Andy Murray: one slam wonder? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-11-2012, 04:26 AM   #46
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy Murray: one slam wonder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
You obviously never was involved in any sport on competitive level and naturally have no clue about losing and winning and how to deal with that.Hell, I'm sure if you'd be able to do 10 push ups, you'd be jumping for joy.
i play football, tennis and rugby + hit the gym three times a week, free weights

keep firing and missing though lad
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 05:02 AM   #47
country flag BigV

BigV has a reputation beyond reputeBigV has a reputation beyond reputeBigV has a reputation beyond reputeBigV has a reputation beyond reputeBigV has a reputation beyond reputeBigV has a reputation beyond reputeBigV has a reputation beyond reputeBigV has a reputation beyond reputeBigV has a reputation beyond reputeBigV has a reputation beyond reputeBigV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
So Andy Murray hasn't won a slam in the past 5 minutes. Will he ever manage to win another?
Who cares? The other recent 1 slam wonders I can think of (Ferrero, Moya, Gaudio, Johansson, Roddick*, JMDP) have done pretty much sod all outside of their 1 golden moment, where as Murray has already proved he is not there by luck alone as this was his 5th crack at it. Hence I don't think anyone can realistically say this was just a lucky tournament.

I don't think Andy is going to win loads of slams purely because the competition is too tough and his style of play is insanely physically demanding. However, I do think he will win another and assuming he stays free of major injuries he will probably have 4 or 5 by the time he retires.

*with the exception of Roddick, who IMO has also proved he was not just a lucky 1 hit wonder... if it wasn't for Federer he would be a 4 or 5 time Wimbledon champ to add to that 1 USO win.
BigV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:03 AM   #48
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Who cares? The other recent 1 slam wonders I can think of (Ferrero, Moya, Gaudio, Johansson, Roddick*) have done pretty much sod all outside of their 1 golden moment, where as Murray has already proved he is not there by luck alone as this was his 5th crack at it. Hence I don't think anyone can realistically say this was just a lucky tournament.

I don't think Andy is going to win loads of slams purely because the competition is too tough and his style of play is insanely physically demanding. However, I do think he will win another and assuming he stays free of major injuries he will probably have 4 or 5 by the time he retires.

JCF reached 2 other slam finals, Roddick reached another 4, Moya reached another, and they all made number one in the world!
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #49
country flag mindrust

mindrust has a reputation beyond reputemindrust has a reputation beyond reputemindrust has a reputation beyond reputemindrust has a reputation beyond reputemindrust has a reputation beyond reputemindrust has a reputation beyond reputemindrust has a reputation beyond reputemindrust has a reputation beyond reputemindrust has a reputation beyond reputemindrust has a reputation beyond reputemindrust has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Andy for finally getting the monkey of his back.However for another major triumph,the stars have to align significantly.Pathetic baseline game from Andy in the first two sets,wouldnt pull the trigger if his life was on the line.Such a brand of pushing wont get him anywhere against a fit Fedal and a hungry Djokovic, who can adapt to windy conditions.I really hope that he changes the way he approaches crucial points.
mindrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:01 AM   #50
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:15 AM   #51
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

With two slams he'd still be a two-slam wonder.

He needs two more.

Cmon.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #52
country flag mseles1

mseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus piss on parade much. I'd be surprised if he didn't win Australian Open one year (at least.)
mseles1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #53
country flag randomtennisfan

randomtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputerandomtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputerandomtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputerandomtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputerandomtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputerandomtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputerandomtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputerandomtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputerandomtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputerandomtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputerandomtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Should have a great chance at winning the AO.
randomtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #54
country flag Young 8

Young 8 has a reputation beyond reputeYoung 8 has a reputation beyond reputeYoung 8 has a reputation beyond reputeYoung 8 has a reputation beyond reputeYoung 8 has a reputation beyond reputeYoung 8 has a reputation beyond reputeYoung 8 has a reputation beyond reputeYoung 8 has a reputation beyond reputeYoung 8 has a reputation beyond reputeYoung 8 has a reputation beyond reputeYoung 8 has a reputation beyond repute

He will retire with more Slams than Djokovic
Young 8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #55
country flag Houstonko

Houstonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Fixed for accuracy and you're welcome
Welcomed!

Note: Who cares? Feddy is king and he will beat murray in a slam again
Houstonko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #56
country flag Houstonko

Houstonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
With two slams he'd still be a two-slam wonder.

He needs two more.

Cmon.
needs at least 5 by beating top form djokovic, nadal and federer in his slam wins to be spoken as same breath as djokovic at least.

murray is not close to the throne and yet needs to defend his throne once he ascended. He is far far away from the real pressure. Djokovic already felt it this yr.
Houstonko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #57
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Finally Murray earns the right to the same level of ridicule heaped up on Roddick.

Hope it's the first and last one for the faking pusher.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #58
country flag zhangxi8242

zhangxi8242 has a reputation beyond reputezhangxi8242 has a reputation beyond reputezhangxi8242 has a reputation beyond reputezhangxi8242 has a reputation beyond reputezhangxi8242 has a reputation beyond reputezhangxi8242 has a reputation beyond reputezhangxi8242 has a reputation beyond reputezhangxi8242 has a reputation beyond reputezhangxi8242 has a reputation beyond reputezhangxi8242 has a reputation beyond reputezhangxi8242 has a reputation beyond repute

maybe 8-15
zhangxi8242 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #59
country flag vavavoom

vavavoom has a reputation beyond reputevavavoom has a reputation beyond reputevavavoom has a reputation beyond reputevavavoom has a reputation beyond reputevavavoom has a reputation beyond reputevavavoom has a reputation beyond reputevavavoom has a reputation beyond reputevavavoom has a reputation beyond reputevavavoom has a reputation beyond reputevavavoom has a reputation beyond reputevavavoom has a reputation beyond repute

vavavoom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #60
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully not.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote