Beautiful places & moments around the world - Page 103 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #1531
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beautiful places & moments around the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
its good that u tell me b/c i can miss from time to time

im going to edit it
I think your oversight is amazing. I would be lost trying to keep track of so many pictures myself

I love this thread
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #1532
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I think your oversight is amazing. I would be lost trying to keep track of so many pictures myself

I love this thread
I have a strong memory for pictures, dates and faces

im glad u like it, i just love traveling the world and at the moment thats the close i can get until i will have more time.
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #1533
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Cincinnati's Abandoned Subway

Unknown to many Cincinnatians, sprawling under their feet is a vast network of abandoned and derelict subway tunnels – in fact, the United States’ largest abandoned subway tunnel. Construction of the Cincinnati subway began sometime around 1917, however, just 11 days earlier the United States entered World War I and construction was halted.
No passengers ever rode between the six stations that were built.

The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

Old 10-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #1534
country flag Punky

The story begins in 1879. Joseph-Ferdinand Cheval, then 43 years old, had been working as a rural mail carrier in the southeast of France for 12 years. Because his daily routine involved walking about 20 miles (32km), mostly in solitude, he did a lot of daydreaming. One day he tripped over a small limestone rock. Astonished by its shape and form, he took the stone home. Soon he started to collect stones during his walks to deliver letters and brought them home in his pockets. Collecting stones became an addiction. When his wife became tired of mending his pockets, he changed the mode of transportation and took a basked with him, and later when the stones became bigger he took a wheelbarrow Over the next 33 years he and his wife constructed, from the stones, one of the oddest monuments of all time, the ideal palace or Palais Idéal. By his count it took more than 9,000 days or 65,000 hours and it still brings about 100,000 visitors a year to the otherwise forgettable village of Hauterives north of Valence. "I wanted to prove what willpower can achieve," Facteur Cheval wrote

Old 10-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #1535
country flag Punky

Cabin Built From Fossilized Dinosaur Bones

Located near Medicine Bow, Wyoming, along US Route 30 lies one of USA’s oddest roadside attraction. It’s a cabin constructed out of fossilized dinosaur bones. It contains 5,796 pieces of bones recovered from the nearby Como Bluff, one of the major sites for the early discovery of dinosaur.

The cabin was built as part of a gasoline filling station by Thomas Boylan in the early 1930s. Thomas Boylan had been collecting bones for seventeen years, intending to create sculptures of dinosaurs in front of his house and gas station along the Lincoln Highway. But when Boylan realized that the bones came from various species and there appeared to be no complete specimen in the entire pile, he dropped the idea and instead built the 29 feet by 19 feet cabin with the help of his son.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #1536
country flag Punky

Kansas City Library’s Giant Bookshelf

One of the most unusual architecture at Kansas City, has to be the facade of the parking garage for the Central Branch of the public library. The garage wall was designed to look like a row of giant books lined up on a shelf. The book spines, which measure approximately 25 feet by 9 feet, are made of signboard mylar. The shelf showcases 22 titles reflecting a wide variety of reading interests as suggested by Kansas City readers and then selected by The Kansas City Public Library Board of Trustees.
The garage behind the "books" was constructed in 2006 in response to the need for additional downtown parking. Community input was requested on ways to beautify the new structure and ultimately the idea of a bookshelf evolved.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #1537
country flag Punky

Buddhist Temple Built from Beer Bottles

Drinking is a sin in Buddhism but they certainly don’t have any issues with building temples from beer bottles. In the north-east of Thailand, is a temple built from more than 1.5 million recycled beer bottles
Sometimes known as Wat Lan Kuad, or Temple Of A Million Bottles, the temple uses the discarded bottles to construct everything from the crematorium to the toilets. Recycling doesn't stop at building the temple's buildings - mosaics around the temple, predominantly of Buddha, are made out of bottle caps. Besides being ego-friendly, the disused bottles don't fade, provide good lighting and are easy to clean.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #1538
country flag Punky

something different, heres a Beautiful Close-Up Pictures of Animal Eyes by Suren Manvelyan

Nylus crocodile

just like the eye of sauron from loron of the rings

Last edited by Punky : 10-30-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #1539
country flag Punky

Husky dog

Old 10-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #1540
country flag Punky

Caiman

Old 10-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #1541
country flag Punky

Fish

Old 10-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #1542
country flag Punky

Snail

Old 10-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #1543
country flag Punky

Hyena

Old 10-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #1544
country flag Punky

Horse

Old 10-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #1545
country flag Punky

Sheep Occupy Madrid Street to Protest Grazing Laws