USO Final: Murray beats Djokovic 7-6(10) 7-5 2-6 3-6 6-2 - Page 66 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 03:04 AM   #976
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USO Final: Murray beats Djokovic 7-6(10) 7-5 2-6 3-6 6-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashkatik View Post
OK now it's time for my sadistic tradition of going through the last 50 pages of the USO thread in Djokovic forum, and through the accounts of all the Djokovic fans I have on Twitter

Cya
Just got through the entire GM live commentary thread. Was like reading the crazed memoirs of a bunch of hicks in a loony asylum.

Worth it just to read the pages right after Andy gave away the 4th set. Should probably name and shame the haters that counted him out, but they know who they are. I'm sure they're enjoying their consolation prize of salty tears and excuses

Andy didn't even have a drink in celebration. Shows he's still focused on further success
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012, 04:10 AM   #977
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Good, some new Muzza fans coming out of the closet.

True legends of the game

Nadal = GOAT

2004-2007 = Weakest era in tennis
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-14-2012, 05:28 AM   #978
country flag GhostUnholy

GhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond repute

Some thoughts:

- Congratulations to Murray and his team, well deserved win after a lot of hard work, perseverance, and disappointment.
- Congratulations to Clydey and Mikey who've been foretelling a Murray win as long as I've been here
- Match was relatively poor quality, but given the wind what can you expect I guess. It was interesting to see how badly Djokovic dealt with it and how collected murray stayed for the majority of the match.
- Lendl seems like a great addition to Murray's team mentally. Their interviews are pretty telling
- Hilarious to see the disappearance or subdued reaction of a lot of Djokovic's tards. From future golden slam and future GOAT to hardcore GOAT to subpar performances in the big stages of four straight tournaments (FO, Wimbledon, Olympics, USO)
- I hope Murray can stay motivated and keep working hard now that he's achieved his goal - he has the potential to achieve a lot more.

Most fascinating to me is that this was very much a transitional year with 4 different champions. Despite Federer and Nadal having success this year, the Fedal era is very clearly and inevitably coming to an end between age and injuries. Djokovic and murray have their chance to make it their era for a couple seasons since there's something of a void of young talent but I don't see these guys being long term dominant forces like Federer and Nadal - they're not that much younger than Rafa anyways. This year reminds me a lot of 02/03 but with less up and coming talent.
GhostUnholy is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-14-2012, 06:16 AM   #979
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Very happy to see Murray finally getting that monkey of his back. He has shown tremendous resilience over the years to come back fighting after each grand slam final setback and give himself another opportunity for glory. Beating the best hard court player in the world in the final was a great achievement.

It's very nice to finally have another season with 4 different slam champions again for the first time in 9 years. In 5 of the last 8 years, one player won 3 out of the 4 slams which I found to be quite boring. As an added bonus, there will finally be an exciting battle for the year end no. 1 ranking, again for the first time since 2003 really.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #980
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

celebrating the 5 day anniversary

incase i forgot to say it

ON YOUR FACES

Judy Moo!
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #981
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

^^^
Feldman, do you like Fed more than Murray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #982
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
celebrating the 5 day anniversary

incase i forgot to say it

ON YOUR FACES

Judy Moo!
Dont need to remind, this blasphemy wont be forgot until tennis lives.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #983
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATsol View Post
^^^
Feldman, do you like Fed more than Murray?
Well, Fed is my 1st love between them

but i love them equally really

Last edited by Corey Feldman : 09-14-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #984
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #985
country flag zdravkelja

zdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond repute

Well deserved
zdravkelja is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread