Who will win the 2012 Davis Cup Czech Republic vs. Spain? (Berdych having some fun) - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win DC?

CZE 64 49.61%
ESP 65 50.39%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2012, 05:44 AM   #76
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 DC Final CZE - ESP

Croatia were fined for surface speed for their tie against Brazil in 2008. That's the only recent example I can think of.

http://www.daviscup.com/en/results/t...ieId=100010749

fast surface + Wilson US Open balls + Karlovic = 11 of 18 sets going to breakers.

Spain's bitching about the surface before their match against the USA was hilarious. Especially when it turned out Verdasco was 9-1 on the same surface the previous 2 tournaments in San Jose.
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2012, 05:52 AM   #77
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Especially when it turned out Verdasco was 9-1 on the same surface the previous 2 tournaments in San Jose.
Still lost the doubles though
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:58 AM   #78
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

verdasco in doubles last year was pure comedy. you could have paired him with peak J-Mac and they would have been destroyed by Xristos and Johnny Groove

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/P...=2011&m=d&e=0#

(Look at the top result. Brazil F42, wtf)
Old 09-18-2012, 06:16 AM   #79
country flag niff

niff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who will win the Davis Cup Final?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Going to be held in the Czech Republic and definitely not on a slow surface. Spain have won too many times as of late, but the Czechs better hope that Stepanek or Berdych don't get hurt that they miss the final?
Good point about Czech withdrawals, I didn't think of that.....really hope they make the final!
niff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #80
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who will win the Davis Cup Final?

Quote:
Originally Posted by niff View Post
Good point about Czech withdrawals, I didn't think of that.....really hope they make the final!
Funny thing is while Berdych is the better player. It's Stepanek that's the leader in the team, he is their focal point in the squad through his personality that helps with Berdych and others.

Seen it before Berdych folding like a cheap tent in DC when Stepanek isn't there like when he was in dispute with the federation and against Kazakhstan. The final against Spain in Spain doesn't count since they beat up on everyone at home.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #81
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Going to be held in the Czech Republic and definitely not on a slow surface. Spain have won too many times as of late, but the Czechs better hope that Stepanek or Berdych don't get hurt that they miss the final?
Hope the Czechs will win it for you! Just kidding, not just for you!

And I hope Rafa won't be stupid enough to try to play. But who knows.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #82
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It will be very fast as for the Spaniards they can bitch all they want as long as it's within ITF 24-50 scale then they have nothing to whine about.

Carpet is legal as they play tournaments on Challenger level and that classifies. So they have the option of carpet if they want.

In the regulations 38 Surface and Conditions in Note 4 of the Davis Cup rules makes it clear. If carpet is to be laid they have to tell the opposition and ITF, what base it will be laid upon so it fits into the speed regulation.
Check the rules pages 24-25. The requirement of the surface being used on pro tour is for World Group and Zonal Group I. And minimum of $350,000 of prize money for the pro tour event means it's an ATP World Tour event. So I'd say carpet is allowed only on lower levels of DC.

Anyway, I checked the surfaces of ATP indoor events:

Hard, Acrylic on Wood: Paris, Montpellier
Hard, Greenset on Boards: Basel, Kuala Lumpur
Hard, Greenset: Valencia, Metz
Hard, Decoturf: Rotterdam
Hard, Play-It: Bangkok, Stockholm, St. Petersburg
Hard, Gerflor: Marseille
Hard, Premier Court: San Jose
Hard, Plexipave: Memphis
Hard, Opticourt: Vienna
Hard, RuKort: Moscow

WTF is the only indoor event the surface of which I didn't found. On the other hand, I don't know if World Group must be played on a certain type of hard court, or if being a hard court is enough, maybe there are carpet-like courts that are officially hard courts.

Stan Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Australian Open 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic-Murray dominance in Slams
Monte Carlo 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic dominance in Masters
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:27 AM   #83
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post

WTF is the only indoor event the surface of which I didn't found. On the other hand, I don't know if World Group must be played on a certain type of hard court, or if being a hard court is enough, maybe there are carpet-like courts that are officially hard courts.
They are all indoor hardcourts, only thing with all those names are the people that make it and what the base is. So it doesn't matter who makes it as long as it fits the surface and speed requirements.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #84
country flag dazed1
Banned!

dazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond repute

What dd i miss? Rafa plays? how come? injury?
dazed1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #85
country flag romismak

romismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Check the rules pages 24-25. The requirement of the surface being used on pro tour is for World Group and Zonal Group I. And minimum of $350,000 of prize money for the pro tour event means it's an ATP World Tour event. So I'd say carpet is allowed only on lower levels of DC.

ok so just from this surfaces can be choosed? if so i say Montpellier was really quick and Berdych won there, on that surface he would hit thtrought NAdal with easy and Ferrer would be blown off the court.
romismak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #86
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

I feel that Spain are the underdogs in the final, if Nadal is not fit.

Can see Berdych winning both his singles matches and the double match. Spain have a good chance of winning both singles against Stepanek.

Currently predicting 3-2 to the Cze unless Ferrer could pull Berdych shock or Spain pull a double surprise.

A fit Nadal with his big match experience and ability to handle pressure would be a massive bonus and would make Spain favourites.

Hopefully the underdogs and visitors can achieve the win.

Federer 17 GS, 6 Year End Masters, 21 Master Series.
Nadal 14 GS, 0 Year End Masters, 27 Master Series, 1 Olympic Gold.
Djokovic 6 GS, 3 Year End Masters, 19 Master Series.

DrJules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:50 AM   #87
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

I'm rooting for Berdych/Stepanek. They have both got on my nerves recently, but I think they deserve this. They have been playing 2 singles and 1 double match in every DC tie since forever. Time to prove that 2 guys can win the DC, if they have enough commitment and get on well.

Spain has won many cups and will no doubt win more in the future.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:22 AM   #88
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

If a two men team deserves a DC that's Czech Rep. Step and Berd dedication in the last years has been exemplary, all that DC is about

Ostrava will be a boiling pot, of course, cant wait for Berd-Mucho
Old 09-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #89
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
I'm rooting for Berdych/Stepanek. They have both got on my nerves recently, but I think they deserve this. They have been playing 2 singles and 1 double match in every DC tie since forever. Time to prove that 2 guys can win the DC, if they have enough commitment and get on well.
and are lucky : you always need luck to win Davis cup, except if you are Spain maybe and not even. The draw especially has always been a huge key in Davis cup.

Against a fit Del Potro and Nalbandian and if Djokovic had played the QF, they would not be there.

I can root for the Czech people since Spaniards have got it too often, even though I prefer Ferrer and Almagro than Berdych and Stepanek.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #90
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
If a two men team deserves a DC that's Czech Rep. Step and Berd dedication in the last years has been exemplary, all that DC is about

Ostrava will be a boiling pot, of course, cant wait for Berd-Mucho
They are still trying to get the tie played in Prague, so they can overcharge the visitors easier.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1