Grega Žemlja Thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Grega Žemlja Thread

Didn't realise the other Slovene Žemlja didn't have his own thread. He deserved one before and soon he will be highest ranked Slovenian male. He is having his best year winning 3 Challengers, getting a wildcard to Wimbledon as well.

First man from Slovenia to make the 3rd round of a Slam at the US Open after coming through qualies.

He owns Kavčič 6-0 and Aljaž Bedene 5-0.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grega Žemlja Thread

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond repute

The man who doesn't smile.

I like how he turned his results around after not passing round 2 of any tournament in the first half of the year. He's got a great chance to get inside the top 50 in the next 8 months, only defending 2 challengers finals.
Boreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond repute

He's smiling here.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

I have said this before he has more talent than Blaž, but never had his work ethic.

He can play on all surfaces, but he always looks asleep and doesn't want to move his feet. Maybe Ziga found the magic formula.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #6
country flag Boreas

He's still working with Janskovec? I thought he's having the same coach as Bedene.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #7
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

If he's not then Ziga has more time for poker. Fucking joke the federation have 3 top 100 guys and they couldn't organise the Challenger this season.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #8
country flag Boreas

I have no idea who's coaching Zemlja to be honest. The last news regarding his coaching status was that he's training in Vienna with Eschauer&Berger and Co. But that was a year ago.

Not too long ago I found Zemlja's online poker account, too. You must've seen it already, I guess.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:45 PM   #9
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

He is still working with Ziga. They were together this year at the Aus Open and he came back with him after working with David Lenar.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-14-2012, 05:21 AM   #10
country flag Boreas

And as for the Challenger in Ljubljana - the 3 best Slos are now above that level and I don't see a good reason for any of them to even play a clay court challenger in the middle of September.

There are rumours, though, that Portoroz might organize an ATP Challenger next year, likely to be played in May.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:20 AM   #11
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Slovenia should still have a Challenger and it would be good for the younger guys as well. It's not like they stop Challengers in other countries cause of that reason.

Considering they're playing better now then they'd get better crowds which weren't bad by Slovenian standards.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #12
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Grega beats clown Beck for the 3rd time this year 7-5 6-3 and has a big chance for the final against Mannarino or Menendez.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #13
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Grega up to number 70 and takes down Lacko in straight sets at St. Petersburg.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #14
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

It's Grega's birthday today and he defeated Hernych in 3 sets in Beijing qualies.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #15
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Good to see Grega qualified for main draw in Vienna.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1