US sends Marines to Libya after deadly attack - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-14-2012, 01:45 AM   #61
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US sends Marines to Libya after deadly attack

great news for yank economy
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012, 01:51 AM   #62
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballbasher101 View Post
Religion is dangerous. Glad I don't believe in some mysterious man in the clouds. Despite all the advances science has made people still believe in fairy tales
What have advances in science got to do with religion?

In fact I don't know what religion has to do with this topic at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
great news for yank economy
Better for the European economy.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:04 AM   #63
country flag ballbasher101

ballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
What have advances in science got to do with religion?

In fact I don't know what religion has to do with this topic at all.

Better for the European economy.

We were not created by some higher power. Science has already shown that. Religious texts have not changed in a thousand years. Science just keeps on advancing. Religion will hopefully die out but I doubt it. People are religious due to fear and a sense of self importance.
ballbasher101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:08 AM   #64
country flag Brick Top

Brick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond repute

Frickin vulture yanks!
Hewitt = Llegend
Iron STan = Saviour of tennis
Villains
Nadull - moonballer with zero talent
Ferrer - Talentless Vulture
Tomic - overrated mug who will never win anything big

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
Basically, Queerey is a disgrace to the human race.
Brick Top is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:21 AM   #65
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We were not created by some higher power. Science has already shown that. Religious texts have not changed in a thousand years. Science just keeps on advancing. Religion will hopefully die out but I doubt it. People are religious due to fear and a sense of self importance.
This is nothing but a collection of subjective conclusions and personal opinions.

Again, what has religion got to do with this topic?
Old 09-14-2012, 02:42 AM   #66

ballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is nothing but a collection of subjective conclusions and personal opinions.

Subjective . Science deals in facts not fiction. The uprisings are due to religion so pointing out the dangers of religion of all kinds not that Islam. Religious texts don't hold up. The earth is more than a few thousand years old. It's good business the religion business that is for sure. Religion does a good job of making money and controlling people.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:53 AM   #67
country flag Jimnik

You think religious texts told them to attack and kill the US ambassador?

Science deals with facts in this life, not the next. I understand if you're an atheist you believe this is the ONLY life we have, and I respect that. But to claim advances in science condemn all religious beliefs obsolete demonstrates a serious lack of understanding of the concept of religious belief. Your statements effectively imply you have an intolerance towards faith which has been the root of many oppressive 20th century political policies, most notably in dictatorial regimes.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:06 AM   #68

Quote:
You think religious texts told them to attack and kill the US ambassador?

Science deals with facts in this life, not the next. I understand if you're an atheist you believe this is the ONLY life we have, and I respect that. But to claim advances in science condemn all religious beliefs obsolete demonstrates a serious lack of understanding of the concept of religious belief. Your statements effectively imply you have an intolerance towards faith which has been the root of many oppressive 20th century political policies, most notably in dictatorial regimes.

Next life? There is no such thing. I used to go church . You only live once. God is a man made invention. God did not create us rather we created him. You will find that the cruelest people on earth are those that actually believe in god. Thousands of people have killed in the name of god. Face it religion is dangerous. Most people are increasingly seeing sense and abandoning the invisible man who does not exist.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:09 AM   #69
country flag Jimnik

So you admit you don't tolerate religious belief? Would you suggest a ban?
Old 09-14-2012, 03:16 AM   #70
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I think it has everything to do with religion. It is Muslims demanding that the modern West respect their ancient fundamental beliefs. I just saw that the Muslim Brotherhood has put out a statement that these attacks on the West will continue until the West complies with their demands of not insulting their religion, as dictated by them.

That is just not going to happen. It would be a sad day for Western civilization if it did.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:16 AM   #71

Quote:

I dislike religion but I tolerate it. I don't go around beating people up like some religious people do. Some of the guys in religious texts would be classified as war criminals today. The sheer brutality of some things in religious texts beggar belief.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:18 AM   #72
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A ban on forcing it on others. Absolutely.

Actually I guess that we already have that in the West. But the Muslim Brotherhood is demanding the West changes its ideology. No way! They can run around the streets of Cairo destroying stuff for 1000 years. We still won't listen.

Last edited by buddyholly : 09-14-2012 at 03:25 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:21 AM   #73
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
Frickin vulture yanks!
What did they do?

Apart from stopping the former Yugoslavia from fighting to the last man standing, that is.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:26 AM   #74
country flag Jimnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I think it has everything to do with religion. It is Muslims demanding that the modern West respect their ancient fundamental beliefs. I just saw that the Muslim Brotherhood has put out a statement that these attacks on the West will continue until the West complies with their demands of not insulting their religion, as dictated by them.

That is just not going to happen. It would be a sad day for Western civilization if it did.
Islam is the excuse for violence, not the cause. The Muslim Brotherhood does not speak for Islam any more than Obama speaks for the West.

Quote:
I dislike religion but I tolerate it. I don't go around beating people up like some religious people do. Some of the guys in religious texts would be classified as war criminals today. The sheer brutality of some things in religious texts beggars belief.
You can't claim you tolerate it and then talk about the "sheer brutality" of religious texts. If you really believe religion tolerates violence and you tolerate religion then implicitly you tolerate violence.

Either you're a hypocrite, or you don't tolerate religion, or you don't really believe religion causes violence.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:36 AM   #75
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I just saw that the Muslim Brotherhood has put out a statement that these attacks on the West will continue until the West complies with their demands of not insulting their religion, as dictated by them.

Did they really?

I saw the speech of Mursi when he met van Rompuy today and in that Mursi clearly condemned the attacks.
If the Muslim Brotherhod calls for peacefull protests against a film they find terrible and provoking, the freedom of speech the filmmakers claim for themselves should also be valid for muslims.

I really condemn these attack too and there is no way ever that they could be justified. There are explanations why there is so much brutality, but for sure none of them can ever explain why innocent people are being killed because of a film.

One problem which I see though, is that by focussing very much on the freedom of speech people in the arab world who suffered for years under supression see a lot of hypocrisy in that argument.
Nobody gave a damn about the freedom of speech for the individual in Mubarak´s Egypt - and by that I mean politicians but also the media and tourists who visited the country.
On the other hand a policy of boycott, such as against the apartheid regime in South Africa, shows that indeed there were possibilities to react differently.

Still this gives only an explanation for anger and hatred but killing someone because of a film really is never tolerable.
Boarder35m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote