, I don't know what in that is related to technique and what is related to pure "talent".

I understood. Well, I have more "classik" position I guess. If I had tried to find close word to what I mean in "talent" speaking about tennis, I would chose "shotmaking". The more possible shots from different positions (differents surfaces-bounce-position on court) you can create, the more talented player you are. Easier - the more different things you can do on court, if you can regularly win points in different ways, the more talented you are (I mean for me ).

Nothing wrong with Nadal, he is talented tennis player. But no, not in the same league with Federer.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #27
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You need Nadal's genes to be able to reach that level of physicality. I saw pictures of Nadal's as a young boy : he already looked very strong and dynamic.

Besides why can't anybody play with the same style as him ? You can see players hitting shots like Federer (see Dimitrov), but noone like Nadal ! McEnroe's basic shots were like nobody else, for Nadal it's the same, but Fed hits some shots very nicely but it's "normal" shots, it's very prettily excluded but classical. I remember Castafiore told me that Toni had said that he had not taught his shots to Nadal : he instinctively played this way.

He had special genes, special many things including energy, strength, dynamism, instinct, coordination ...

That said physically he's someone special, but he's not the first one like that : Borg also had an exceptional body, maybe even more than Nadal.

As for the "touch" in tennis, I don't know what in that is related to technique and what is related to pure "talent".

No one has ever deny Nadal's gift in physical abilities. He's a freak of nature. But, that is NOT tennis talent. That's athletic/sports talent. Nadal would be great in almost every sport that promote speed & power. In terms of tennis talent though, a guy like Fed is way, way more talented than him.

You gotta understand, that from a technical point of view, what Fed is able to do on court is simply ridiculous. The balance, timing and precision are impeccable. And please don't mention Dimitrov. That kid is all style with little substance. You know why he can't play as effectively as Fed? Because his balance, timing and precision are nowhere near Fed's level. Not to mention the difference in instinct (Well, that's not exactly technical but mental ). Dimitrov will never be as good as Fed. So, no one plays like Fed also.

Talent is the ability to do something that most find hard, more easily and do it better. There's a talent for "touch", too.
paseo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #28
country flag End da Game

End da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Its true, every one knows clay is the most relevant surface in tennis, why even try to deny this?

One RG is worth at least 5 wimbledons. Nadal knew this and tanked his game to Rosol to get some early holiday instead of wasting his time on that mug grass surface.
End da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #29
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by End da Game View Post
Its true, every one knows clay is the most relevant surface in tennis, why even try to deny this?

One RG is worth at least 5 wimbledons. Nadal knew this and tanked his game to Rosol to get some early holiday instead of wasting his time on that mug grass surface.
agreed. One Roland Garros is worth 5 Wimbledons. Which is why Guga is a superior player to Federer as well as Nadal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #30
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apophis View Post
The article reads like an MTF post.
Raferminator wrote it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote