Thoughts on New Zealand - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-23-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thoughts on New Zealand

Now, it's not my intention to offer a detailed and objetive view of a country in which i have never set foot and who I know little about from trustable and reliable sources. Because of this, I'll just say what I think of the place based on the experience of some of the people I know plus random documentary type films in Nat Geo and all time favourite boring adults' movie theather popular film saga's Lord of the Rings.

With that in mind, what do you get from the inhabitants of place? At first sight, based on first impressions they seem to be pretty laid back people, perhaps a little bit too laid back in some places but it's alright since you know you can down a few cans of beer with them and, sure, they can take it. They can afford it too since I figure most of them have money for the basic things in a man's life, such as beer. However, this laid back life gets a bit murkier to an outsider's analysis when in the middle of a small random town of any of two random "big" islands (what's up with the originality of the names btw?) of the nation you see newspaper headlines such as "two sheeps missing from Sam Jones' ranch - police still looking at the sheep" or "fightfigthers continue their struggle to pick up a lost cat from the big tree St. Elmo's street". I mean, there's gotta be something more to the place than beer, sheep, fucking and cats, right?

On another tangent, I see they have a little beef with their big brother Australia but deep down they're buddies. I doesn't help that their flag is almost exactly the same though. I doesn't help any of them that the Union Jack is still featured but, hey, I guess that's ground for another analysis not pertinent with the interest of this thread which is purely about NZ. But anyhow, why is it that australians love to crack jokes on the poor kiwis? They're one and the same after all. I was once told by a new zealander that the worst of britain had gone to Oz while the English top class had emigrated to New Zealand, which had a milder weather. I never cared enough to check the validity of all this in the all-knowing wikipedia so I took her word for granted, without thinking much about it. Then again, it was in those words where you can feel the animosity a little bit. I wonder if new zealanders have -as it usually happens with all small nations who are looked down by the big ones- an inferiority complex towards aussies. It would be quite understandable and even positive if they do, in my opinion.

But anyway, enough of my ramblings. Feel free to contribute to this discussion in any way you please. Opinions are welcome. cheers

Old 09-24-2012, 12:37 AM   #2
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thoughts on New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
I was once told by a new zealander that the worst of britain had gone to Oz while the English top class had emigrated to New Zealand
Ah, once again Mugbraxas manages to insert an Anti-Australian rhetoric into his post. Well done. I am surprised that someone who spends 24/7 whining about "racism" and "discrimination" used so little subtlety in disguising his hate of a particular country.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:30 AM   #3
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

uh? how is that a hateful comment? i merely exposed someone else's idea. an idea i clearly say im not sure if it's true.

furthermore, even if it were some truth to it, i wouldn't care. if anything, i feel more at ease with common people rather than with a bunch of stiffs
Old 09-24-2012, 02:06 AM   #4
country flag bad gambler

bad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond repute

There are more sheep than humans in New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentos View Post
have laugh at the people who attended this. Couldn't afford tomic on laver so they settle for this.
bad gambler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:09 AM   #5
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Oh and what's your take on ummm..... Slovenia?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using VerticalSports.Com App
This is about as good of a question as the one I asked in the Sapeod forum ^^

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:11 AM   #6
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
This is about as good of a question as the one I asked in the Sapeod forum ^^
We need a Sapeod forum ASAP. It'd be amazing. Topspindoctor will be mod.
Harrison - Soderling - Wawrinka - Dimitrov - Davydenko - Russell - Andreev - Stebe - Haas - Schwank - Kuznetsov - Goffin

THE STRONGAWAGON
MTF BIOS

Want to talk tennis or random stuff? Add me to the tennis-related Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnny.viruz
viruzzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:14 AM   #7
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
We need a Sapeod forum ASAP. It'd be amazing. Topspindoctor will be mod.
I can't believe I said forum But that has got to be one of the funniest posts I've seen Professor viruzzz! OMFG I CAN'T STOP LUAHGING!!!!!!!!

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:26 AM   #8
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

better than Old Zealand

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:49 AM   #9
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

i think NZ and AO are one if not the most loved countries there is, i doubt if u will find someone who will say bad word about them and I personally have a problem doing an Analysis on a place i have never visit or lived in my life..i cant even say i know their Mentality.

from picture it looks like Paradise and i only know very very good things about the ppl there, a few of my friends and family did a trip to NZ and AO and told me, u will never meet more lovely or sweet ppl like the ppl there, that was said about NZ more then the ozzies, Even though again, only nice things about them also.

i think the countries are the same in their old Background but still, no country is the same...
i doubt if they have Hatred or hostility to each other, its just teasing, like u tease or bug your brother but its clear, u love him a lot.

u love talking about places u never visit based on trustable and reliable sources..who are them? is it ppl who lived there? if not im sorry its not a trustable or reliable sources at all b/c only a person who really live in a place can tell u the truth.

wonderful country may it will live forever and all of us will live like them
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:21 AM   #10
country flag DJ Soup

DJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond repute

rugby
DJ Soup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:42 AM   #11
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Ah, once again Mugbraxas manages to insert an Anti-Australian rhetoric into his post. Well done. I am surprised that someone who spends 24/7 whining about "racism" and "discrimination" used so little subtlety in disguising his hate of a particular country.
NID.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #12
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

They are bad at Cricket. No Guts No Strength. Very Poor at it to be honest. Its surprising as their Older Cousins the Aussies are pretty good at it.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #13
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

NZ and Oz are friendly places and people are also very frank and fair.

White supremacists have been trying of late to make NZ their haven but that's a minor issue.

Quote:
Liverpool FC need to return to the good old days when the players were born and bred locally. Dalglish, Keegan, McDermott, Kennedy, Lawrenson, Hansen, Grobelaar, Toshack, Molby ........ or were they just the Chelsea of the 70's buying the best talent available in the market?
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #14
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

I lived there for 7 years, Auckland and at the top of the south island, what you wanna know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #15
country flag abraxas21

if i were ruling new zealand, i'd rename the northern island "south island" and the southern island "north island".

just for the lulz, as they say on the internet.