Year-End Masters (WTF) underrated? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #61
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Year-End Masters (WTF) underrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Players are already too tired during WTF. And that's why I don't really understand the point of having WTF, it would be much better if players were playing their best tennis. Now it's won by the one who's not tired. And I think they should change the surface to carpet, thus it'd be kind of carpet slam. And Paris Masters' winner should be give WC to WTF, if somebody has a great indoor season like Nalby in '07, he should play in WTF.
WHAAAAAAAAT?!? Please tell me what is the difference between a break of 6 weeks and a break 6 weeks ?!? Because you're implying there is one considering top players did not get more than that before the WTF and the AO. A completely uniformed post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
A lot of people care only about slams and think everything else is MM - masters, WTF, and so on. Interestingly enough, while most Fed fans complain that WTF is unappreciated, they will happily post "17" all over the place, don't remember seeing many, if anyone, with "6" in the signature
Um, we use mostly because the Nadulletard clowns refuse to appreciate WTF, so we can't annoy those illiterate fans with anything but the biggest gloryhunting targets.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On winning DC and its overall importance in the discussion for all-time greats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #62
country flag ogbg

ogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
WHAAAAAAAAT?!? Please tell me what is the difference between a break of 6 weeks and a break 6 weeks ?!? Because you're implying there is one considering top players did not get more than that before the WTF and the AO. A completely uniformed post.
I was under the impression that the benefit of the new year break was not just rest but that the players also schedule an intensive conditioning block like the pre-season in football.
ogbg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #63
country flag dazed1

dazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
Season is hard and grueling, lately we dont see great quality WTF. If by great quality you mean Olderer destroying everyone. longevity, efficiency and endurance are factors relevant in tennis but 6 of them are atleast always in the end of every single tournament and when slams are over the excitmen goes down and realy u can feel tension like on other big tournies. Oh well my opinion atleast.
If 31 years old man can play at his best, then is no excuse 25 years old can't, not A CHANCE.

Not Federer fault hes 2x more talented then anyone else.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #64
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

No, it's not underrated. It's rated correctly by most people here as far as I can see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
I say otherwise if Roger won it 6 times it's because it's one of the best tournaments. After all Roger's most titles in a single tournament come in important ones 7x Wimbledon, 6x YEC...

Yeah, that's the logic of Fedfans like you and Looner.
If Nadal had won the WTF six times, you'd say the tournament is overrated.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #65
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbg View Post
I was under the impression that the benefit of the new year break was not just rest but that the players also schedule an intensive conditioning block like the pre-season in football.
Federer had a training block after the USO in 2011. So, it's not that they don't do training blocks. Tards simply seek excuses for the fact Federer has 6 times more titles at the event than Djokovic, Murray and Dull combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
I wish you wouldn't mention my nickname in your moronic posts, Mattie. You never make sense and WTF is the 5the biggest tournament in tennis. So deal with it and do not talk about me.

PS Monte Carlo is a MM event .

Quote:
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.

Last edited by Looner : 09-13-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #66
country flag henke007

henke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond repute

Tired Fed def Tired top guys btb Wtf.s
Old 09-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #67
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wish you wouldn't mention my nickname in your moronic posts, Mattie.

And I wish you would stop posting on this forum altogether but you don't always gets what you want

Quote:
You never make sense and WTF is the 5the biggest tournament in tennis. So deal with it and do not talk about me.

I never said otherwise
It's the 5th biggest tourney in the world but it's nowhere near the Slams in prestige and importance. Deal with it.

Quote:
PS Monte Carlo is a MM event .

A MM tourney for which you get 1000 points when you win it. And you are telling me that I write moronic posts? Seriously?
Old 09-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #68
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, it's not underrated. It's rated correctly by most people here as far as I can see.

Lol now you're turning the argument around.....
It is the fed haters that say the YEC is shit because Roger has won it 6 times. nadaull tards obviously can't recognize the value of a tournament their spartan idol hasn't won once and has a losing 9-10 match record on. In the WTF there are no easy draws you play against the top 8 players of a given year.

4 slams > YEC > Olympics > mandatory masters 1000 > non-mandatory masters 1000 aka MC > 500 > 250. This is how it works it termos of value and prestige.

The fact that people include the MC titles from 2009 on when it became non mandatory in nadull's overal masters 1000 titles is ridiculous.

nadull is the non-manadatory masters 1000 GOAT. I'll give you that.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #69
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Between USO and WTF there are tournaments, between WTF and AO only two weeks pre-AO. I'm sure players wouldn't want longer winter break if they were still freash after WTF.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #70
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

It's a tourney with no easy draws ,so that means players who strive on easy draws cannot win.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #71
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Um, we use mostly because the Nadulletard clowns refuse to appreciate WTF, so we can't annoy those illiterate fans with anything but the biggest gloryhunting targets.
Nonetheless, when you drive the importance of the slams sky-high, don't be surprised that many won't care about anything else. Btw, most of Nole fans have no problem with WTF, Nole won one title, played back to back finals, the last year was the only where he underperformed, and since his whole autumn was crap no wonder.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #72
country flag Aloevera

Aloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxyzapenje View Post
You think ppl would celebrate Murray (not counting USO) after winning the WTF then after the Olympics gold?

Probably depends on what kind of gold medal he got in that event. OG is always confusing. But this year is the best Olympic year for tennis though.
Aloevera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #73
country flag Looner

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Between USO and WTF there are tournaments, between WTF and AO only two weeks pre-AO. I'm sure players wouldn't want longer winter break if they were still freash after WTF.
You mean the Nadulle duo? They don't represent all the players.

Quote:
And I wish you would stop posting on this forum altogether but you don't always gets what you want
Of course you wish that happened so all the BS you write goes unnoticed.

Quote:

Last edited by Looner : 09-13-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #74
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

how is it underrated? ive never felt that

this is one of the all time great events, the 5th slam in my eyes, love the tournament, love the format

the veneus in the past were good but its really found its home in London which imo is the best venue on the whole tour... packed crowds every match and the blue court shining in the dark arena is perfection

just seen a pic of it somewhere the other day and cannot wait for this years event again
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #75
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Most top players say that qualifying for the WTF is one of their top priority. Don't be fooled by NadalTards or FedHaters, they have an agenda. They'll say anything, even stuff they don't really believe. It IS the 5th most important tournament. Not underrated at all.
paseo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote