Who will win the 2012 Davis Cup Czech Republic vs. Spain? (Berdych having some fun) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win DC?

CZE 64 49.61%
ESP 65 50.39%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #16
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 DC Final CZE - ESP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
Don't get why they insist on having Berdych play the doubles too. What's wrong with Dlouhy or Rosol stepping in?
Dlouhy is playing Challengers not up to top level anymore. They have won 11/12 doubles ties and they play well together. There is your reason.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #17
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't get why they insist on having Berdych play the doubles too. What's wrong with Dlouhy or Rosol stepping in?
Have you seen Rosol volleying and returning?
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #18
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Nalbandian. This tournament is irrelevant till next attempt, who cares now.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #19
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Almagro won't play, surely?
It's either him or Feliciano Lopez and Almagro's been in better form... The best for Spain is convincing Nadal to play - actually think Spain's best doubles team might be Nadal/M.Lopez v. Berdych/Stepanek. If Nadal played vs. Stepanek on the first day and played the doubles, it would leave Ferrer to win one of his 2 matches. Might be easier than wanting Nadal to play 2 best of 5 singles including vs Berdych.

Then again, most likely is Nadal won't want his first tournament back to be the DC final. Lack of match practice would show...
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #20
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #21
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Dlouhy is playing Challengers not up to top level anymore. They have won 11/12 doubles ties and they play well together. There is your reason.
Have they faced a team as good as the Spanish team and beat them with Berdych playing all three rubbers? It's easy enough to say look at it from a statistical point of view, but the reality is we know Stepanek almost certainly won't win either of the singles matches so if you force Berdych to play the doubles as well you are asking him to perform a miracle if the Czech's are to win.

Let's say that Nadal is fully fit to play, can you envisage a situation where Berdych could play a BO5 on Friday vs Ferrer/Nadal and win, win the doubles on Saturday, then play a singles match vs Nadal/Ferrer on the Sunday and win? No chance.

He was looking exhausted halfway through the third set today against Berlocq despite the fact they'd blown Schwank and Berlocq away in the doubles.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #22
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Have they faced a team as good as the Spanish team and beat them with Berdych playing all three rubbers? It's easy enough to say look at it from a statistical point of view, but the reality is we know Stepanek almost certainly won't win either of the singles matches so if you force Berdych to play the doubles as well you are asking him to perform a miracle if the Czech's are to win.

Let's say that Nadal is fully fit to play, can you envisage a situation where Berdych could play a BO5 on Friday vs Ferrer/Nadal and win, win the doubles on Saturday, then play a singles match vs Nadal/Ferrer on the Sunday and win? No chance.

He was looking exhausted halfway through the third set today against Berlocq despite the fact they'd blown Schwank and Berlocq away in the doubles.
It won't matter Berdych/Stepanek play well together as a unit. Navratil is not going to change a winning formation is he. They beat Fed/Allegro from 2 sets down, only team they lost was to Verdasco/Lalo on clay.

Berdych came from the US Open and had to adjust to clay in Argentina, lets see that played a role this weekend.

That's their best combo pure and simple.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #23
country flag MalwareDie

MalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond repute

I fancy the Czechs' chances here. The Spaniards have poor records on indoor surfaces, and the Czechs will probably go for broke with the home team advantage. Stepanek is not getting any younger, so they better not blow this chance.
MalwareDie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #24
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Fastest court that can be built by human engineering.

Big Berd and Rosol for singles

Berd/Steps for doubles

that plan gives ROAST
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #25
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Czechs no joke

Nadal on a fast surface is gunna be roasted by Berdych.

already happened

lightening strikes twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #26
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Spain on your 6th DC title
Old 09-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #27
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Hope the Czech Republic takes this.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #28
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Would love Rafa to smash Berdych and make the 'shhhh' gesture to the Czech public. Although he has waaaaay too much class for that obviously

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #29
country flag Brit Tennis Fan

Brit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone seriously believe that Nadal would rush back to play this tie knowing that it will be on a lightening quick indoor court?
Brit Tennis Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #30
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATsol View Post
Depends if dull plays or not.
Rosol will take care if Nadal shows up.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote