The dumbest article ever on bleacherreport ... must see it ! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default The dumbest article ever on bleacherreport ... must see it !

Rafael Nadal: Injuries Won't Derail Tennis Star's Rise to Greatest of All Time

After battling tendinitis in his knee throughout 2012, tennis star Rafael Nadal has taken a few months off from action to get back to 100 percent health.

At only 26 years old, Nadal still has plenty of time to continue his ascension to the title of greatest men’s tennis player of all time.

While being eliminated early at Wimbledon before missing the Olympics and the U.S. Open to close 2012 is no way to spend a season, the injuries that Nadal had been suffering have now been given the proper time to heal.
The rest and rehab the tennis star has been concentrating on for the last few months has not only allowed him a chance to get back to where he was physically, but it has given Nadal a new outlook on the sport and his career as a whole.

Nadal looked his tennis mortality right in the face and now knows exactly what it will take to be the greatest of all time.

Fox News Latino is reporting about what Nadal said at a Vanity Fair event concerning how long he wanted his career to continue, and his new outlook on the sport and his career as a whole:

"I don't know how long I will keep playing tennis. I'll be 31 in five years and taking into account the fact that I started at 16 ... Perhaps stopping now will help extend my career a little bit more. Until I had the problems with the knee again, the final at Roland Garros, had been one of the best seasons of my life. I felt able to win any competition. Complicated times came later.

Success is not the victory, it's what you've done to win. The knowledge that you've done everything in your power to achieve what you wanted. That feeling makes me very happy. This year I lost the final in Australia and I didn't like it, but I was happy in some ways. It was a success to have lost like that."

While there is no question that it will be difficult for Nadal to return to the courts and continue winning tournaments as he was before the injuries, the tennis veteran knows that he must win to cement his legacy.

There may not be many tournaments left in the legs of Roger Federer, and Novak Djokovic has proven he can be beaten, so Nadal knows that he will have an easier time getting the Grand Slam wins now than at any other point in his career.

If Nadal returns to 100 percent and can stay healthy for the majority of his career, there is no doubt that the star could win six Grand Slams in five years and tie Federer’s mark. With Nadal owning the distinctive edge when the two battled, Nadal will be considered the better champion if they finish their careers with the same amount of Grand Slam wins.

Winning six Grand Slams—period—isn’t easy, but doing that over just five years makes this feat unbelievably tough.

Good news for Nadal is that he is arguably the most talented tennis player of all time. All he needs is some cooperation from his health to prove that there was never a better player in the sport’s history than the Spanish star.

Lolololwut since this moment i have read articles there but .. this is too much especially "Good news for Nadal is that he is arguably the most talented tennis player of all time."
I had a lot of laugh there

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The dumbest article ever on bleacherreport ... must see it !

It's true actually :\

Life must suck if you're not a Nadal fan.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #3
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to highlight some quotes first, but it`s hard choice. Maybe only this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBkeeper View Post
Good news for Nadal is that he is arguably the most talented tennis player of all time.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
country flag v-money

v-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal is still young in tennis years. After all, injury faking is easier on the body than actual injuries. Could become GOAT for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
Just keep [t]rolling Bernard, just keep [t]rolling my man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
Keep [t]rolling Bernard, keep [t]rolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
tomic just keep on [t]rolling
v-money is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #5
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

As for the article- obvious tard is obvious. that site doesn't really have high demands to post an "article"

As for the content:

Nadal will find that he's not gonna be as fast anymore in his late 20s, early 30s. Fed adapted. Doubt Nadal can adapt.

Basically two paths for Nadal.

Option one is to try to continue like he does. That will lead to injuries and fast decline as he ages.

the other is to improve his serve and get over his net-phobia and try to get some free points instead of having to grind so much. Doubt he got the talent for that kind of game.

Either way im not gonna rule out option one due to modern medicine and "spanish doctors" so he can probably find a way to grind and moonball his way to a few more majors. But ofc he will never reach Federer. That train left the station in 2011 with his fails to the Djoker.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rafael Nadal: Injuries Won't Derail Tennis Star's Rise to Greatest of All Time

After battling tendinitis in his knee throughout 2012, tennis star Rafael Nadal has taken a few months off from action to get back to 100 percent health.

At only 26 years old, Nadal still has plenty of time to continue his ascension to the title of greatest men’s tennis player of all time.

While being eliminated early at Wimbledon before missing the Olympics and the U.S. Open to close 2012 is no way to spend a season, the injuries that Nadal had been suffering have now been given the proper time to heal.
The rest and rehab the tennis star has been concentrating on for the last few months has not only allowed him a chance to get back to where he was physically, but it has given Nadal a new outlook on the sport and his career as a whole.

Nadal looked his tennis mortality right in the face and now knows exactly what it will take to be the greatest of all time.

Fox News Latino is reporting about what Nadal said at a Vanity Fair event concerning how long he wanted his career to continue, and his new outlook on the sport and his career as a whole:

"I don't know how long I will keep playing tennis. I'll be 31 in five years and taking into account the fact that I started at 16 ... Perhaps stopping now will help extend my career a little bit more. Until I had the problems with the knee again, the final at Roland Garros, had been one of the best seasons of my life. I felt able to win any competition. Complicated times came later.

Success is not the victory, it's what you've done to win. The knowledge that you've done everything in your power to achieve what you wanted. That feeling makes me very happy. This year I lost the final in Australia and I didn't like it, but I was happy in some ways. It was a success to have lost like that."

While there is no question that it will be difficult for Nadal to return to the courts and continue winning tournaments as he was before the injuries, the tennis veteran knows that he must win to cement his legacy.

There may not be many tournaments left in the legs of Roger Federer, and Novak Djokovic has proven he can be beaten, so Nadal knows that he will have an easier time getting the Grand Slam wins now than at any other point in his career.

If Nadal returns to 100 percent and can stay healthy for the majority of his career, there is no doubt that the star could win six Grand Slams in five years and tie Federer’s mark. With Nadal owning the distinctive edge when the two battled, Nadal will be considered the better champion if they finish their careers with the same amount of Grand Slam wins.

Winning six Grand Slams—period—isn’t easy, but doing that over just five years makes this feat unbelievably tough.

Good news for Nadal is that he is arguably the most talented tennis player of all time. All he needs is some cooperation from his health to prove that there was never a better player in the sport’s history than the Spanish star.

Lolololwut since this moment i have read articles there but .. this is too much especially "Good news for Nadal is that he is arguably the most talented tennis player of all time."
I had a lot of laugh there
good article

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

6 slams in 5 years. Almost sounds easy when you say it like that.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #8
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
now knows exactly what it will take to be the greatest of all time.
did Nadal ever say that it was his goal as the author guesses ?

several times last year yes some interviews of Rafa's or Toni's suggested that they were eager to records, but he pretended having a so much more stoical philosophy before.

the rest of what the article says doesn't look dumb to me, too enthusiastically assertiove but I've read worse, including from Fedfans.

I've always said that Nadal is more gifted naturally for tennis than Federer and much more than Djokovic.

And yes, I think Nadal can get to 17 slams for sure, and anyway everytime he will win one, you can be sure there will be enthusiastic people including journalists analysing that he will for sure, and these articles will not be called dumb at that moment. Just the guy here didn't choose the right moment to write

Last edited by duong : 09-19-2012 at 05:40 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #9
country flag DemiCrayanhan

DemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond repute

people read the bleacher report? as in for news and not for a laugh?

having said that, rafa will be back strong. no doubt.

The Yin-Yang of Tennis

"Seemingly contrary forces which are not only interconnected and interdependent in the natural world, but only give rise to each other in turn."
DemiCrayanhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:33 PM   #10
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Until some Posol does the damage again and will get to hear for other injury.
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #11
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
did Nadal ever say that it was his goal as the author guesses ?

several times last year yes some interviews of Rafa's or Toni's suggested that they were eager to records, but he pretended having a so much more stoical philosophy before.

the rest of what the article says doesn't look dumb to me, too enthusiastically assertiove but I've read worse, including from Fedfans.

I've always said that Nadal is more gifted naturally for tennis than Federer and much more than Djokovic.

And yes, I think Nadal can get to 17 slams for sure, and anyway everytime he will win one, you can be sure there will be enthusiastic people including journalists analysing that he will for sure, and these articles will not be called dumb at that moment. Just the guy here didn't choose the right moment to write
Can you explain what you mean here?
Old 09-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #12
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
Can you explain what you mean here?
I have a big problem with the word "talent" comparing to many people : the natural gifts are not only about the "touch/instinct/vision", they are also about the physical abilities, also about the mental ones by the way.

I don't think any of the players, even working very hard, could have the physical abilities which Nadal has.

You need Nadal's genes to be able to reach that level of physicality. I saw pictures of Nadal's as a young boy : he already looked very strong and dynamic.

Besides why can't anybody play with the same style as him ? You can see players hitting shots like Federer (see Dimitrov), but noone like Nadal ! McEnroe's basic shots were like nobody else, for Nadal it's the same, but Fed hits some shots very nicely but it's "normal" shots, it's very prettily excluded but classical. I remember Castafiore told me that Toni had said that he had not taught his shots to Nadal : he instinctively played this way.

I don't believe that all this mainly comes from "hard work" : the guy says he couldn't practice in december and you saw how he played in the Australian Open ! before Monte-Carlo the same ... The guy eats Nutella chocolate every night before going to bed, we've seen him eat icecreams numerous times. When Djokovic makes unbelievably drastic diets !

No I deny all this is just mainly a matter of "hard work" and not mainly of talent.

He had special genes, special many things including energy, strength, dynamism, instinct, coordination ...

That said physically he's someone special, but he's not the first one like that : Borg also had an exceptional body, maybe even more than Nadal.

As for the "touch" in tennis, I don't know what in that is related to technique and what is related to pure "talent".

I believe more in physical gifts than in "technical" "talent".

Last edited by duong : 09-19-2012 at 06:14 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #13
country flag Raferminator
Banned!

Raferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There may not be many tournaments left in the legs of Roger Frauderer, and Novak Djokovic has proven he can be beaten, so Nadal knows that he will have an easier time getting the Grand Slam wins now than at any other point in his career.

If Nadal returns to 100 percent and can stay healthy for the majority of his career, there is no doubt that the star could win six Grand Slams in five years and tie Frauderer’s mark. With Nadal owning the distinctive edge when the two battled, Nadal will be considered the better champion if they finish their careers with the same amount of Grand Slam wins.

This.

Why did you underline the entire article and use such bizarre fonts? Underlining should be used for EMPHASIS only!

The original article link for those who want to rest their eyes and enjoy the contents and pictures:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...st-of-all-time
Raferminator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #14
country flag Apophis

Apophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond repute

The article reads like an MTF post.
Apophis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #15
country flag uxyzapenje

uxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond repute

Nice 1st post OP Seeing your stupid fonts hurt my eyes, so I won't read it...