Interesting hardcourt stats concerning Djokovic and Murray - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Interesting hardcourt stats concerning Djokovic and Murray

Djokovic
Number of major outdoor hard finals reached: 20
Won 11, lost 9

Australian Open/Indian Wells/Miami: won 8, lost 2
Canada/Cincinnati/US Open: won 3, lost 7

Murray
Number of major outdoor hard finals reached: 13
Won 8, lost 5

Australian Open/Indian Wells/Miami: won 1, lost 4
Canada/Cincinnati/US Open: won 5, lost 1

If you add in Murray's two Shanghai titles then he is 7-1 in big outdoor hard finals in the second half of the year. Obviously statistics alone can never tell the whole story, but it's worth noting the difference between the two men regarding their favourite part of the hardcourt season.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
country flag tyruk14

tyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interesting hardcourt stats concerning Djokovic and Murray

Are the rest among your some eleven-thousand posts as brainlessly dull-witted as the blither you posited thereabove?
Old 09-11-2012, 10:50 PM   #3
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyruk14 View Post
Are the rest among your some eleven-thousand posts as brainlessly dull-witted as the blither you posited thereabove?
the irony is overpowering

mug
Old 09-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #4
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

I never even noticed Sjeng Schalken retiring. Should've paid more attention.

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #5
country flag venky91

venky91 has a reputation beyond reputevenky91 has a reputation beyond reputevenky91 has a reputation beyond reputevenky91 has a reputation beyond reputevenky91 has a reputation beyond reputevenky91 has a reputation beyond reputevenky91 has a reputation beyond reputevenky91 has a reputation beyond reputevenky91 has a reputation beyond reputevenky91 has a reputation beyond reputevenky91 has a reputation beyond repute

So much for the "Undisputed King of Hardcourts."
venky91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote