Who will win the 2013 Davis Cup and Draw Dicussion Thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Davis Cup?

Spain 7 16.28%
USA 3 6.98%
Argentina 11 25.58%
France 5 11.63%
Czech Republic 1 2.33%
Serbia 6 13.95%
Germany 0 0%
Switzerland 6 13.95%
Canada 2 4.65%
Others 2 4.65%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #46
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who will win the 2013 Davis Cup and Draw Dicussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I think indoor hard, because they have no permanent indoor claycourt and last year, they said after the tie against the USA that it was tough to make a proper one for one occasion because of the coldness in Switzerland at that time of year.

Moreover, this year, the tie will be the week after the Australian open and not one week later, and Fed will probably prefer playing on a indoor hardcourt at this moment.

But I think they would choose a slow one, as it's better for Wawrinka and worse for Stepanek.

Wawrinka often gives problems to Berdych by the way. He leads the H2H 5-4 (3-4 on hardcourts, 0-3 indoors)
Do you think there's any chance they could play on clay? It's Wawrinka's favourite surface and it would almost certainly mean Stepanek won't get a win. I would arguably fancy Federer a lot more on clay vs Berdych than on a hard court too.

I have to say you are extremely well informed and I enjoy reading your posts.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #47
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond repute

spain
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #48
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxyzapenje View Post
Lol wut? Dark horses? If Novak plays we are the no1 favourites... Spain will have to come to us and who knows what form will Rafa be in...
I don't think you would be. I don't see Tipsy necessarily winning a tie so it would rely on Djokovic to win both and a doubles win. Obviously Zimonjic is world class but would whoever you pair him up with be a much better combination that what the Spanish could offer? Doubtful.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #49
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
Do you think there's any chance they could play on clay?
it's possible, but this year they did that against the USA and the court was very hard with a lot of bad bounces because the hall was only prepared for the tie and it was very cold in the previous weeks.

Lüthi had to spend time on court with other guys to try to make the court less hard, and it was still very hard in the end, with many bad bounces.

They didn't enjoy the experience at all.

Ps : I read the French-speaking Swiss media on the web but they've said nothing about the choice of surface yet.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #50
country flag STUHL

STUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond repute

Oh not again
STUHL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #51
country flag uxyzapenje

uxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
I don't think you would be. I don't see Tipsy necessarily winning a tie so it would rely on Djokovic to win both and a doubles win. Obviously Zimonjic is world class but would whoever you pair him up with be a much better combination that what the Spanish could offer? Doubtful.
We got 2nd best no2 behind Spain and best no1 player (Murray not in the world group, Rafa - who knows?, Roger is not taking DC too seriously, so no question about that). And Spain (and Switzerland if we both get to the final) would have to come to Serbia so we pick the surface and have home crowd behind us. Novak would favourited to get 2 points and in DC at home Tipsarevic plays his best matches, I would favoure him over Ferrer. Anywhere else, Ferrer would be the favourite, but in Belgrade on indor hard with home crowd behind him, I would pick Janko. And we have 50-50% chance in doubles, I would say we are the favourites overall. And knowing Rafa, maybe he won't even play till eventual final, so Janko would have to beat Almagro (Verdasco).

Worst case scenario, we would be no2 favourites and you can't say that no2 favourites are 'dark horses'.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #52
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

btw GBR drew Russia
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #53
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
btw GBR drew Russia
10 years ago that would have been a sick tie.

Now it's a bunch of futures players against a fallen giant.

If Davydenko plays then GB should pick grass.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #54
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

No way Nadal will play that tie. It'll be in Calgary and the serves will be flying.

Chance for Fed to get some revenge on Berdych. With it being a home tie and during European season I think he'll play it. Steps ain't getting any younger either so there's chances for Stan as well.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #55
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
10 years ago that would have been a sick tie.

Now it's a bunch of futures players against a fallen giant.

If Davydenko plays then GB should pick grass.
Russian team seems to be in a shit and I don't think the old stars like Davydenko and Youzhny will play in Group I now.

Davydenko and Youzhny didn't play the play-off and they only played the double in first round.

Youzhny had announced he stopped Davis cup 2 years ago, letting youngsters play.
Davydenko seldom played in late years.

It seems that the Russians have a big problem with the Davis cup team as Tarpischev even announced Kuznetsov and Donskoy in Brazil ... whereas in the end it was Gabashvili and another one ! Kuznetsov and Donskoy seemed to be focused on other tournaments and didn't come (they would have been better choices than Gaba and Bogo on clay).
Old 09-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #56
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome. I hope Federer plays so Berdych can kick his ass once more before the old fucker checks in to a retirement home.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:50 AM   #57
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Awesome. I hope Federer plays so Berdych can kick his ass once more before the old fucker checks in to a retirement home.
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #58
country flag saviopr

saviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond repute

9 years to come back to World Group, and then a terrible draw for Brazil
saviopr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #59
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by saviopr View Post
9 years to come back to World Group, and then a terrible draw for Brazil
as Darcis said, the seeding system in Davis cup means that for unseeded countries hence emerging countries, there were only 2 good draws : Kazakhstan and Croatia (which meant meeting Spain or Czech Republic in quarters by the way)

The 6 other seeds are all very solid teams.

Still, Brazil would probably have liked to play at home to offer something nice to the spectators, as Belgium now hopes Djokovic will come.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #60
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Saved for future reference .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote