US sends Marines to Libya after deadly attack - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #31
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US sends Marines to Libya after deadly attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
the thing is, several western nations have their own prohibitions against free speech. yet, when Muslims do it it's because they're primitive, parochial and medieval. when white westerners do it, it's because of different circumnstances, context and it's therefore an appropriate measure.

double standards are rampant in the west.
So you think the US is a beacon of tolerance then?
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #32
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
2- according to some analysts, the real motive of the violence lies in the american interference in the Middle East, with the film simply being a catalyst for it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...9_story_2.html
Are you calling America's hunting down and killing Al Qaeda leaders ''interference?" The quote you give proposes the attack was revenge for killing an Al Qaeda member. In that case long may the interference continue.

Too bad you didn't have the guts or honesty to quote just one more sentence in your quote. The one about these acts being committed by ''uncontrollable jihadist groups.'' So stupid videos, killing Al Qaeda militants etc. does not matter, these people are out of control in their desire to kill. That was the main point of the article.

Last edited by buddyholly : 09-13-2012 at 07:33 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #33
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
when i visit germany, i'll crack a few jokes about the holocaust. i'll see how open minded and modern they are...
First of all, as far as I know, Germany forbids holocaust denial, not cracking jokes about it. Black humor regarding the holocaust isn't exactly unheard of.

Moreover, any legal steps would be taken against YOU PERSONALLY (and only while you're on Germany soil) maybe they'll be prosecuted, but I promise you that your country's embassy (and ambassador) would be perfectly safe. That movie was independently made.

Plus, you know what hateful programs are broadcasted *these days* in Egypt about Israel? Showing Jews drinking blood from children (the old blood libels). Somehow, the Egyptian embassy in Israel is still standing.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #34
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Or Levy View Post
First of all, as far as I know, Germany forbids holocaust denial, not cracking jokes about it. Black humor regarding the holocaust isn't exactly unheard of.

Moreover, any legal steps would be taken against YOU PERSONALLY (and only while you're on Germany soil) maybe they'll be prosecuted, but I promise you that your country's embassy (and ambassador) would be perfectly safe. That movie was independently made.

Plus, you know what hateful programs are broadcasted *these days* in Egypt about Israel? Showing Jews drinking blood from children (the old blood libels). Somehow, the Egyptian embassy in Israel is still standing.
abraxas would not understand that kind of reasoned statement. He obviously thinks mobs of Germans would attack the Chilean embassy.

I just saw a well dressed educated Egyptian on the streets of Cairo saying that he will not stop protesting until Obama comes out and apologises for the movie, which must be burned. I said educated, but it seems he does not understand too much about the digital age when he wants to burn the film!
But his equating Obama with responsibility for the stupid video just illustrates how little they know of its origin.

Last edited by buddyholly : 09-13-2012 at 07:48 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #35
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Or Levy View Post
it obviously depends on the joke considering that expressing neo nazi beliefs and/or showing signs related to nazism is strictly forbidden there. it's not just about denying the holocaust.

Quote:
true enough.

Quote:
no worries, we know israel has its own "democratic" methods. we're lucky to have them as the beacon of hope in the middle east.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #36
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

about the movie in question

Quote:
Cindy Lee Garcia, of Bakersfield, California, who appears briefly in clips of the film posted online, said she answered a casting call last year to appear in a movie titled "Desert Warrior." "It looks so unreal to me, it's like nothing that we even filmed was there. There was all this weird stuff there," Garcia told Reuters in a phone interview. Garcia said the film was shot in the summer of 2011 inside a church near Los Angeles, with actors standing in front of a "green screen," used to depict background images. About 50 actors were involved, she said.

A source close to the cast and crew of the film told NBC News that “Bacile” misled the actors and production crew. "The entire crew and cast are extremely upset and feel taken advantage of by the producer," the source said. "We are 100 percent not behind this film and were grossly misled about its intent and purpose. We are shocked by the drastic rewrites of the script and lies that were told to all involved. We are deeply saddened by the tragedies that have occurred."
classy film makers.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #37
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:

classy film makers.
That is irrelevant. If you work for the government how come you can post from 9-5 on weekdays? Aren't you cheating the taxpayers?
Old 09-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #38
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Are you calling America's hunting down and killing Al Qaeda leaders ''interference?" The quote you give proposes the attack was revenge for killing an Al Qaeda member. In that case long may the interference continue.
we all know america's war against terrorism is a joke
Old 09-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #39
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
we all know america's war against terrorism is a joke
The royal ''we'' is the real joke here.

Winning!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #40
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
That is irrelevant. If you work for the government how come you can post from 9-5 on weekdays? Aren't you cheating the taxpayers?
hahah im just fitting the stereotype.

i shouldn't even respond to this obvious bating attack, though.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #41
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

America did a Good thing by doing that War on Terror. I Honestly wished My Countrys Leaders had the balls to do the same thing. But they have to work for Muslims Appeasement. That is Indian Congress for you.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #42
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
hahah im just fitting the stereotype.
You are pretty good at it.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #43
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
it obviously depends on the joke considering that expressing neo nazi beliefs and/or showing signs related to nazism is strictly forbidden there. it's not just about denying the holocaust.
Are you familiar with the NPD?
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #44
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
America did a Good thing by doing that War on Terror. I Honestly wished My Countrys Leaders had the balls to do the same thing. But they have to work for Muslims Appeasement. That is Indian Congress for you.
Are you referring to the shameful appeasement of the terrorists in Kashmir?
Old 09-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #45
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Vercetti View Post
Are you referring to the shameful appeasement of the terrorists in Kashmir?

Yes that is one part of it. And a Major Part. Muslims occupy around 15 20 % of the Indian Population and they have an alarmingly high Fertility Rate. So they are a Major Force in the Indian Electorate. So what happens is that the While the Rogue Nation of Pakistan keeps creating Nuisance in India the Government chooses to keep Mum about it because they think it might upset the Muslims.

A Major Part of Kashmir is under Pakistan and that too Illegally.. Morons cant keep their own House in Order but they want more and more land.

Indian Polity here is too fractured and divided to take a Strong decisions on these things.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote