Grigor in Asia - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #16
country flag rargeyy

rargeyy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Grigor in Asia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
Grigor plays Tsung-Hua Yang (#249) in the 1st round. Anderson was obviously the qualifier to avoid so this is a good draw for him although Yang did well to beat Zverev. Assuming he has recovered from his recent injury, Grigor should win this match comfortably.
Hope so!
Bangkok time is London +6h or New York +11h and Beijing -1h!
I really miss him, hope he is fully recovered!
rargeyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #17
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
Grigor plays Tsung-Hua Yang (#249) in the 1st round. Anderson was obviously the qualifier to avoid so this is a good draw for him although Yang did well to beat Zverev. Assuming he has recovered from his recent injury, Grigor should win this match comfortably.
Looks like Tsung-Hua Yang was also #1 in the junior's rankings. They played each other at the semifinals of US Open in 2008, where Grigor beat hit 6-3 5-7 6-2 and then won the title. Also Tsung-Hua Yang was actually the guy who Grigor passed in the junior rankings to become #1 in the world. So looks like they know each other and I expect a tought match, because Yang already played 3 matches and Grigor's last one was almost a month ago.

Singles: [Rank: #23, Highest: #20]
2014: W: Indian Wells Masters
2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #95, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2014: W: Bucharest
2013: W: Chennai, Delray Beach, Tunis CH
2012: W: Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio De Janeiro CH, Geneva CH
2011: W: Atlanta
kr1s71an is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #18
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Could be an interesting match then as they have a history from the juniors. Grigor should win it and he I hope he does as I really want to see him play Gasquet again. He also needs to get back on track after a disappointing HC season
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #19
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Grigor is the last match on Center Court. Hope you have tickets BlueLighthouse.

Not Before 7:00 PM
[8] Bernard Tomic (AUS) v Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (ESP)
[Q] Tsung-Hua Yang (TPE) v Grigor Dimitrov (BUL)
Old 09-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #20
country flag chantelle

chantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr1s71an View Post
Looks like Tsung-Hua Yang was also #1 in the junior's rankings. They played each other at the semifinals of US Open in 2008, where Grigor beat hit 6-3 5-7 6-2 and then won the title. Also Tsung-Hua Yang was actually the guy who Grigor passed in the junior rankings to become #1 in the world. So looks like they know each other and I expect a tought match, because Yang already played 3 matches and Grigor's last one was almost a month ago.
I think it will be a easy match to Grigor. Four years can make everything change. Yang was my favorite player but he's such a pathetic player with poor strategy on the court, he lost himself on the transition from junior to professional player. He plays mostly in the challenger tournaments these years and usually crushed by European/American players. Nowadays Grigor is totally different level player to Yang: Grigor starts to play in the semifinal and looks for his first title but Yang still struggles in challengers and this is his second MD of ATP 250 since 2010.

But I'm still very looking forward to watching this match because first I miss Grigor's play so much, and secondly I wanna know how the difference exactly is.

BTW Hypnotize, I feel the double match may be funny because as far as I know, Troicki, Tomic and Grigor are not such good-tempered players, I really hope something will happen(oh, I'm so evil
chantelle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:31 PM   #21
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Grigor watching quallies matches today (along with some other players). He's with his same old trainer but no sign of Patrick or papa. It seemed like they were just passing time while waiting for something: practice court, transportation...

I watched Yang match the other day, he's not the toughest quallies to meet. Grigor was lucky not getting Kevin or Sugita.

I'll be at his match tonight but from very far seat

It's not easy to post here from my phone, you can follow me on twitter @jessica4stein for some pic but I rarely live tweet the matches.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #22
country flag Hypnotize

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLighthouse View Post
I saw Grigor watching quallies matches today (along with some other players). He's with his same old trainer but no sign of Patrick or papa. It seemed like they were just passing time while waiting for something: practice court, transportation...

I watched Yang match the other day, he's not the toughest quallies to meet. Grigor was lucky not getting Kevin or Sugita.

I'll be at his match tonight but from very far seat

It's not easy to post here from my phone, you can follow me on twitter @jessica4stein for some pic but I rarely live tweet the matches.
That's great BL. Have a great time and I look forward to reading your report on the match.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #23
country flag Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Grigor gets on a televised court and i get sent home from work on the same day!!! This one worked out well for once.

Of course, all the usual best of luck to Grigor, would love to see him play R2 against Gasquet!

Been a while since i have been on here, how is everyone doing?

Mephi x
Mephistopheles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #24
country flag rargeyy

What are u thinking Grigor?!
Old 09-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #25

Mephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond repute

Eek, Grigor looking pretty rusty, and Yang playing really well. Gonna be a close few final games...
Old 09-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #26

Phew! Well that was a close match, Grigor's extra bit of class and shot-making showing through in the last few rallies. Will have to play better against Gasquet but it's good for him to get a win under his belt after the last couple of months.

Right, i need a cup of tea now!

Mephi x
Old 09-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #27
country flag rargeyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
Phew! Well that was a close match, Grigor's extra bit of class and shot-making showing through in the last few rallies. Will have to play better against Gasquet but it's good for him to get a win under his belt after the last couple of months.

Right, i need a cup of tea now!

Mephi x
Im exhausted after this match, and it's almost midnight here , just hope he can end the double game quickly tmr
Old 09-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #28
country flag Hypnotize

Gutted I missed this as I was at work but it's great he managed to finally pull out the win. I was following on Livescores as much as I could and it got quite scary when he was down breakpoints in the 3rd and went behind in the TB. When I was checking earlier on he was at 100% on points won on 1st serve then he dropped serve so I guess he had one of his usual lapses in concentration. He should have won it easier but sometimes matches like this are good for you as it clears out the cobwebs from your brain. I hope I get to see some of the Gasguet match.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #29
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I'm back from the match. Exhausted! Grigor didn't play too bad, just ordinary and Yang played very well, it's the advantage of going thru 3 rounds of quallies.

He'll need to step up like several levels to have a chance vs Gasquet.

After the match, we waited around until a little bit after midnight (7-8 of us plus 10 other) for Grigor's autograph and photos before he got into a car. He saw the groupies T-Shirt and he said he likes it. I said I hope we could use it for the entire week He said he hopes so too. (yeah, right!!!).

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #30
country flag Hypnotize

Well done BL, I think the support from you and your friends pulled Grigor through that match.