94K views 984 replies 340 participants last post by  zdravkelja 
#1 ·
Murray confirms his place as one of the greats of the modern game

Well done Andy.

What a summer for British sport.

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#224 ·
Ny heartfelt CONGRATS to US champion Andy Murray!!! :worship: :cheerleader: :yeah:

Finally managed to break the curse of being a loser in a GS final, not unlike his coach, Ivan Lendl.

Those who complain about the wind, do remind that that wind was the same for the both of them. Even more, should Djoko have been forced to play along in his semifinal against Ferrer in those same circumstances, who would have known how that might have turned out.

Murray dealt with the circumstances a lot better than Djoko, so there's this result.

FOUR different winners in FOUR GS tournaments.
Quite a while since that happenend and I daresay, it's good for tennis. :)

#229 ·
very happy for Murray. would have been a very sad day for him to lose his 5th, so thank god he stayed in it! Djokovic's attitude was rather poor throughout the entire match and the only thing I particularly liked about him this match was seeing his girlfriends cute face from time to time.

big pushing match, neither player hitting or constructing that many great points. just a lottt of long extended rallies. makes you miss the likes of Federer or Nadal, who both in their own ways will eventually push the issue rather than endure rallying at the baseline for eternity. they also (the commentators as well as the players), made to big a deal about the wind. it wasn't even that windy! a bit sure, but part of tennis is dealing with the conditions and adjusting accordingly!

congratz Murray +++ hopefully you get out of your shellshock and realize how awesome your accomplishment is! Olympics + a slam, more awesome of a year than he could have imagined :) :worship:

#258 ·
It could be worse. He could have been American.

#238 ·
Fred Perry won his 1st GS title on this same date, i mean is that fate or what?

what happened to that British 70 year wait for a slam?

Americans and Aussies are waiting now :cool:

Muzza coming to sky sports studios now, cmon Muzza, i want to hear from ya Champ, all the sky team are waiting there with the champagne

#245 ·
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS MIKEY

VAmosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

#241 ·
gold+uso+loss To The Goat+silver

What A Summmmmerrrrrr

#246 ·
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:
Destiny is yours Andy soo proud of you to be your fan...all the pain has been worth it!!

#284 ·
And it won't be a big deal if it does.

#250 ·
nole fought hard, he has been lacking since AO, no doubt he will be back for next year :)

#252 ·
glad for andy even though not a fan...wanted him to win this one although nole has my heart after fed of course....sorry for nole..loved his fighting spirit in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th sets....it was just murray's time...now murray has beat fed/olympics and nole/us open....wow, wonder which one of them will get murray first in the new year with another chance at a final...

That's why i love tennis....it's about intangibles on the day and the wind tore us open today like it was nothing...congrats to both players who tried to fight their way thru..i think murray just handled the wind better.

On to the rest of the season....

cat

#255 ·

#256 ·
Djoker still has 5 times more slams than Mugray and they are the same age :lol: Djoker will win AO+USO next year and Nadal RG+W - Hopefully Olderer and Mugray are receive RU plates in all 4 of those slams.

#257 ·
Murray now officially has a better career than Roddick & Delpo.

Watch AM adding more slams next year and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.